Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What do you get from 16+.
    More items per chest = higher chance to get 930+ titanforged for example?
    I don't raid mythic this tier, instead I just do shit ton of high m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    More items per chest = higher chance to get 930+ titanforged for example?
    I don't raid mythic this tier, instead I just do shit ton of high m+.
    Meh, not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Keystone Master achievement is one thing you could use instead.
    Yeah so you completing -15 in time in 7.1.5 when its not even close to comparable proves what? Why am I not taken into mythic ToS for linking my curve for mythic xavius?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    No it doesn't mean 'just as much'. There is a reason to progress mythic bosses - it's actual CONTENT. There is NO reason to do anything above +15 - both the achievements and the weekly chest stop getting better after that point. Your comparison is completely out of place.
    And that's why nobody expects you to push past 15 to get into a 15 key. You can't make people choose worse players over the better ones. Might aswell hide ilvl aswell.

I choose not to waste my time wiping for an hour on a +15 key when I can have people who have done the way harder version of the dungeon and finish it in 20min.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    If you don't do much Mythic+, you can't be a decent player in Mythic+, sorry. Excellence comes with tries and repetition.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have low mythic score, you just don't care about it. Try to push it and you'll have decent mythic score. Having every 15+ dungeon yields 1.8k MS and it's not hard to do.

KSM means nothing, sorry, with all those rebalancings. Mythic score, on the other hand, is good objective metric. It's hard to imagine something better.
    You can not do Mythic+ much and do just fine and be decent at Mythic+. It's dungeons at the end of the day with a few adjustments.

it sucks, you can have better gear and skills and just do the +15 for the week than someone that have a higher M+ score becouse that dude get carried or spend 5 times more in m+ than you (and is still a worst player)

Mythic + score is an extremely flawed and biases system. All that needs to be changed is that every single run you do counts. Keep the super high keys giving more points or whatever, but invalidating doing dozens of 15s because some one has done a 16 instead is just nonsense and makes no sense given how dungeons work in this game.

A real indicator of success in five mans is that you have dozen a high volume of dungeons successfully, not done a single really difficult one.
    That works well in raiding, because killing bosses takes people weeks. In Mythic+, especially for pugging, knowing some one has completed a +20 once is irrelevant. You want to know how many times they have done the dungeon, because that means they know exactly what to do and have had plenty of opportunity to maximize their gameplay.

Regardless, the system is inherently flawed as its trying to rank an individual on the success of a group.

It should just be scrapped, as its causing this backwards confusion where people think the only precedent for forming a group is this made up score based on data that isn't actually relevant to what they are about to do.

Keep the drop-down menus where it shows every dungeon completed by the toon, but leave the score part out of it.
    Trying to summarize the success of an individual in a group setting based on the highest dungeon they have every completed is detrimental to the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    it sucks, you can have better gear and skills and just do the +15 for the week than someone that have a higher M+ score becouse that dude get carried or spend 5 times more in m+ than you (and is still a worst player)
    Great example.
    Spending 3 hours in a +25 and completing it once is less valuable than completing 5~ +15s in that same time period, both from a gearing perspective and an experience perspective.
    Should NOT be incentivizing it under this system.

Every dungeon should count towards the score, as completing dungeons is a culmination of experience, not progression like raids.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    And why do you consider those dungeons garbage? Because you can't finish them in a timely manner? Guess what, that says something about your ability.
    No, because they drop shit loot, take longer and are just not a fun experience. Obviously I could spend time running them a bunch and get better at them, but that has no influence on whether or not I'm good enough to do your Arcway key(just as an example). And you seem to think dungeons are somehow a completely different game than raids or PvP. Spoiler: class abilities still do the same things, the only thing you have to do differently in dungeons is learn the pulls, after that you can do any level up to the point where unavoidable damage 1shots you.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-07-16 at 04:16 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, because they drop shit loot, take longer and are just not a fun experience. Obviously I could spend time running them a bunch and get better at them, but that has no influence on whether or not I'm good enough to do your Arcway key(just as an example). And you seem to think dungeons are somehow a completely different game than raids or PvP. Spoiler: class abilities still do the same things, the only thing you have to do differently in dungeons is learn the pulls, after that you can do any level up to the point where unavoidable damage 1shots you.
    No it doesn't work that way, 5 mans require a very different skill set than raids. You don't need to interrupt jackshit in a raid, you don't really need to use any of your utility these days as a dps in a raid, you don't need to cc at all and so on and you have to be able to do it on the fly without being reminded by dbm to do it in mythic+ and you have to be very very quick about it while you're dealing with different affixes and so forth.

