Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    make it illegal to have your child mutilated abroad?

i mean if i wanted to punish my child with 20 lashes, can i go abroad have my child lashed and beaten and come back and that's all good?

if not why can you mutilate your child's genitals abroad come back and it's fine?
    That's fair if it's found out that this happened and exactly who was responsible. Considering the people involved would be family and would remain the only ones to know for a long time, I doubt it's information that could easily be found out. I'm all for anyone in involved in this stuff being punished, it's just not an easy thing to do in a widespread fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    That's fair if it's found out that this happened and exactly who was responsible. Considering the people involved would be family and would remain the only ones to know for a long time, I doubt it's information that could easily be found out. I'm all for anyone in involved in this stuff being punished, it's just not an easy thing to do in a widespread fashion.
    Thing is its very easy to find out cause doctors could make an examination and if the passport used has an african stamp in it then it wont be that difficult to convince a jury what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Thing is its very easy to find out cause doctors could make an examination and if the passport used has an african stamp in it then it wont be that difficult to convince a jury what happened.
    So would you ask every doctor to make said examination mandatory for all women?

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    So would you ask every doctor to make said examination mandatory for all women?
    Why not and while they are there they can do a breast exam and a smear test.

Small price to pay for girls not to have there vaginas mutilated.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can take a man out of a place but can you take the place out of the man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not and while they are there they can do a breast exam and a smear test.

Small price to pay for girls not to have there vaginas mutilated.
    It's not a price I'd be willing to pay, especially when it wouldn't be me paying it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cultures are very hard to break no matter how barbaric!
    Stuff like this proves some cultures are better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Here's the problem: While I think male or female circumcision is a barbaric and ridiculous practice, the fact is that what you are describing is a very, very, very small minority of FGM practices. Most are much less invasive and very comparable to a male circumcision. Acting like all FGM is the same as what you described above is like acting like all male circumcision is penile sub-incision (complete splitting open of the penis).
    Please tell me you are in no way, shape or form defending this hideous practice. Because what I'm reading here it looks like you are making excuses for it.

The whole point of FGM is to remove any pleasure a woman may experience during intercourse. It's there to further subjugate women. It should be outlawed and if you take a poor girl overseas for the procedure you should be arrested when you try to re-enter the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You wont get any arguments from me!

Some cultures shouldve been consigned to the dustbin of history and its a shame how this shit still goes on in this world.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it about sex and natural body functions that stupid 3rd world countries find so disagreeable?.

I mean woman is locked up in a tiny shack in unbearable heat just because they get there period in places like Nepal!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051fb9g
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38384889

Its fucking disgusting

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont get any arguments from me!

Some cultures shouldve been consigned to the dustbin of history and its a shame how this shit still goes on in this world.

- - - Updated - - -

What is it about sex and natural body functions that stupid 3rd world countries find so disagreeable?.

I mean woman is locked up in a tiny shack in unbearable heat just because they get there period in places like Nepal!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p051fb9g
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38384889

Its fucking disgusting
    While 3rd world countries are definitely the worst, you make it sound like 1st world countries don't do arbitrarily stupid bullshit when it comes to sex and nudity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    While 3rd world countries are definitely the worst, you make it sound like 1st world countries don't do arbitrarily stupid bullshit when it comes to sex and nudity.
    But at least we dont shove woman into a hole cause they are menstruating!

I know we in the west do bad shit like i said earlier iam against male circumcision but that is another culture that is hard to break.

Dont forget alot of people from the 3rd world come to the west and bring these barbaric practices and its up to us in the west to educate and punish those who think that this shit still flys here.

Apedicks are obsessed with cut men. I think there's enough proof that the foreskin serves a medical purpose. It seems we store feelings of inadequacy in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Apedicks are obsessed with cut men. I think there's enough proof that the foreskin serves a medical purpose. It seems we store feelings of inadequacy in there.
    Ask anyone who is for male circumcision and nearly all of them are guys who got cut and are trying to justify there parents decision to do that unnecessary operation designed to make doctors a quick buck and becaue they think society thinks cut males is the norm.

