Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry People are FAT. I blame corporations

I passed by the beach this afternoon and obviously saw a lot of people.
    I was completely baffled by the amount of 'dad bellies' and oversized swimsuits.

Keep in mind I'm probably judging by French standard we were not even close to rampant morbid obesity like you see in Dubai or the US. But still, people are FAT.

Let's not make a long argumentation that most of gen ot won't read but still criticize. Here is an example for why I think people's character are only PARTIALLY at fault.

In Morocco (my 2nd country) a long time ago when anyone wanted to make traditional dishes or pastry they had to visit little farmers markets, fetch homegrown and organic ingredients with 0 additives and great nutritional value.

But then came Supermarkets which completely killed local economies (causing rural exodus which then resulted in emigration, but that's another story).

Those supermarkets chains were now competing against each other and had to find new ways to gain the upper hand.

So they dumped in fancy sounding additives like dextrose fructose and whatever (which are basically sugar) that were all highly addictive and sometimes unsafe.

Moroccans didn't necessarily eat more. But they were now getting all their ingredients from free market bs stores that completely replaced former suppliers and were operating in zones that had never encountered nutritional public issues and were caught completely off guard (that's happening pretty much everywhere in less developed countries exposed to the western diet).

People want to lose weight and I have no doubt most of them are genuinely trying, but we won't accomplish jack shit unless we recognize that the worldwide food market needs intensive overhaul and more regulation.
    Last edited by mmocab05265050; 2017-07-16 at 06:21 PM.

The shitposting going on on these forums is starting to get out of hand.

I'm blaming genes.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    When coca cola advertises its product like you have the time of your life while you are drinking it, people will subconsciously want to drink it,
    Stupid corporations, trying to brainwash other people lives! If we only could fight with it and look on the facts and not the medias... o wait.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-16 at 06:26 PM.

Of course corporations is the reason people get fat. When there is an advertisement about a burger and it shows it like it's something tasty, you are going to want to eat it.

When coca cola advertises its product like you have the time of your life while you are drinking it, people will subconsciously want to drink it, but it's just sugar with water.

This is a known fact, it's not the people, it's the environment and the domination of the media and the TV by the big companies, showing that this is how you are supposed to live like.

Yes, there should be more information about what is healthy and how nice it is to be healthy, but people have to take some initiative, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited when I saw the emoji in the title. I am sad now.

I'm sure the increasingly more sedentary lifestyle of the west plays a large role as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    People just need better self control

How exactly do people blame fat being in their genes? If that was the case, wouldn't we similar obesity rates across all different states/countries. Countries like Japan don't have this problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I was excited when I saw the emoji in the title. I am sad now.
    Made you look

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    Made you look
    You made me miss Tenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The shitposting going on on these forums is starting to get out of hand.
    It's Summer.

It'll calm down sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    People just need better self control
    I think it's a combination.

Deleted
    Of course corporations is the reason people get fat. When there is an advertisement about a burger and it shows it like it's something tasty, you are going to want to eat it.

When coca cola advertises its product like you have the time of your life while you are drinking it, people will subconsciously want to drink it, but it's just sugar with water.

This is a known fact, it's not the people, it's the environment and the domination of the media and the TV by the big companies, showing that this is how you are supposed to live like.

Yes, there should be more information about what is healthy and how nice it is to be healthy, but people have to take some initiative, too.
    No one is denying the role of personal responsibility

But it just doesn't work in the face of addiction, which is the number one objective of food distributors

When there is an advertisement about a burger and it shows it like it's something tasty, you are going to want to eat it.
    This is almost exactly backwards.

Your post made me fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Your post made me fat.
    The angry face reminded me of someone, and I got fat cancer from the thought.

Why'd you do this!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Isn't there some study out there that correlates the introduction of high fructose corn syrup into food making that has caused a dramatic increase in obesity? Or something like that?

But heck look at a typical McDonald's meal. Whats it high in? Coke (sugar), Burger (Fat), and Fries (starch). But why is this important? All three of these cause the body to release an enzyme that has an effect of making you feel good. Corporations know this so some will throw such items in over abundance in their products.

Guess what they've also figured how to make items high in these cheep due to mass production. Its why you come out cheaper getting crap McDonald's food then getting your salad fresh from the produce section at Kroger...

So is it the consumers fault or the corporations fault? Maybe both@!!

Deleted
    Multinational corporations ruin everything.

Is it the weapon's fault for hurting someone or is it the wielder that is to blame?