Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't really see any reasonable way to deport an illegal immigrant who arrived as a child. The production manager for the factory I used to work at years ago was brought over when he was six, and America is all he knew. Perfectly Americanized Hispanic. Knew Spanish, but his whole life was here in the states. So, to pick him up and drop him off in Mexico would be like picking me up and dropping me off in Britian - a preposterous thought.

It could be different if they had family in Mexico, but there's not always going to be a way for the government to suss that out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I don't really see any reasonable way to deport an illegal immigrant who arrived as a child. The production manager for the factory I used to work at years ago was brought over when he was six, and America is all he knew. Perfectly Americanized Hispanic. Knew Spanish, but his whole life was here in the states. So, to pick him up and drop him off in Mexico would be like picking me up and dropping me off in Britian - a preposterous thought.

It could be different if they had family in Mexico, but there's not always going to be a way for the government to suss that out.
    That is too bad that his parents were criminals that broke the laws of the U.S.

But there is a "reasonable way to deport an illegal immigrant who arrived as a child" - put him on a bus and drop him off in his home country. If he is resourceful he will find a way to survive. If not, let his OWN country take care of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post

But there is a "reasonable way to deport an illegal immigrant who arrived as a child" - put him on a bus and drop him off in his home country. If he is resourceful he will find a way to survive. If not, let his OWN country take care of him.
    What makes that country his own other than he may have been born there? He likely doesn't know their culture. He's as American as you or I am other than his place of birth. He pays his bills and he pays taxes just like everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    What makes that country his own other than he may have been born there? He likely doesn't know their culture. He's as American as you or I am other than his place of birth. He pays his bills and he pays taxes just like everyone else.
    He is not a legal citizen of the U.S. - period. Too bad his parents were criminals.

No "comprehensive immigration reform" - all that mean is a pathway to citizenship That is a slap in the face to all of those who came here legally and became American citizens.

If you were to make a list of all the things conservatives supposedly want "good" immigrants to be, dreamers meet those demands better than any other group. They're exactly the type of "foreigner" you want living in the country.

Deportation resources should be spent elsewhere. Dreamers should get to remain in the country and be allowed to take steps to become citizens.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2017-07-16 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If you were to make a list of all the things conservatives supposedly want "good" immigrants to be, dreamers meet those demands better than any other group. They're exactly the type of "foreigner" you want living in the country.
    DREAMers are illegal. Period. Send them back to their countries of origin and tell them to get in line like everyone else.

And if they don't like it tell them to be pissed off at their parents for being criminals - and in turn tell them to be pissed off at their countries of origin for being so horrible that it encouraged their parents to become criminals.

BTW - I am neither Republican nor conservative, so I couldn't give a flying fuck what they think.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-07-16 at 05:12 PM.

DREAmers are illegal. Period. Send them back to their countries of origin and tell them to get in line like everyone else.

And if they don't like it tell them to pissed off at their parents for being criminals.
    I disagree. They should get to remain. It's better for the country and the communities they live in. They are exactly the type of immigrants we want in the country even though they really aren't immigrants.

He is not a legal citizen of the U.S. - period. Too bad his parents were criminals.

No "comprehensive immigration reform" - all that mean is a pathway to citizenship That is a slap in the face to all of those who came here legally and became American citizens.
    Ah, that good old meaningless "it's not fair" argument.

Deleted
    I disagree. They should get to remain. It's better for the country and the communities they live in. They are exactly the type of immigrants we want in the country even though they really aren't immigrants.
    You know what type of LEGAL immigrant I want in this country? An educated one that speaks English and has something to contribute to the economy BEFORE they are allowed to immigrate and become a citizen.

Example: My neighbor is a Venezuelan woman (you know, one of those "brown" people that I am supposedly racist against) that is a professor at one of the best universities in the country. She received her education in Venezuela and then came to the U.S. to teach. She has now gone through the entire process and is a U.S. citizen. My GF and I had dinner with her last night (backyard BBQ). Would you believe that she feels exactly the same way as I do? Most legal immigrants do as well.