Iam uncut and i thank each day that my parents wasnt suckered into this BS and that i can experience sex the way nature intended OR get myself cut if i thought it would make it more pleasurable.

Here's the problem: While I think male or female circumcision is a barbaric and ridiculous practice, the fact is that what you are describing is a very, very, very small minority of FGM practices. Most are much less invasive and very comparable to a male circumcision. Acting like all FGM is the same as what you described above is like acting like all male circumcision is penile sub-incision (complete splitting open of the penis).
    Here's the real problem: You think "health benefits" outweigh the risk when a majority of circumcised males will have to live the rest of their miserable lives knowing they have lost what every true scientist understands is the most sensitive part of their sexual organs. Not to mention the agony one suffers knowing that out of half of the 59 Billion Lives that have lived on this earth and probably every other life in the universe, they are less than .0000001% cut minority, due to cult activities on a miserable third rock from a sun.

As for the original article, I think we need to make this clear: The problem isn't imagining a typical Canadian girl going on vacation and coming back with unnecessary genital surgery secretly foisted upon her, the problem is 10 million members of the population already being okay because of their culture or religion wink wink with sending their helpless but technically Canadian children somewhere they actually can continue to cut their genitals and then bringing them back to Canada after the procedure. Which ironically IS ethically sound since we're trying to support "religious tolerance." But I disagree, and I don't want to tolerate any religion when it does bullshit like this. Not even the other religion that is infamous for cutting genitals at birth. I don't think I need to name any of them, they're all crap.

This is a funny statement. We know there's differences but at this point in humanity's development it would only cause problems and stress with no gain if we decided to decide which cultures are better than others and rank them.

To be more clear, you're simply saying "It's hotter some places and colder others" without detailing what's hot and what's not and which way we even want to go.

The epitome of such a complication is that the best culture tolerates other cultures, but a perfect culture wouldn't tolerate any other culture, because a perfect culture is perfect and knows it. We'll likely have to settle on a "best" culture. Then, to further obfuscate, we'd have to debate what we call culture.

Like, in this example, it's actually a problem of religious nature, not cultural. Or is it? I don't really know, they all keep blending.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-07-17 at 06:28 AM.

Easy solution, wow! Make people publicly renounce their native religion when they immigrate and accept the local religion! No way they'll be able to go back to their culture without getting stoned to death then. Stay woke fam.

When Canada takes half as strong a stance on male circumcision as it takes on female circumcision, I'll be very concerned with your snide comments about progressivism and tumblr.
    "When Canada takes half as strong a stance on the neighbours dog shitting on my lawn as it takes on rape and murder, etc etc etc"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

as a saudi arabian dude, i can tell you we dont know or hear of this "female mutilation" or even allow it, i am sure that also applies to other gulf countries as well including kuwait, qatar, bahrain, united arab emirates (dubai).. or any others, i wonder why they always include the middle east in it whenever it is mentioned.

i wonder is it because some people think it is an islamic act? well it really really really isnt, (not defending any religion here just stating it).

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    This is progressive and perfectly fine in the Canadian utopia of tumblrism.

In fact it would be racist, and bigoted to be against this and their cultural practices, and being against such wonderful cultural practices makes you an alt-right neo-con neo-nazi russian hacker, and you don't want to be that now do you?

[Infracted]
    Completely un-surprised that this was infracted.

This is the most left leaning moderation I've seen on a forum.
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...arora-full.jpg

"Intelligence and Wisdom are not mutually exclusive. The presence of one does not imply the presence of the other."

Deleted
    I'll never understand how people can be so barbaric in this day and age.
    That's religion for you.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-17 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Well, this is one of those "enrichments" that will find it's way into cultures that have otherwise realized this is barbaric and should obviously be banned and prosecuted. I'd be curious to hear the opinions of certain people who are preaching more and more immigration (or, often more specifically and accurately, accepting more and more asylum seekers, not at all immigration), seeing as though this is one of those nasty little side-effects that come with the territory.

If I allow a person to come into my country to be saved from a certain death, should I then allow them to bring with them their stone age cultures as well, or should I tell them to assimilate, learn to live civilized lives, or go back to where they came from?
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-07-17 at 07:43 AM.