Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Canadian girls are being taken abroad to undergo female genital mutilation

Thousands of Canadian girls are at risk of female genital mutilation, government officials believe. And some are being taken overseas to have the dangerous procedure done — an illegal act known as “vacation cutting.”

Officials from the federal government’s Global Affairs Ministry warn that, as with forced marriage, the “one chance rule” applies to these cases, meaning a professional might get only one opportunity to speak to a potential victim and save her, according to documents obtained by the Star.

And yet Canada has done little to understand the scope of the problem and is lagging far behind other developed countries in efforts to prevent it, experts say.

“Based on the limited information available, it is possible that a few thousand Canadian girls are at risk, some of whom will be taken overseas for the procedure,” wrote Elaine Cukeric of the federal government’s Vulnerable Children’s Unit in a June 2015 email to a Canadian consular official in Nairobi, Kenya. At the time, the unit — tasked with dealing with issues related to Canadian children abroad — was reaching out to consulates in Africa, the Middle East, India and Pakistan where cutting is prevalent and asking for their experience dealing with the practice so that “we might develop an effective strategy.”

In a statement to the Star, a Global Affairs spokesperson said the federal government “recognizes that female genital mutilation/cutting is one of the most severe violations of the human rights of women and girls” and when made aware of a case they provide “appropriate consular services.” The spokesperson could not say how many cases her ministry has dealt with in recent years because they “do not have a specific category to track cases of (FGM)” and, further, are “not aware of any updated statistics on the issue of Canadian girls at risk.”

Female genital mutilation (FGM) — also known as female genital cutting or female circumcision — is a procedure that intentionally alters or causes injury to external female organs. It can be inflicted on girls as young as 1 and varies in severity from partial removal of the clitoris, to excising the clitoris and labia and stitching up the walls of the vulva to leave only a tiny opening — known as infibulation.

FGM has no health benefits for girls and women. It can cause severe bleeding, problems with urination and later cysts, infections, as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths, according to the World Health Organization. It can also deny women sexual pleasure. FGM affects more than 200 million women worldwide, according to UNICEF. It is a crime in Canada, as is sending a child elsewhere to have the procedure done.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/fgm/201...ts-reveal.html

why go overseas when you can just get your penis mutilated here....oh wait you are talking about female mutilation.....well that is bad...really bad.....can't do it.....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what our former PM deemed as 'barbaric cultural practices'. Trudeau on the other hand is letting these kinds of people in, including doctors who commit FGM. It is not against our laws what people do outside of Canada, and all we can do is prevent it from happening within Canada, even if it means stripping medical professionals of their right to practice medicine and putting them in jail for a few years. It's absolutely disgusting that people would do such shit, but the people who do it are the kinds of people Trudeau is bringing into this country so willingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    why go overseas when you can just get your penis mutilated here....oh wait you are talking about female mutilation.....well that is bad...really bad.....can't do it.....
    Circumcision isn't even in the same god damn boat as getting your clitoris cut off, your labia mutilated and sewn together when you are a child and having it ripped open when you are older. At least circumcision as an infant doesn't completely kill all sexual feeling in the penis, FGM makes sexual contact as a whole very painful, as well as childbirth.

This is progressive and perfectly fine in the Canadian utopia of tumblrism.

In fact it would be racist, and bigoted to be against this and their cultural practices, and being against such wonderful cultural practices makes you an alt-right neo-con neo-nazi russian hacker, and you don't want to be that now do you?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-17 at 01:29 AM.

Color me shocked. I'm waiting for the "big exposé" on this shit happening en masse to second generation immigrant girls here as well...

That didn't take long.

And you need to read up on what "mutilation" entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is what our former PM deemed as 'barbaric cultural practices'. Trudeau on the other hand is letting these kinds of people in, including doctors who commit FGM. It is not against our laws what people do outside of Canada, and all we can do is prevent it from happening within Canada, even if it means stripping medical professionals of their right to practice medicine and putting them in jail for a few years. It's absolutely disgusting that people would do such shit, but the people who do it are the kinds of people Trudeau is bringing into this country so willingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Circumcision isn't even in the same god damn boat as getting your clitoris cut off, your labia mutilated and sewn together when you are a child and having it ripped open when you are older. At least circumcision as an infant doesn't completely kill all sexual feeling in the penis, FGM makes sexual contact as a whole very painful, as well as childbirth.
    Here's the problem: While I think male or female circumcision is a barbaric and ridiculous practice, the fact is that what you are describing is a very, very, very small minority of FGM practices. Most are much less invasive and very comparable to a male circumcision. Acting like all FGM is the same as what you described above is like acting like all male circumcision is penile sub-incision (complete splitting open of the penis).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    This is progressive and perfectly fine in the Canadian utopia of tumblrism.

