Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    is M Goroth a 4 or 5 heal fight when progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldic View Post
    5 healers is the norm. You will see a number of 4 heal logs but these are from guilds that this boss isn't intended for.

Why would people 5 heal goroth?

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Why would people 5 heal goroth?
    No dps check, just about survival. Seems obvious to me.

So why not six or seven heal it then? Five healers is overkill for a fight that doesn't require that many healing cds.

So why not six or seven heal it then? Five healers is overkill for a fight that doesn't require that many healing cds.
    Might hit enrage with seven.

Six healers is absolutely fine.

If you only use 4 healers, then the raid is either outgearing/outskilling this boss, or the healers are carrying the DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Might hit enrage with seven.
    There is no enrage AFAIK.

- - - Updated - - -

You can try both and see whatever works for you. However it's easily 4 healable and if you're wiping it's probably due to people not doing mechanics compared to lack of healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    easiest "first boss of the tier" fights I've ever seen..
    Kargeth

10cq

My guild has a 9 hour team. They killed Mythic Goroth and Mythic Harjatan before they killed Heroic KJ.

Attendance boss is harder than both of them

Deleted
    Yes, both are cucks though.

They both have retard checks and the healing requirement on Goroth is higher, but overall the mechanics to deal with are simple enough. On KJ there's more individual responsibility, which is what defines a hard boss :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say Harjatan is way easier than KJ, Goroth is like the same, different, KJ more mechanics and longer fight, Goroth 1 phase, deal with 2 mechanics. On both fights failling any of the mechanics lead into a wipe.

Deleted
    4 Heal it. With 5 you're going to be overhealing a ton. Goroth is predictable damage spikes (pillars exploding mainly) and dots from comets, no need for 5 healers.

So what do guild struggle with on KJ hc? The fight felt way easier than Guldan hc to me, actually a bit disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    4 Heal it. With 5 you're going to be overhealing a ton. Goroth is predictable damage spikes (pillars exploding mainly) and dots from comets, no need for 5 healers.
    Pillars exploding does fuckall damage. What will kill people is the dot from comets and the meteor if it only goes through 1-2 pillars.

That said, there's no reason to not bring 5 healers if your healers are a bit on the weaker side, or you just want to be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    So what do guild struggle with on KJ hc? The fight felt way easier than Guldan hc to me, actually a bit disappointing.
    From what I've seen, it's mostly the soaking that wipes people, because everyone always assumes someone else will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    There's no reason not to bring 5 healers either. It's all about if you have average gear and minimising risk -> maximises kill. That's not to say you can't kill it with 4 or even 3 or even 2. Overhealing is a proxy of safety. Also add the fact that survivability is not always only a healing issue, you can have a ton of overhealing and people can still be dying.

We 6 healed our week 1 Goroth Mythic kill, 4 healed Harjatan. Still havent killed heroic KJ yet. Goroth was way easier with 6 healers. No dps check at all but the raid damage is considerable, so 6 made it much easier. We have 5 healed it for the repeat kills though.

5 heal seems fine for Goroth. It gives you more CDs to layer over each Shattering Star, which is probably the highest risk of death with the DOT. Also healers are more spread around to room to heal debuffed targets and it doesn't screw you too hard if one dies.

The DPS check on this is extremely light and it's a survivability fight, so 14 DPS is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    If your group is lacking gear / DPS the fight is hard, especially P2. If you're able to push KJ to 40% before the 2nd tank add comes out, the fight is a lot easier. Otherwise soon afterwards a huge chain of abilities overlap and make the transition to the 2nd intermission very messy.

My guild avg ilvl is ~918 and we've spent two nights on him so far (we only raid 1 night a week). Best attempt is 14%. Only seen P3 a few times so that's expected. Should get a kill next week.