Sorry but while I agree with you that mythic+ score is pointless, you've got it ass backwards, mythic+ IS where the skill is at, raids are not outside of the very cutting edge top 10-30 guilds.

I myself had a hard time finding a guild mythic raid guild for Nighthold and was stuck doing only heroic for way too long, but I'll tell you what my Mythic+ score was awesome, and I'll tell you what else, I did Mythic+ with high end raiders from time to time and they fucking sucked in almost all cases where they weren't extremely experienced with mythic+ because they're slow as fuck, later on I eventually found a Mythic raiding guild and with far less experience I was outperforming a lot of the people in my guild with less gear, or at least staying on par with them even while I was learning the pace of those fights on Mythic.

Mythic+ (once you're into high lvl keys) requires a lot of skill you only typically need in PVP and sorry but even your average mythic raider does not have that built in.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-16 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    If you don't do much Mythic+, you can't be a decent player in Mythic+, sorry. Excellence comes with tries and repetition.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have low mythic score, you just don't care about it. Try to push it and you'll have decent mythic score. Having every 15+ dungeon yields 1.8k MS and it's not hard to do.

KSM means nothing, sorry, with all those rebalancings. Mythic score, on the other hand, is good objective metric. It's hard to imagine something better.
    But clearing all +15 doesn't mean anything either. Seriously that shit isn't so hard. With an avg. gear of 910 you don't even have to be good to clear it.
    And yes, that's my point, I don't care about it, I want it for my weekly and that's it. But randoms won't invite people with a low score.
    On top of that, if I clear +15 this week, it's a different story than clearing it one or 2 weeks ago, because the affixes change every week.
    I did my +15 this week with a mage that had overall less damage than the tank throughout the whole dungeon.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-16 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon View Post
    Its án okay system to judge players you never played with before. It has it flaws (namely if you dont generally play alot of M+). But atm besides ilvl there is nothing else you can really look at when you are looking for players. so yeah it works fine - could be better but its fine.
    it's just that only the top 100 get on there so say i do a eoa 14 and 1 chest it and get a coen 15 form that key and fail it neither score appears which imo is a clear flaw

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Mythic + score is an extremely flawed and biases system. All that needs to be changed is that every single run you do counts. Keep the super high keys giving more points or whatever, but invalidating doing dozens of 15s because some one has done a 16 instead is just nonsense and makes no sense given how dungeons work in this game.
    The problem is the wowprogress/raider.io is taking the mythic+ score from the wow api and since wows leaderboards only list top 100 theres no other way for them to get the runs from the players.

If all you do is deplete 15s for the weekly chest, it doesn't matter whatsoever.

If you're pushing high keys, 18-20s during this week easy affixes, i rather take someone who has experience completing said dungeons on time, at high levels. I don't care what your score is if all you have are depleted keys and failed runs.

Nothing worse then forming a group to push 20s and figuring out immediately as you start that some of the players (mythic raiders, 90+ parsers on logs, wtv) don't understand basic mechanics, how affixes work, what mobs\packs are dangerous, what to stun\interrupt\avoid, etc.

So yea, even if flawed, the score helps with filtering those out. Just make sure you check their m+ history before commiting to a high level run. That's the best method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    But clearing all +15 doesn't mean anything either. Seriously that shit isn't so hard. With an avg. gear of 910 you don't even have to be good to clear it.
    Yes, it means much. It means that you can clear some +15 and it's likely that you weren't being carried, because getting carried 12 times is very unlikely.

And yes, that's my point, I don't care about it, I want it for my weekly and that's it. But randoms won't invite people with a low score.
    Sorry, that's just wrong. There are many groups who invite without requiring any MS. They usually don't finish the dungeon, because 4 of 5 are incompetent and arrogant, so group disbands, but you are welcome to join those groups anyway. And if you want to have a smooth run, you either have to get some trust relationship with someone (e.g. you raid with someone who knows your skill and will invite you regardless) or you have to select people based on some other criteria. Mythic score is good criteria.

On top of that, if I clear +15 this week, it's a different story than clearing it one or 2 weeks ago, because the affixes change every week.
    I did my +15 this week with a mage that had overall less damage than the tank throughout the whole dungeon.
    Yep, it's not perfect criteria. But, given that affixes take so long to rotate, it's not possible to get some objective measure of their difficulty. I don't see better system with current game mechanics.

Your mage got 150 score. Now he have to do another 11 +15 to have good mythic scores. It's likely that he won't do that.

My problems with it is the fact you have to clear every dungeon to have a decent "score". Someone who clears a 12 in every dungeon has a higher score than someone who clears a 20 in a single one despite the fact the later will be a much better player.

It also doesn't take account imbalances within the instance pool itself. Clearing a high CoEN/Karazhan key is not the same thing as clearing a high DHT one for example, yet the scores they yield is the same.

It encourages people to "game" the system rather than push as high as they can.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2017-07-16 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuggoz View Post
    You can't make people choose worse players over the better ones. Might aswell hide ilvl aswell.
    You seem to have completely missed the point discussed in this thread. The problem here is, on average, better players won't be having higher m+ score than average players, because better players are too busy raiding. This results in a retarded system that makes it harder for better players to find a group every week; and when they finally do find a group, they usually have to carry a bunch of 2k m+ score retards who abused the system through easy affixes like current EU ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    You seem to have completely missed the point discussed in this thread. The problem here is, on average, better players won't be having higher m+ score than average players, because better players are too busy raiding. This results in a retarded system that makes it harder for better players to find a group every week; and when they finally do find a group, they usually have to carry a bunch of 2k m+ score retards who abused the system through easy affixes like current EU ones.
    Well the situation you describe hardly ever happens. The hardcore raiders who MIGHT be better either do keys with the guild or they can link some rare Mythic achivement and are almost guaranteed to get in to any +15 key, when you take into account they are likely high itemlevel aswell. Your average 2/9 or 3/9M raider for sure isn't a better player in m+ than a guy without mythic experience but a decent m+ score.

Deleted
    If you are in the top10's of your class score-wise, you got some benifits: Instant-Invites for any key + you just got asked by random players if you are interested to play some high keys (even if you're not queued).

But it also happens that you got removed from the group if someone with better ranking is queueing up. Happend to me in Season 1: I was Top 5 and was replaced by Top 2 of the same class (maybe 30 points difference). Fortunately they depleted the key

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuggoz View Post
    So instead of this decent system we will have nothing to evaluate how good someone is for your key? Come on, only people who have shit score themselves dislike the system, because people will know to not take them in. If you are extremely good raider instead, linking some high mythic achievement will help you, but its not those people who have problems getting keys anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on man, with that logic I should be taken into 8/9M guild because im actually a good player(or at least I say so) but don't raid outside of 1 day a week and thats why im 9/9HC or something like that. High m+ score means just as much if not more than mythic raid kills. You can be carried through mythic bosses, but you absolutely can't get carried through many of the high keystones.
    No. If you want to compare those 2 different aspect of the game it should be: I killed all hc/mythic bosses but I cannot find a group because I do not kill them 20 times a week

M+ are not hard, half brained people who did them more than 10-20 times knows exactly what to do on affix + bosses. You don't need to finish one dungeon 100 times to know it, lol.

Moreover the 'hard' keys 20+ and higher are totally unbalanced and frustrating to do. Don't mistake badly balanced content with hard content

Deleted
    Anyone know how this M+ Karma score works that wowprogress introduced newly?

Seems to work with "likes" but how can you "like" a run?

My advice is to farm up score on the easiest weeks like this weeks and then you dont have to care for awhile