Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If you don't like a stream, don't watch it. Problem solved.
    The problem's still there polluting the waters, the way clickbait and presstitutes grew out of that sort of business model.

15+ Year Old Account
    There isn't anything actually wrong with it, but you sure as hell won't see me donating to them. Plus watching people play games is so dumb when I can play them myself.

There is a distinction between being a shill for something and being a representative for something. That distinction is usually found in how truthfully you present your views on it, and that you admit to being compensated for recommending it. It's not like the whole internet is not run on ad revenue in one form or another anyway.

"I don't really like this product/company/service, but I'm telling you to buy it" = sell out
    "I truly like this product/company/service, and I'm telling you to buy it and they are paying me to do so" = legit

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    They aren't wrong, but it will put many people off. Just like when streamers, put their amazon wishlist's in the chat. But hey, it works. The perks of having people worship you.
    Its a common thing for streams of all kinds...not just video games

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There isn't anything actually wrong with it, but you sure as hell won't see me donating to them. Plus watching people play games is so dumb when I can play them myself.
    better not be into any professional sports games then.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    So i've been watching Twitch for a while now but something that im starting to notice is a lot of my favorite streamers are starting to piss me off with their constant selling out. I'm on your stream to watch some gameplay NOT for you to try to sell me some crappy service i dont have any need for. And the really weird thing is they know they are selling out and have no shame whatsover. What's is going on?
    You're basically bitching about people wanting to make a living from what they're doing.

The streamers I watch don't "sell out" either, they represent a brand that they like and even use.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    better not be into any professional sports games then.
    I'm not, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I mean, it's literally the only way you can make money in those types of industries. How do you think TV shows made their money before subscription services? Selling Ads. So, you're essentially saying that since the only way their business worked was by ad revenue then they deserved to fail.
    Ssshhh don't destroy his little fantasy world. To him money grows on trees and just magically appears in people's bank accounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I mean, it's literally the only way you can make money in those types of industries. How do you think TV shows made their money before subscription services? Selling Ads. So, you're essentially saying that since the only way their business worked was by ad revenue then they deserved to fail.
    First, we're not talking about TV networks or big corporations like Google. We're talking about your random putz recording his gaming sessions from his basement. They're not an "industry". Secondly, I didn't say that a business model based on advertisements deserves to fail. I said, if they fail, they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Ssshhh don't destroy his little fantasy world. To him money grows on trees and just magically appears in people's bank accounts.
    I actually work for my money. /shrug
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-07-17 at 01:54 AM.

IRL section is basically camwhore light. Obvious breach of conduct and yet no real bans.

Probably they are getting a little desperate now that there is so much competition for viewers. To make the same money they have to try different marketing strategies.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

They all have the same product. That doesn't help.

One of them should hook up with a small developer and get exclusive access to a game that isn't for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Its a common thing for streams of all kinds...not just video games
    It's still very tacky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

People trying to make money from a business venture. Who would've thought.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's not great, but all they really have to do is acknowledge it. It starts bothering me when they are sly about it. Some of them though are little more than televangelists though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bit annoying imo. I dont hate people for it but i definitely just dont bother tuning in to anyone that i can tell is driven by money and not the love of gaming. I have donated hundreds to streamers i would guess.

You can never blame anyone for trying to make money off there work even if that work is playing video games for other peoples enjoyment.

After all who would say no to a huge check for playing video games?

I dont watch any of these people so they aint getting my views either way but if i was in there shoes and i know advertisers would pay me then as sleazy and a sell out that would make me that check sure would help me sleep at night!

So you want something from them, but don't want them to get anything in return? Sounds like the problem is you in this equation. If people have a service to provide and get paid for more power to them, even better if it is something they enjoy doing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It's tacky for a streamer to try to make money? Why is that?
    Selling out for things they don't actually use. Or linking their amazon wishlist's is tacky. The wishlist's are worse tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I dislike the bugging for donations/advertising type people. The worst I bug my viewers on is tossing me a follow at the end of a stream if they enjoyed it. I do personally thank anyone that donates though~