Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado View Post
    Quite hilarious how people come with Mythic content as hard when it's pretty clear that there are a whole lot people clearing it few weeks after its release when back in the days took months.
    Jesus Christ. Really? This is not 10-12 years ago. There are not resistance gear farms that are required as a 'time gating' mechanic. Players are far more skilled now than 12 years ago. And one guild just cleared Mythic ToS after what, 3 weeks of it being out? How many hundreds of attempts did it take them? That isn't a "whole lot" of people clearing it. Give me a fucking break. When was the last time you actually played retail?

- - - Updated - - -

There is absolutely no thing but Mythic or highranked pvp in the game.
    Yup. Rated Battlegrounds, Arena, Normal Raids, Heroic Raids, LFR. Pet battles/pet battle dungeons. Achievement farming, Transmog gear farming, Mythic Dungeons and so on.

What did Vanilla have again? A long level grind to max level?

- - - Updated - - -

(yes, Wow isn't an mmo anymore, its more likely a facebook highgraphic game) and the classes are so simplified that any 10 years old can play them decently, Wotlk mechanics were awesome and now they are shit.
    Mmmhmmm a facebook game. Yup.

Classes are sooo simple. Go play a feral druid, surv hunter or some of the many other classes that have more than 'cast frostbolt' or 'cast shadowbolt' as rotations. LOL yeahhhh you know people in Vanilla were so bad at the game, a raid of 40 would be carrying around afkers, people that did little more than auto attack or people that had no fucking idea how to gear, how to play and were keyboard movers with no macros.

Are you REALLY trying to say the game is easier than 10-12 years ago? Fucking unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention all the secondary things that can make people go away from the game, like the new models (that they force you to play with).
    Hmm you are sounding AWFULLY familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah and by the way, if you are extremely bad at the game so you cannot clean content in normal mode, there is no problem, we offer you to play in a system called LFR, you just have to wait in the city so it pop up, then you clear with a bunch of bots with no coordination all the current content that our game offers!!
    You ever actually been in LFR? Hell in MoP LFR kicked the shit out of people and it was great. Even in Legion people can die on encounters and they do. There aren't just full of "bots" as you call them or afkers. If everyone was afking auto attacking the boss or standing around...guess what. They die. They don't win the fight and get free loot. Stop being so full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And one guild just cleared Mythic ToS after what, 3 weeks of it being out?
    Not to my knowledge. Which guild do you think did this?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Which guild do you think did this?
    Oh whoops you are right, I misread the front page. I thought it was downed finally but nope, still going. So yeah as @arucado said Mythic is SOO easy.

Deleted
    Oh whoops you are right, I misread the front page. I thought it was downed finally but nope, still going. So yeah as @arucado said Mythic is SOO easy.
    Mythic isnt easy. LFR is = game is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I know...I'm being sarcastic in response to arucado's post just a couple posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If you can kill the last boss of the game with almost no effort at all the game is way too easy. Designing progression around you upping the difficulty every now and then doesn't change that since no matter what level you play at you'll always have to start a new tier by doing a trivial difficulty for gear upgrades which means that within your first week or even first day you will have seen everything there is to see. This used to take months back in the day, even the Lich King with its four difficulties actually took a while to get to, but prior to that in Ulduar for example it took a heck of a long time to even get to yogg-saron even if you were raiding the easier 10 man version. Stepping into that room for the first time after weeks of progress really felt special, that feeling has been taken away from us forever primarily by how iLvls are being distributed but also because there are titanforging and no loot lockout across difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    If you can kill the last boss of the game with almost no effort at all the game is way too easy. Designing progression around you upping the difficulty every now and then doesn't change that since no matter what level you play at you'll always have to start a new tier by doing a trivial difficulty for gear upgrades which means that within your first week or even first day you will have seen everything there is to see. This used to take months back in the day, even the Lich King with its four difficulties actually took a while to get to, but prior to that in Ulduar for example it took a heck of a long time to even get to yogg-saron even if you were raiding the easier 10 man version. Stepping into that room for the first time after weeks of progress really felt special, that feeling has been taken away from us forever primarily by how iLvls are being distributed but also because there are titanforging and no loot lockout across difficulties.
    Who is us?

You don't speak for me when it comes to raiding.

