Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    I think 8.0 would be the perfect time to introduce "hardcore servers" don't you think? I'm not talking about hardcore mode like Diablo where when you die, your character gets deleted. Just special rule set like:

- Much slower leveling speed (no XP boost, no character boost)
    - Removal of LFR and Dungeon Queues
    - Removal of Crossrealm/virtualization technology
    - No server transfer
    etc.

Wow has been drifting more and more into a single player with MMO elements. They need to bring back the core essence of what an MMORPG is supposed to be.
    zero interest in paying 15 dollars a month for something that a latency issue or bug can potentially take away.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Why people think hardcore server means only longer leveling? Its not about only time sink. Its about how you can't aggro tons of mobs and still expect survive encounter. You can't do elite quests solo. You need group and you need people. That how back in Vanilla you found your first friends and rivals. That how you know who shit and who worth adding in friend list.

Strangely enough, you just explained why it would never work long-term.

The people who are bad players would leave REALLY quickly because they would not be able to handle the difficulty (and apparently there will be people like you, who find them not worth adding as friends as a result).

So in no time, all out have left on the realm is quality players, which sounds good, but what it really means is that YOU can be replaced by literally anyone on the realm at any given time. To paraphrase a popular quote, when everyone left is special, no one will be special. And people will flee that realm at a record pace rather than come to terms with it.

After a brief honeymoon period, a realm like that would be a virtual dust bowl.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-07-16 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice.

I wonder if they'll do something similar, considering the whole "Pristine" server idea.

I would definitely support it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Why people think hardcore server means only longer leveling? Its not about only time sink. Its about how you can't aggro tons of mobs and still expect survive encounter. You can't do elite quests solo. You need group and you need people.
    But again, that is in itself a time sink, finding people to do elite quests, having to pull one mob at at time. That is a timesink.

Also I see no longevity in this. Only a very small group of people want this, the other people that join and mess around won't stay on these servers after realizing how long it takes to do basic things.

Again this is nostalgia as evidenced by ...

That how back in Vanilla you found your first friends and rivals. That how you know who shit and who worth adding in friend list.
    - - - Updated - - -

Wow has been drifting more and more into a single player with MMO elements. They need to bring back the core essence of what an MMORPG is supposed to be.
    I love the single player raiding and single player dungeons, my favorite thing is the single player pvp.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-07-16 at 10:05 PM.

WoW has never really been ''hardcore''. It wasn't in vanilla, it isn't in Legion, and it hasn't been at any other period. If they start going hardcore now it'll only prove to be an annoyance towards the current playerbase, who either cannot handle or simply be bothered by the extra difficulties. I'd say look at the Cata heroics as example, which got a lot of shit for being a lot harder yet more tedious to complete. If they want to make a hardcore game they are better off trying it with a new game, but as of now WoW is and will never be hardcore with the exception of mythic difficulties. Which only a very small minority of the playerbase actually bothers to participate in.

I do agree however that the game could use less or even get rid of anti-social features like LFD/LFR and all the CRZ. These features only allow very easy shortcuts for people who only want to experience content asap without having to do much for it at all, which is exactly what a MMORPG should not be having.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    0.01% chance.

And I am probably being optimistic...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    How likely will 8.0 add "hardcore" servers?
    Lemme spell it out for you: Z - E - R - O !
    WoW was from the start NOT made for hardcores. If you want to play hardcore play dark souls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Didn't they say they were doing something like this? The compromise they came with with for no vanilla servers?
    No they didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Lemme spell it out for you: Z - E - R - O !
    WoW was from the start NOT made for hardcores. If you want to play hardcore play dark souls.

- - - Updated - - -

No they didnt.
    They did. I cant remember what they called it. They said something about this thing after those private vanilla server went down. Seems like noting is going to come of it

Hardcore in WoW seems very unlikely. What about progression raiding? Or pugging stuff? I imagine that IF it comes a thing it would probably have a super toxic community. Nobody wants to have a fuck up in their group or they are all dead ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Not at all likely.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    I like threads like these, they reminds me of all the request posts Blizzard got since the original inception of WoW where people wanted faster leveling, queueable dungeons(and even raids to an extend) and cross-realm options to play with people from different servers.

But yeah, not having any of that is totally hardcore man

But um, to answer; No. Not likely what-so-ever.

Deleted
    More wet dreams of ex-snowflakes.
    Keep dreaming.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They could make a real mmo that doesn't eat shit whenever 100 players congregate or they can continue with their sharding/cross-realm tech maintaining the illusion.

I'd say it's extremely likely. The need for non CRZ servers grow for each day that passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I'd say it's extremely likely. The need for non CRZ servers grow for each day that passes.
    You realise that tech along with sharding is how Legion launched smoothly yes? Sharding basically builds upon CRZ. It won't be going away for a long time. More than likely until WoW feels the need to implement a Megaserver.

Sharding and Megaserver tech when done right is the best tech to ease congestion and lag.

Also considering the negative reception to the whole hardcore/pristine thing I doubt it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-17 at 10:05 AM.