We have an immigration system in place and it works just fine. The people that want "comprehensive immigration reform" are the ones that want to circumvent it.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-07-16 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DREAMers are illegal. Period. Send them back to their countries of origin and tell them to get in line like everyone else.
    Immigration to the US isn't a 'line'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I understand you want immigrants to come here legally. Deportation is obviously an important tool that we shouldn't get rid of. But, we also shouldn't use it in all cases no matter what. It doesn't make sense to deport dreamers. It hurts the country instead of helping.

It would be better for the country to let them stay and take steps to becoming legit citizens.

You know what type of LEGAL immigrant I want in this country? An educated one that speaks English and has something to contribute to the economy BEFORE they are allowed to immigrate and become a citizen.

Example: My neighbor is a Venezuelan woman (you know, one of those "brown" people that I am supposedly racist against) that is a professor at one of the best universities in the country. She received her education in Venezuela and then came to the U.S. to teach. She has now gone through the entire process and is a U.S. citizen. My GF and I had dinner with her last night (backyard BBQ). Would you believe that she feels exactly the same way as I do? Most legal immigrants do as well.

We have an immigration system in place and it works just fine. The people that want "comprehensive immigration reform" are the ones that want to circumvent it.
    I have a Venezuelan neighbor that agrees with me which I have no proof exists so I can't be racist.

You keep being you, Rannypoo.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-07-16 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    I understand you want immigrants to come here legally. Deportation is obviously an important tool that we shouldn't get rid of. But, we also shouldn't use it in all cases no matter what. It doesn't make sense to deport dreamers. It hurts the country instead of helping.

It would be better for the country to let them stay and take steps to becoming legit citizens.
    I disagree, but I respect your opinion (especially since you used no hyberbole or hysterics in presenting your opinion.)

The only way you can accomplish that is through legislation, as Kelley pointed out to Gutiérrez. Write the bills and try to get them passed.

I mean, I feel you. I don't understand why every other country on Earth enforces their borders the way we do and nobody bats an eye, because why should they, but when the US does it it's the most evil racist thing the world has ever seen.

In the case of little kids brought over, I just can't see it. Some of these people didn't even know they were illegal until they were in their 20's or 30's and have a career and a family! I mean, that's just all kinds of messed up to tell a guy like that "Sorry, kick rocks."

I disagree, but I respect your opinion (especially since you used no hyberbole or hysterics in presenting your opinion.)
    You do realize the irony in this statement when not only is the entire anti-immigration argument rooted in hyperbole and hysterics, you yourself have had to rely on those hyperbolic and hysterical roots to make some of your own arguments here?

10+ Year Old Account

But why?

If he's grown up here all his life, didn't come here on his own accord and, in many cases, might not even know he's illegal, what is the point of sending him to Mexico? What do we gain from that?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    You do realize the irony in this statement when not only is the entire anti-immigration argument rooted in hyperbole and hysterics, you yourself have had to rely on those hyperbolic and hysterical roots to make some of your own arguments here?
    Where did I ever say I was anti-immigrant? I am not anti-immigrant at all. Anyone who wants to legally immigrate to the USA and that speaks English and has something to contribute to the economy BEFORE they are allowed to immigrate is welcomed.

Oh, I get it. You are one of those people that conflate being against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION as being against immigration. You are one of those people that makes no distinction and then somehow thinks your opinion is correct.

10+ Year Old Account

So we can't make it better because people in the past had to do things the hard way?

No more flying to California, it's a slap in the face to all those who rode across the US in covered wagons, half of whom died in the process.

Do you, by chance, post in the WoW forums about how releasing "epic raid gear" to LFR is a "slap in the face" to the raiders who earned that gear a month earlier?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    But why?

If he's grown up here all his life, didn't come here on his own accord and, in many cases, might not even know he's illegal, what is the point of sending him to Mexico? What do we gain from that?
    Well, if he is Mexican than he is a Mexican citizen - not a legal citizen of the US. He needs to go back to his country and then, if he wants to immigrate to the USA, go through the proper legal process that is available.

Other than that - colleges have admission limits. Every time an illegal immigrant is allowed to attend college that means one spot was STOLEN from a legal U.S. citizen. That is just ONE example.

Where did I ever say I was anti-immigrant?
    "Anti-immigrant" is the word the left uses for "Anti-illegal immigrant". They conflate the two to make immigration enforcement proponents look like xenophobes.