Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As much as I hate to say it, Freedom of Speech per the 1st Amendment is about making speech, not access to speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is alarming the number of people who don't understand the first amendment.

It is NOT a violation of the first amendment for one Twitter user to block another.

I am no fan of Trump, but I hope he curb-stomps them into the ground. That will teach people to think twice before wasting the court's time with these pointless "get rich/famous quick" lawsuits.

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems retarded. I really doubt they get anything out of the lawsuit.

Twitter isn't a public forum, it's privately owned, and free speech doesn't extend to it. This is why Twitter can ban you without being sued. IDK why anybody thinks this has merit. He also didn't prevent them from tweeting in general, just directly at him, which he has a right to do.

Can we go back to actually criticizing real problems with Trump, instead of this highschool stuff? "I'm suing you because you blocked me on social media" is just petty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    IDK why anybody thinks this has merit.
    I'm personally surprised americans get anything done because all they seem to do is whine about things nowadays, or perhaps it's just people online.

Constant, unstopping tide of moaning about one thing or the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    They can only view his tweets if they log out of the service.
    Yep, they have to spend 3 sec pressing ctrl+shift+n and type twitter.com/realdonaldtrump

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Twitter isn't a public forum, it's privately owned, and free speech doesn't extend to it. This is why Twitter can ban you without being sued. .
    That is because Twitter is a private company. The government converts any medium used to a public entity for those communications. If the law worked the way you think then censorship would be legal by simply saying oh its private.

When the white house stated Trumps private twitter makes official potus statements they opened the door to this legal action. Twitter is also a platform that many public agencies make use of. They are all bound by it.

This doesnt mean that Trump can not ban people. But it gas to be done under certain circumstances for it to hold up in a court. It is why most government agencies have guidelines for users of twitter and facebook. So they can legally ban you for being disruptive. Different opinion though is not the same as disruptive. The president may also be seen as different then lesser offices just because it is the highest office.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    That seems retarded. I really doubt they get anything out of the lawsuit.
    Just another media circus...

Do you think anyone will be surprised when Trump is reelected? They are quadruple Teflon coating the man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The law doesn't care if you can log out and see it. Of course their are other ways to see the tweets but seeing them first-hand can be a protected part of the government.
    Smells like lawyers twisting the law into a pretzel to get their result to me. Aside from the fact that it's arguably Twitter's fault (ie let blocked users see your tweets but just not respond), logging out is such a trivial thing. It's like suing the government for the same reason because they published an announcement in all the newspapers and you had to buy it to read it.
    Still not tired of winning.

I mean, I don't like the guy, but if I was being spammed by inane shit, i'd probably block the people posting it too. He isn't stopping them from speaking or using the social media platform, he's just ignoring them.

Bunch of faries overreacting to nothing.

People sperging out over Trump, more at 11.

His personal account should be banned and he should be forced to use the POTUS one only, like the regulations demand.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I thought the first amendment didn't apply because Twitter is a private website
    Some people have malleable opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    They can only view his tweets if they log out of the service.
    It's quite dumb that Twitter blocks *logged in users* from accessing a feed.
    Speaks a lot about the platform.

Deleted
    I am still surprised there are still people that use Twitter.

Here in the Netherlands, that platform is dead and buried for years now. People in the US still actively use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    IMO, only my personal opinion.

If trump wants to block someone on his personal twitter that is perfectly fine, but the official POTUS one should not block anyone. If Trump is truly using these as way to communicate with Americans and not using the traditional media then blocking Americans from reading what he saying seems to go against the POTUS representing all Americans even those who disagrees with him.
    @DUFUS only represent and minority of the american which totally despise the majority of the american.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Just another media circus...

Do you think anyone will be surprised when Trump is reelected? They are quadruple Teflon coating the man.
    ?

I'm not sure I see the link between Trump being reelected and this seemingly fraudulent lawsuit against him.

And to answer your question, yes, I would be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    ?

I'm not sure I see the link between Trump being reelected and this seemingly fraudulent lawsuit against him.

And to answer your question, yes, I would be very surprised.
    People say that Trump is sure fire to be reelected the only thing they don't realize is half the voting population stayed home last time. Do they really think that half of the population is going to stay home again or that they will vote Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    People say that Trump is sure fire to be reelected the only thing they don't realize is half the voting population stayed home last time. Do they really think that half of the population is going to stay home again or that they will vote Trump?
    If another hot garbage candidate is run against him and people keep Trump spamming, you can easily recreate that night.

Seriously. It's been less than a year since people vainly thinking Trump couldn't win bit them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blocking users from tweeting to him may also violate the first amendment (the last part, "to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.")
    Except it doesn't. They can still do that. Twitter is a private ground. By your logic twitter can't ban me because it stops my first amendment rights when it isn't true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    you assume the half that stayed home would have voted for Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/...er/?source=dam

"a public intellectual." These people think so highly of themselves.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR