Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    95% of the people happy with this are blue haired, pierced faced, crazed woman-supremacists who are more happy at the "male outcry" than the actual casting.
    what the fuck is wrong with girls with blue hair and piercings?

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Funny thing is, there will be a lot of people who aren't happy about this because she is a WHITE woman. Read quite a few comments so far around the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay on topic please and forego the personal attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Doctor is The Doctor. As long as they can present that sort of serious-goofy-damaged-insane-but-lovable persona I don't care if they're young, old, male or female, but really I'm glad they're doing a female Doctor in large part because I was getting really tired of some of the writing for the female companions. I have heard that was largely Moffat's doing so now that he's gone, maybe that will go away. I'm a little bummed that we're not going to have Bill as a companion and thus have a lesbian companion (hey if we're gonna go 0-60, why not go 0-100?) but I'm really hoping we can get a "skilled" companion again.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

why are there all these fake fans in this thread all of a sudden complaining when for the past 4 seasons of the show they apparently didnt care enough to say one thing about it but now that they can complain about sjw and "pc world gone mad" theyre all of a sudden huge doctor who fans?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why are there all these fake fans in this thread all of a sudden complaining when for the past 4 seasons of the show they apparently didnt care enough to say one thing about it but now that they can complain about sjw and "pc world gone mad" theyre all of a sudden huge doctor who fans?
    I've been complaining about extreme left wing views in Doctor Who (and the beeb in general) for years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Never saw her in anything (and not sure if I want to now!) so I have no idea what to expect of her.
    I have only seen her in a handful of things but she is great on Broadchurch and was in Attack the Block and a really good episode of Black Mirror.

Pretty interested to see how this goes but probably more excited for the new show runner. Having some new blood in the pilots seat so to speak could shake things up and make things fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never saw her in anything (and not sure if I want to now!) so I have no idea what to expect of her.
    She's best known for Broadchurch, but I'm lucky enough to have seen some of her stage work.

What you mention of Capaldi here is actually IMO more key than you think! I believe the problem with Capaldi wasn't the casting of him as being an older Doctor - but, again, writing him for the first season to be a complete insensitive jackass is where they dropped the ball on him! He wasn't just physically different than the Doctor - he was MENTALLY different than the Doctor! He wasn't fun at all in his first season. Wasn't witty or fun or sensetive. Shit, he even HATED hugging in Season 1! THAT is where he went off the rails... While they definitely fixed him in his second and third seasons... by that time the damage was sadly already done.
    Interestingly, I thought his biggest problem was the chemistry between him and Jenna Coleman... Or complete lack of it. They were never a believable duo, something that was exasperated by the fact Coleman can't really act and the writing throughout season 9 didn't help her, either.

Season's 8, 9 and 10 were, I suppose, the best examples of something that was critically successful, but not commercially.

Deleted
    As long as it stays to being Dr Who and doesnt change to some weak ass girl teen programme like one tree hill or desperate housewives im fine with the Dr being female. It makes no difference to me as long as it doesnt change the basis for the whole programme I just wont watch it if it becomes as absurd as most female teen programmes. I dont care whos sleeping with who nor do I care which make up you wear.

For every complaint I've read about the Doctor being female I've seen at least a hundred mocking so-called "man babies" for complaining about the Doctor being female.

I think some people are just excited about mocking haters that don't exist in any significant number. Saw something similar with the Wonder Woman movie release.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still not a ginger.

P.S. I wonder if sonic screwdriver has 3 settings now.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Mocking man babies is fun though.

I've been complaining about extreme left wing views in Doctor Who (and the beeb in general) for years now.
    Whilst I don't have an issue with a female Doctor, I certainly do have an issue with the way the BBC has clumsily shoehorned its political correctness and 'diversity' into its output, including Doctor Who. Some might argue a female Doctor is evidence of that. They might be right, but it's certainly not the worst example.

what "extreme left wing views" that lesbian lizards are cool? lol

and the majority of people jumping in with this announcement ive never seen in this thread until today. im sure its just a coincidence

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    For every complaint I've read about the Doctor being female I've seen at least a hundred mocking so-called "man babies" for complaining about the Doctor being female.

I think some people are just excited about mocking haters that don't exist in any significant number. Saw something similar with the Wonder Woman movie release.
    clearly you havent clicked on the reveal tweet

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with the change, I would have preferred she was older though. Like most of my favorite doctors she looks too young. I have never been a fan of the younger looking Doctors.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have no issue with the change, I would have preferred she was older though. Like most of my favorite doctors she looks too young. I have never been a fan of the younger looking Doctors.
    shes 35, how much older do you want her to be?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you don't care then you're not in the "people who are happy with this" camp
    i'm rather neutral on it but don't see it as a bad thing.

As someone who is not a fan of the show and not interested in the show, I find it funny that people are freaking out about this like they didn't expect it or find it to be shocking. Anyone with a brain in their head knew this would come sooner or later. But I wonder how viewership and female Doctor Who merchandise sales will go. I wonder if it will be a repeat of Rey from Star Wars. People say they want a Female version of a character, but when the gender flip actually happens, most people don't actually end up watching it. Or buying the merchandise.

This will be interesting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you've been in the marvel threads fake fans always come out when they think some thing is pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    shes 35, how much older do you want her to be?
    As someone who agrees with "preferred older" I think someone along the lines of Michelle Gomez's age.

But I also know that the series likes to alternate between "young doctor" and "old doctor". Given that I am 31, I don't find 35 "old" in any sense.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.