Also considering there have been 400+ pulls on the bosses in Mythic tomb and other recent bosses I wouldn't call that easy.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-15 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    If you can kill the last boss of the game with almost no effort at all the game is way too easy.
    This sort of sentiment is pants-on-head ridiculous. You are saying the game is improperly designed unless it's designed in a way that guarantees commercial disaster, by shitting on the game experience of most of the customers who try to play it. How can what you are saying possibly make any sense?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

This sort of sentiment is pants-on-head ridiculous. You are saying the game is improperly designed unless it's designed in a way that guarantees commercial disaster, by shitting on the game experience of most of the customers who try to play it. How can what you are saying possibly make any sense?
    It is kind of sad if people think "Hey I cleared LFR, Game's done" but whatever works for them. Those people took the path of least resistance. I also understand that not everyone can commit to a full time raid schedule but people even clear normal/heroic through the use of raid finders now so there are more options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also considering there have been 400+ pulls on the bosses in Mythic tomb and other recent bosses I wouldn't call that easy.
    He's saying the game is too easy if there exists any difficulty mode on which it is easy, not if all difficulty modes are easy.

He's saying the game is too easy if there exists any difficulty mode on which it is easy, not if all difficulty modes are easy.
    What do they want then? One difficulty mode again? And if that mode happens to be too easy, then what? Whoops?

Even more silly then. If WoW didn't appeal to everyone with multiple difficulties other Modern MMOs would have either trounced all over it or took a good chunk of it's players.

MMOs need to adapt. Not remain at a standstill.

I once said HCs should stay hard. I still stick by that opinion but understand why they were changed in Cata specifically. And to be honest the Mythic + system solves that with Dungeons now anyway.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-15 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ. Really? This is not 10-12 years ago. There are not resistance gear farms that are required as a 'time gating' mechanic. Players are far more skilled now than 12 years ago. And one guild just cleared Mythic ToS after what, 3 weeks of it being out? How many hundreds of attempts did it take them? That isn't a "whole lot" of people clearing it. Give me a fucking break. When was the last time you actually played retail?

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Rated Battlegrounds, Arena, Normal Raids, Heroic Raids, LFR. Pet battles/pet battle dungeons. Achievement farming, Transmog gear farming, Mythic Dungeons and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmhmmm a facebook game. Yup.

Classes are sooo simple. Go play a feral druid, surv hunter or some of the many other classes that have more than 'cast frostbolt' or 'cast shadowbolt' as rotations. LOL yeahhhh you know people in Vanilla were so bad at the game, a raid of 40 would be carrying around afkers, people that did little more than auto attack or people that had no fucking idea how to gear, how to play and were keyboard movers with no macros.

Are you REALLY trying to say the game is easier than 10-12 years ago? Fucking unreal.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm you are sounding AWFULLY familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

You ever actually been in LFR? Hell in MoP LFR kicked the shit out of people and it was great. Even in Legion people can die on encounters and they do. There aren't just full of "bots" as you call them or afkers. If everyone was afking auto attacking the boss or standing around...guess what. They die. They don't win the fight and get free loot. Stop being so full of shit.
    And again, reading some of your answers make clear that you don't have idea of what i mean. And by the way, you are making a mistake, you are comparing everything with Vanilla and was not talking about vanilla, you just can compare the game with wotlk to see how shit it's become.

But nvm, you will still saying the same shit every blizz boy says, but that content you mentioned, like Normal dungeons, BGs, transmog farm, etc? It is just irrelevant and casual, and most of it its completely irrelevant in your game progress, and socialization has been completely lost, everything is so dull in the game now, it doesn't feel any longer an mmo like it was.

Like this:

Classes are sooo simple. Go play a feral druid, surv hunter or some of the many other classes that have more than 'cast frostbolt' or 'cast shadowbolt' as rotations. LOL yeahhhh you know people in Vanilla were so bad at the game, a raid of 40 would be carrying around afkers
    Wotlk classes were mechanically way more complex and hard to master of what it is now. Don't even try there.

LFR is so retarded that any random player can clear it without having to talk zero shit on the chat. And it completely kill the progress and makes irrelevant half of what u mentioned before.

Normal Raids, Heroic Raids, LFR. Pet battles/pet battle dungeons. Achievement farming, Transmog gear farming,
    Irrelevant progress. Trivial.

