Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm defintely into the idea of turning frost and fire into a single elementalist spec, first of all, why would you only use one of the two elements in combat when you have access to both, could even implement a shatter mechanic where freezing an enemy and then blowing them up deals additional damage.

More importantly however, if Blizzard were to do so it would allow them to be much more creative, there could be an illusionist spec, like the mesmer in guild wars 2, a battlemage, chronomancer, conjurer, maybe even a spellbreaker or witch hunter.
    It is one thing I kinda miss about the old days...being able to mix a few fire spells in with my forst. I never liked frost bomb much so I'd take living bomb and the occasional scorch while on the move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    If they ad a melee dps spec for mages as someone mentioned it should be a bit of a hybrid that moves in and out of melee range. Maybe use illusion to swap places.

Oh I mentioned WoW mage themes that are open for more use like: Battlemage, Draconic, Timemaster.
    Another one is illusionist which would most likely be a summoner. Mages make physical illusions, Shadow Priests makes illusions of the Mind (and void apperation)
    Sounds a lot like Guild Wars' Mesmer

Deleted
    Isn't this a contradiction?
    You say based on WoW setting and lore mages can't become Battlemages with the argument those are racial special classes?
    But I've never seen a mage heal in WoW at all. Arn't you now putting outside WoW depictions of mages into your argument?
    Also Scarlet Crusade also had Battlemages.

Because of this condradiction I'm translating what your saying intoo screw those arguments my depiction of mages is this which is based on multiple magelike depictions in fantasy stories and games. This also matters.
    I'm not getting the translation. I'm speaking strictly on the more famous versions of the "Battlemage" as per pop culture in WoW.
    Before Suramar, we didn't have this much direct explosure to what a Spellblade is. As @Trumpcat said, the Kirin Tor Battlemages are a thing, and so is Esara Verrinde, but it's in Suramar that we get more depth on the matter.

It's easy to find in multiple npcs that use both melee and magic, but it's another to give a coherent reason to merge this concept in a class.
    And to me, the introduction of a new race could do the trick as much as introducing Pandarens gave us Monks.

About the time Mage being a healer, Chromie does so to an extent, although her powers come from her being a dragon more than her being a Mage.

Deleted
    If they ad a melee dps spec for mages as someone mentioned it should be a bit of a hybrid that moves in and out of melee range. Maybe use illusion to swap places.
    so something like the Red Mage from Final Fantasy? especially the FF14 variant

www .youtube .com/watch?v=fSdfPXFGuw0&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

( goddamn minimum postcounter D: )

Ive been wanting archon tank form to wow since i saw the spell in d3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It is one thing I kinda miss about the old days...being able to mix a few fire spells in with my forst. I never liked frost bomb much so I'd take living bomb and the occasional scorch while on the move.
    I agree but it's too late to change that now I'm afraid. It's something what if we did WoW 2

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Sounds a lot like Guild Wars' Mesmer
    looking at youtube seems more a way to make an illusionist semi battlemage where you can swap in and out between illusions as well.
    edit: just loked at some more seems mesmer can be both ranged and melee build. So it sort of is a battlemage?

Maybe im also using the wrong word. What i would like to see is spec that actually does a lot of summoning of creatures. Still feels like this hasnt trully been tapped in despite their being demonology spec. So it's more Sumoner of mythical creatures what i'm looking for which could be through illusions i guess.

I think theirs this scare for Diablo 2 necromancer gameplay of mass skeletons :P

Quote Originally Posted by Loruga View Post
    so something like the Red Mage from Final Fantasy? especially the FF14 variant

www .youtube .com/watch?v=fSdfPXFGuw0&feature=youtu.be&t=24s

( goddamn minimum postcounter D: )
    Certainly one way of doing it. This gameplaystyle hasn't really been tapped into in Games I believe so theirs more ways than one. You could even make it a semi resource that promotes switching between ranged and melee. One example i also mentioned in this post is through illusions where you swap places.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2017-07-17 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree but it's too late to change that now I'm afraid. It's something what if we did WoW 2

looking at youtube seems more a way to make an illusionist semi battlemage where you can swap in and out between illusions as well.
    edit: just loked at some more seems mesmer can be both ranged and melee build. So it sort of is a battlemage?

Maybe im also using the wrong word. What i would like to see is spec that actually does a lot of summoning of creatures. Still feels like this hasnt trully been tapped in despite their being demonology spec. So it's more Sumoner of mythical creatures what i'm looking for which could be through illusions i guess.

I think theirs this scare for Diablo 2 necromancer gameplay of mass skeletons :P

Certainly one way of doing it. This gameplaystyle hasn't really been tapped into in Games I believe so theirs more ways than one. You could even make it a semi resource that promotes switching between ranged and melee. One example i also mentioned in this post is through illusions where you swap places.
    Well yeah...Mesmer can be ranged too...just Mesmer...or at least certain builds use a lot of illusions.

I see what you're saying...why I still played Demo even though I kinda dislike the mechanics.

The Guild Wars Necromancer was good for that too...could have all kinds of creatures if you build it a certain way.

But back on topic...I don't know...I could enjoy a melee version of a Demo (But god no demonic empowerment mechanic)