Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We invented the sport though. Without us, there would be no such thing as Football in it's current state.
    So yeah. Suck it.

It would still exist, it would simply be slightly different. And isn't it even worse to invent something and not be good at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

Must be a troll comment.
    Willing to take an infraction for it.
    Thanks for taking that one otherwise it would have been me.

Everyone slates English players including the English.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Again, so sad. The hate for Portugal and portuguese in this thread (an the last one) is enormous... you don't see us saying England or english players suck, and yet you guys...
    Woosh!

Seriously though, England have always had good young players. It's just that they never get a good run in the 1st team. Go out on loan to a Championship team or whatever then their development goes down the fucking tubes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thanks for taking that one otherwise it would have been me.

Everyone slates English players especially the English.
    Fixed that for you. There have been some great individuals, but no one actually cares about the England team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Woosh!

Seriously though, England have always had good young players. It's just that they never get a good run in the 1st team. Go out on loan to a Championship team or whatever then their development goes down the fucking tubes.
    That or they take up a cushy benchwarmer job at big clubs so they neither have to play or perform, and just get paid to make up quotas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

they take up a cushy benchwarmer job at big clubs so they neither have to play or perform, and just get paid to make up quotas.
    That is happening right now in Spain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    That is happening right now in Spain.
    Yup. Seeing Ceballos go to Real Madrid had me completely confused. Their midfield is already dominated in such a way that Isco doesn't even start every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder: If you see a post you feel is bad, use the report function and leave the rest to the moderators.

Don't drag the thread off topic in an attempt to adress bad posts cause that's not going to help anyone, more the reverse in fact.

Report and move on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sky Sports reporting Mourinho wants to give Zlatan another contract as last season didn't end well for Zlatan. I don't know how much I believe of it tbh, usually Sky Sports are semi reliable though (or am I majorly wrong here?).

Edit: Seems Zlatan rejected a deal with LA Galaxy.

Also Romero signs a new contract with United. I like the guy so I'm glad.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-07-17 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Also Romero signs a new contract with United. I like the guy so I'm glad.
    As long as his game time sticks to the EFL and FA cup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Just a reminder: If you see a post you feel is bad, use the report function and leave the rest to the moderators.

Don't drag the thread off topic in an attempt to adress bad posts cause that's not going to help anyone, more the reverse in fact.

Report and move on.
    There was nothing bad about his post though, it was just banter.

I sometimes wonder how sterile the other sports threads must be if those last few posts are considered off topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There was nothing bad about his post though, it was just banter.

I sometimes wonder how sterile the other sports threads must be if those last few posts are considered off topic.
    Apparently the Portuguese under 19's team aren't a bunch of nobodies. I'm surprised nobody got upset at me calling it kids' football.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not discuss it here, if you have questions or comments feel free to PM me, a sports mod or xskarma.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    As long as his game time sticks to the EFL and FA cup.
    If De Gea goes, which seems unlikely but you never know, I wouldn't mind seeing Romero being #1 and played in the PL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I would love to see him in the premier league, watching Sneijder play almost every weekend would make my life better. He is one of my favourites of all time and one of the first football players I started to follow. Would benefit the national team aswell.
    Sneijder has also been linked with the MLS, and Ajax. Right now, there seem to be more rumours than anything substantial. He is pretty close with Mourinho so I guess ManU is a real option. To be honest I'd love to see him come back to Ajax but I think it is still too early. Both Huntelaar and Sneijder in Ajax would be nice.

Deleted
    Heard the news on french outlets this morning and its getting picked up by the rest of the media.

Neymar to PSG for 200 million happening.
    Holy shit. I hate PSG so much it defies description.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Heard the news on french outlets this morning and its getting picked up by the rest of the media.

Neymar to PSG for 200 million happening.
    Holy shit. I hate PSG so much it defies description.
    I'll only believe it when it's on arsenal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Neymar wants to win the Ballon d'or.

So he goes to PSG.
    When was the last time a player from somewhere else than Spain won the fecking thing?

I'm sure the 30 million a year has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Neymar wants to win the Ballon d'or.

So he goes to PSG.
    When was the last time a player from somewhere else than Spain won the fecking thing?

Before Ronaldo and Messi were there.

Voycheck Cheznee confirmed to Juve. Didn't play for us for 2 yrs but I'm gonna miss him. He improved a lot at Roma.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

New contract for The Don.

Best manager in the league.

i hope this means Ospina is staying.. would be a disaster if Martinez was the 2nd keeper