Sure vanilla was simply retarded but it had what the game doesn't have now, a completely progress mmo-game since you create your character untill you clear your last raid, forcing you to communicate and meet other people along all your trip, grindy? sure, but it made the game thousand times more enjoyable that the shitfest free-reward the game is now.

Hahahah, they even made PVP gear irrelevant, which in my opinion kills the whole purpose of the game, that was gearing your char up. Why would you want to jump full geared in two days for the shit pvp there is now? Rofl
    Last edited by mmocd8461507cf; 2017-07-16 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why do i not understand prestige?

All i know is that we must feel envy of someone else for having something we dont have. This is a basic concept of incentive. Self incentive.

And all i know is that in WoW i no longer feel this feeling, AND NO its not because i am older because i have this feeling in other games.
    The "I want to be that guy" kinda feeling.

Basic concept, missing in WoW (only on the top 1% Mythic raiding and that doesnt count, we need prestige at the lower levels also)

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you not understand the concept of pretige to all levels of play. Like ranks. Different ranks of prestige for different types of players.
    because at the end of the day someone is always last.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    because at the end of the day someone is always last.
    That's why i said even LFR should have a quest for prestige. A unique reward.
    That way only people who play LFR would have said gear or whatever epic reward is waiting for them BUT they would miss out on the rewards in Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

This way everyone is happy with one unique reward.

But a lot of people here in the thread don't understand and say LFR should have nothing.

That's why i said even LFR should have a quest for prestige
    That's like saying there should be a lottery where everyone wins.

If everyone can get an item, it ceases to have any prestige. And that means prestige cannot be the value proposition of playing an MMO for most of the people who play it (well, it can for a short time, then the prestige ponzi scheme collapses.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Who is we?
    People who have no eye for fashion and want to rip that eye off from everyone else too?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kind of sad if people think "Hey I cleared LFR, Game's done" but whatever works for them. Those people took the path of least resistance. I also understand that not everyone can commit to a full time raid schedule but people even clear normal/heroic through the use of raid finders now so there are more options out there.
    I don't raid anymore. Not interested in it and don't have the time even if I was.

So when I clear LFR for the first time I'm done with the raid but not done with the game.

It's mildly stupid that anyone would assume that someone that clears LFR is "done" with the game. Maybe not even mildly now that I think about it. It's a big game. It's much, much more than clearing the final boss of a raid. It's fine for players to think that clearing the last boss of some raid is the capstone for their game. I applaud and support that. I have nothing but contempt for the idea that it's the capstone of my game. That's not anyone else's call.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll say this one more time:

The game does not confer prestige on a player. People confer prestige on others by showing respect. There will never be anything about a reward from LFR or any other part of the game that will grant prestige to a player. Get it through your head.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-16 at 06:51 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't raid anymore. Not interested in it and don't have the time even if I was.

So when I clear LFR for the first time I'm done with the raid but not done with the game.

It's mildly stupid that anyone would assume that someone that clears LFR is "done" with the game. Maybe not even mildly now that I think about it. It's a big game. It's much, much more than clearing the final boss of a raid. It's fine for players to think that clearing the last boss of some raid is the capstone for their game. I applaud and support that. I have nothing but contempt for the idea that it's the capstone of my game. That's not anyone else's call.
    I agree it is kind of stupid that some people think the game is done when they clear a raid on LFR but that is the reality for some players.

- - - Updated - - -

Wotlk classes were mechanically way more complex and hard to master of what it is now. Don't even try there.
    Hahahaha, yeah okay. No.

- - - Updated - - -

But nvm, you will still saying the same shit every blizz boy says,
    Stop wasting my time with pointless insults.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Get it through your head.
    If anything in this 30 page thread and prior threads have shown...that will not be happening.

That way only people who play LFR would have said gear or whatever epic reward is waiting for them BUT they would miss out on the rewards in Normal, Heroic, Mythic.

This way everyone is happy with one unique reward.

But a lot of people here in the thread don't understand and say LFR should have nothing.
    this isn't leave no child behind. that shit didn't work in schools. it only gave false sense of accomplisment to children who failed to meet the minimum standard and certainly didn't prepare them for real life. same same pretend raiding. there are easier games. quit pushing this one in the direction of failure.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP