10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I turned off all the shits from 1st and 2nd fight and the 3rd was a push over. Finally complete! Now I need to unlock Uber lab. Time to run more maps!

I also tweaked my build. Instead of Mon'Tregul's Grasp, I'm trying a Midnight Barbain. Zombies are squishier, DPS is less, no AoE explosion corpses, but I get 12 zombies now instead of 6, so I can handle larger groups. So far so good. I'm sure on harder maps I'll have to switch back to Grasp, but so far I like the larger army I have :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    If you disable them In the first and second room, they are not active in the third boss room.
    Well... fuck. I guess my Zerg the boss strat isn't always the best!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, the trials to unlock Uber labs are 100 times harder and longer than the normal ones...I very rarely die to mobs, but traps and such, ugh. All the freaking time. Drives me crazy.

I was working on a Storm Call Templar, and was having a terrible time leveling him. The build I was working on (completely custom), I was extremely squishy and my DPS was absolute garbage. Decided to call it quits and switch specs. Going for Righteous Fire now, completely redid my perk tree, and now I'm tanky as fuck (face tanked the end boss of Act 3, forget his name), and while I can't use RF quite yet, the skills I AM using are a blast to play with.

I plan on running a unique build on each of the classes. So far:

Blast Rain Ranger
    Previously Storm Call, now Righteous Fire Templar
    Bladefall totem Marauder
    Nerco Witch
    Spark Scion
    Possibly Cyclone Duelist and Ethereal Knifes Shadow, haven't decided yet, haven't rolled them yet either.

Marauder isn't high enough yet to use the gear or multiple totems, so I'm playing with spectral throw for clearing and Molten Strike for ST. He's tanky, but the DPS sucks.

Ranger DPS is absolutely ridiculous. At level 40, Burning Arrow's tooltip is almost 6k and Blast Rain is over 2k. None of my other classes have that kind of listed DPS. I'm sure the witch's zombies do that or more, easily, but I have no real way of knowing.

My witch is my highest at, I think 75ish, maybe 76. Next is Marauder at 45, Ranger and Templar at 40, and Scion at 14. My witch more or less has all the gear she needs, I could min/max the rings and shield a bit more, but otherwise I haven't had any issues. I have about half the gear my Marauder needs, and I'm still up in the air on Ranger gear. I was going to gear one certain way, but I found a Lightning Arrow/Blast Rain build that I really like. Templar and Scion, haven't even started gearing yet.

I'm mostly just spinning my wheels until FoO comes out. I'm hoping we can easily get to 100 by doing all the Acts, and not having to ceaselessly grind maps like we do now. I'm expecting a perk wipe before launch, as we have quite a few perk points that were given for doing N, C, and M quests that will no longer be there. I wonder if they'll get replaced? I wonder if our total perk points will go up or down, or stay the same? I certainly would like to see a raise in perk points and/or levels!
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-07-07 at 04:05 AM.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm mostly just spinning my wheels until FoO comes out. I'm hoping we can easily get to 100 by doing all the Acts, and not having to ceaselessly grind maps like we do now. I'm expecting a perk wipe before launch, as we have quite a few perk points that were given for doing N, C, and M quests that will no longer be there. I wonder if they'll get replaced? I wonder if our total perk points will go up or down, or stay the same? I certainly would like to see a raise in perk points and/or levels!
    Same here - i have a Shadow which i plan to play with VS and a two hander. With the DoT changes and less default scaling i think i can focus on the initial hit to be as big as possible and have the dot as a bonus, making a 2hand weapon more favorable. Otherwise i'll swap to daggers since the only actual change will be in the weapon specific node. Still wondering if to go Life, ES or try an hybrid setup due to the changes with Vaal Pact and the Hybrid armors. Probably going for the latter as i would have taken the hybrid life/es nodes anyway.

As for perks, i assuem the total will stay the same (unsure about the bandit quests) but for the rest there will be new quests granting points to keep the total the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Have they said what's happening to cruel/merc quest rewards in 3.0? Are there side quests I need to do now for the rewards because they'll be removed?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

That new lightning skill looks freaking fun as hell.

But I'm a sucker for lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Have they said what's happening to cruel/merc quest rewards in 3.0? Are there side quests I need to do now for the rewards because they'll be removed?
    Some will get moved into later acts- others like the Bandit's combine 3 acts of buffs in one go while switching up. (Oak won't be 90% instapick for instance) but killing all Bandits will only reward you 2 skill points. For some reason. Last I checked anyways.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Did a cursory look around and could find any info; Has there been a release date announce yet?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Some will get moved into later acts- others like the Bandit's combine 3 acts of buffs in one go while switching up. (Oak won't be 90% instapick for instance) but killing all Bandits will only reward you 2 skill points. For some reason. Last I checked anyways.
    Thanks. I'm up to Act 3 in Merciless, so I've done all the bandits. Just not sure how much farther I can get before 3.0 since I haven't been able to play much lately.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

How long until the new big patch hit... havent played for Some time
    Last edited by Schalde; 2017-07-14 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    It's supposed to drop I think the beginning of August. The wiki says first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    No official word on when yet, we might get that next week though.

"Hey guys, I wanted to give you an update of where we are with the timing of some things. Act Nine/Ten and the Harbinger challenge league are going really well, so we're close to announcing a final release date for 3.0.0. That announcement will likely occur within the next week, probably with a new trailer."

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1922429

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just tried Atziri with my 6 Zombie STR witch. Failed so horribly. Granted I had no idea what I was walking into, but I died so many times I lost all of my portals. She's level 81 at the moment and I barely got Atziri down half way.

After doing a bit of digging, apparently the build I'm running isn't capable of doing any of the endgame bosses. Maybe Uber labs, but that's about it. That's really disappointing, considering I've spent close to 20ex getting the gear for this char. I can clear maps like nobody's business, I've cleared up to T10 so far and having a blast. But if Atziri is any indication, I'm hosed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I installing right now PoE and i need to ask.

And tips for beginner? I played alot D2 and TL2 mainly so i am expirienced in H&S games.
    Last edited by DesoPL; 2017-07-16 at 05:26 PM.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the game!

I wouldn't want to give away too much so you can learn things and experiment on your own, but there are just two simple bits of advice I'd suggest, regarding building your passive skill tree (which is the hardest thing to undo):
    1) You can pretty much never have too much life. As attractive as DPS nodes are, defenses are at least as important if not more so. Killing slowly is an easier problem to solve than being one-shot is.

2) If you plan to use multiple skills for damage, don't mix and match different damage types with no related keywords. For example, trying to make a build where you mix a physical melee attack and a ranged Fireball spell will likely not go well if you have to spend points both improving Physical damage and Fire damage/Spell damage separately. If however say you use a Fire melee skill and a Fireball spell, and you can simply focus on +Fire damage or +Elemental damage, it'll be more efficient. Honestly it might be easiest to just focus on a single skill for damage, but if you do want to use multiple damage skills, you should still specialize in one skill, and pair it with others that can benefit from the same passives.

That's pretty much all I'll say; there are TONS of possible builds and I'll leave it to you to decide what works for you, but the above tips should help a lot in making a tree that doesn't waste too many points. That said, like Diablo 2, you likely will play through the game multiple times on multiple characters; if a character ever feels unsalvageable, don't be discouraged from making a new character to try something else and/or build upon what you've learned.

Enjoy your stay in Wraeclast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about the new helmet. One thing you could look into is switching to focusing on Summon Raging Spirits with the helm. It might not be that huge of a respec considering you still want to stack strength with them.
    Ugh, but I HATE SRS...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Ugh, but I HATE SRS...
    That's why I gave up my summoner.

I was able to do everything easily up to a point, but in high tier maps my zombies and spectres would just get one shot by bosses and other strong enemies and everywhere I turned for advice on making them more survivable, everyone just said "switch to SRS..." I hate that spell and just wanted to be a traditional summoner, but its just not viable in late game stuff, minions just don't have the AI to avoid stuff or the tankyness to survive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That's why I gave up my summoner.