In fact it would be racist, and bigoted to be against this and their cultural practices, and being against such wonderful cultural practices makes you an alt-right neo-con neo-nazi russian hacker, and you don't want to be that now do you?
    When Canada takes half as strong a stance on male circumcision as it takes on female circumcision, I'll be very concerned with your snide comments about progressivism and tumblr.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Color me shocked. I'm waiting for the "big exposé" on this shit happening en masse to second generation immigrant girls here as well...

That didn't take long.

And you need to read up on what "mutilation" entails.

Sorry classify it all you want, there are many that believe its mutilation and medical folks would classify it as such on both sides of the gender coin. Its just no one will dare go up against those religions on male circumcisions. But hey this religion they have no problem.

i don't support either procedure.

How dare you be against this. This is the fine culture of places that are not the barbaric Western World. I thought we all had to be inclusive and understanding, and let other cultures come into America, Canada and Europe and just do as they please?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-17 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    How dare you be against this. This is the fine culture of places that are not the barbaric Western World. I thought we all had to be inclusive and understanding, and let other cultures come into America, Canada and Europe and just do as they please?
    Well, if you are going to allow it to be done to men, why not be a barbarian all around?
    -ynnady

Sorry classify it all you want, there are many that believe its mutilation and medical folks would classify it as such on both sides of the gender coin. Its just no one will dare go up against those religions on male circumcisions. But hey this religion they have no problem.

i don't support either procedure.
    Yes, I'm against that procedure as well, but this wasn't about that so perhaps the "muh male victim complex!"-narrative is redundant?

Very simple to stop this

If any family member is found guilty for coercing girls to do this then they get immediately deported after a lengthy jail time that might make this fucking savages think twice about doing it!!

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Very simple to stop this

If any family member is found guilty for coercing girls to do this then they get immediately deported after a lengthy jail time that might make this fucking savages think twice about doing it!!
    Good idea, how about we apply the same rule to those who do it to boys as well?
    -ynnady

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Well, if you are going to allow it to be done to men, why not be a barbarian all around?
    The difference is that circumcision doesn't entirely ruin sex for men like FGM does for women. How would you feel being in extreme pain because your clitoris was cut off and the rest of your lady bits were stitched up for over a decade before some asshole decides to slice them apart? How would you feel being in even more pain trying to give birth to a child? Because that's a huge difference from removing some skin from your dick. As someone who was circumcised, I see zero issues with doing it when they are infants and more reasons not to do it when they are consenting adults because there is far more risk for serious infection and complications at that age than there are for a child.

If I am understanding it correctly, for males it is done for health, and personal option it makes the penis look much better. I am glad I have had the procedure and thus have the 8===D look, rather then that weird thing that looks like an ant eaters snout. On the other hand, I was under the impression they are forcing it on women to reduce the sensation they get from sex, thus sex does not feel as good, or good at all, and thus they will not seek to have sex (from anyone but their husband, at least. Is that incorrect? I think that is where people are getting upset. Personally I am against it, if it is as I just described.

I just find it funny that as usual, liberals want inclusion until its something they don't agree with, then they go berserk.

Good idea, how about we apply the same rule to those who do it to boys as well?
    As someone who was lucky enough not to get cut by my parents i would be in favour of that too!

Mutilating babies for the sake of culture or religion should be fucking banned imo no matter unless its 100 percent a medical necessity which most of the time it aint!

Once somone turns 18 they are welcome to have any part of there body lopped off cause they will be at a age to make that decision.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-07-17 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread: young girls are being taken overseas for genital mutilation!

posters: yeah but what about all those poor poor men and their poor poor men problems!?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly sure what can be done about this. If people do it here, then they get thrown in jail, but you can't outlaw what people do outside your borders. I guess you could try creating awareness and educating people, but this is such a blatantly bad idea that trying to explain why that is so would just seems silly...like "duh, obviously it's bad".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand how people can be so barbaric in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Not exactly sure what can be done about this. If people do it here, then they get thrown in jail, but you can't outlaw what people do outside your borders.
    make it illegal to have your child mutilated abroad?

i mean if i wanted to punish my child with 20 lashes, can i go abroad have my child lashed and beaten and come back and that's all good?

if not why can you mutilate your child's genitals abroad come back and it's fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'll never understand how people can be so barbaric in this day and age.
    Cultures are very hard to break no matter how barbaric!