I was able to do everything easily up to a point, but in high tier maps my zombies and spectres would just get one shot by bosses and other strong enemies and everywhere I turned for advice on making them more survivable, everyone just said "switch to SRS..." I hate that spell and just wanted to be a traditional summoner, but its just not viable in late game stuff, minions just don't have the AI to avoid stuff or the tankyness to survive it.
    Right. My Zombies are pushing 30,000 HP, have life leech, and several bosses just absolutely rape them. I haven't tried using Necromantic Aegis to give them some more durability, mostly because I have a lot of shit on that shield that I actually need. Nor am I really spec'd in that direction. And yeah, the AI...fml what were they THINKING with that shit? You practically have to stand in melee range to make them stick to a target. You move too far away, and they just peel off and follow you. Yeah, that's really fucking useful.

I wouldn't mind doing a full respec for a different build so much if I hadn't spent so much on getting the gear for Summoner. I spent all the ex I had, and had to convert most of my chaos into ex to get the rest. Mostly because I wanted perfectly rolled gear for the uniques. That gear is almost completely worthless outside of a summoner build. The legacy perfect roll Astramentis could be used by just about any class I guess, but the rest of the uniques are summoner specific.

I guess I'll just stick to clearing maps, and kill the endgame bosses on another char that can actually handle it. Hopefully I have at least ONE spec that can take down Shaper.

Yo, I've played Path of Exile in the past but kind of stopped cause the talent tree gets kind of intimidating and can steer me away from playing the game. I like the game but often times i'm confused as to what direction I should go in.
    I have two characters at higher levels, both are witches, one's more fire ranged based and the other one is a frost/necromancer caster. The frost/necromancer caster I created and followed a premade talent tree for awhile to see if it was easier. But it was also kind of boring to follow the tree? Like, I get the point of the talent tree is that you can customize your character however you want but it's hard to stay on a linear path (like, sticking with ranged fire talents if you wanna be a fire casting witch) when there's so many other options.
    Suggestions? Cause I really want to be into it enough to play it consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just haven't played long enough. I too used to think the tree was intimidating, but once you get an idea for what you want to do, it's easy to figure out. Just figure out where you start, and just start following the path out and look for perks that suit your needs. Using totems? There are plenty of totem talents to find. Want to go major HP? Lots of those too. Many of the little circle areas have pictures that indicate what their talents have to do with. Shields for shield talents, three bars for totems, flames for fire talents, etc.

Just pick a skill gem you like (or if you do two or more, at least make sure they coordinate - don't go fire + frost skills, for example), and then check the tree from there. You can even plan your tree out in advance on sites like poeplanner.com (I find this site to function much better than the official website's version), and then just follow it ingame.

Some classes have better access to certain perks for certain builds better than others, but in general you can be and do whatever you feel like doing. The key is just finding the skills you want to use, and go from there - the gear will fall into place behind it. Unless you plan on min-max'ing, you can easily find gear that supports the build you're looking for either from drops, or from trading, using something like poe.trade.

Getting an idea from the thousands of builds posted on the net will help too, but keep in mind that what works for some people won't work for others. I have gotten ideas for builds online, but I have modified them to work for my playstyle. Some of them are made to clear maps in mere minutes or less, zooming around and just killing everything instantly. That's just too hectic for me. I'm more slow and methodical. Maybe you like the speedy gameplay, maybe you don't.

Just get familiar with the skill tree. Highly recommended to do so online somewhere rather than experimenting ingame, because doing a full respec will cost you.

I was a Silver supporter when the game first came out. I tried it for a bit, but between the difficulty of figuring out the skill gems and the intimidating perk tree, I gave up. I came back about 2 months ago and did a crash course on figuring things out. Both of my chars had full respecs done because of previous patches, so I got a fresh start. I've since started one of each class, I have specific builds in mind for them, and I have been slowly gathering gear and planning out perk trees for them all. Once you figure the basics out you'll really start to enjoy the game - it's so much more open than, say, Diablo. You aren't pigeonholed into one spec or another just because you picked a witch. Want to be a bow wielding witch? Do it. Marauder using wands? Go for it. You are only really limited by your imagination, and the fact that like I said if you try to over diversify, things won't go your way. Pick a skill, or a few skills that synergize, and roll with it.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-07-17 at 07:33 AM.