Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kun-Lai Summit. One of the temples or monasteries up there. The mountain areas of the zone are exactly the sort of place to have a character live out their time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Westfall

(Nostalgia)

dun morogh or winterspring. probably dun morogh. Kharanos Inn.

hm maybe STV.

too many memorable places lol

You know, that's a tough question. I was originally going to say Deathknell since that is where it all began all those years ago on my Priest.

But the quests have changed and it didn't FEEL right. So I honestly think I would go back to my first time being proud that I felt like I had ACCOMPLISHED something in the game. I'd go to the Altar of Shadows in Shadowmoon Valley (at the time, 11 or 12 year old me was not necessarily allowed in most good raid guilds and I didn't know anything about arenas) and this was when I FINALLY completed the last piece of Shadowcloth finishing my Frozen Shadoweave set. I know it wasn't much, but at the time completing the shadow tailoring questlines and waiting on daily CD resets and then finally getting that (awesome to me) set made me feel incredibly accomplished and it was then that I really committed to playing the game at a higher level since I realized I could attain almost anything in the game if I just tried and put effort in.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why would it matter? If the servers are all off then our characters don't even exist anymore.
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuw.... did you really just do that? .... omfg.... /facepalm x100 ....

Howling Fjord, Vengeance Landing. There was nothing like walking through the dark portal into hellfire, but the opening moments of Wrath hold a bit more significance to my decade old, undead priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mage and my wife's Rogue logged out in BRD or a really tall mushroom thing in zangarmarsh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    if I had a choice of all zones, it would be the old shaman intro quest for horde. It was changed and lost its magic when they added flying but I logged out there when the Cataclysm hit. Remember hanging out there with friends a lot because it was a really good view of Orgrimmar that you couldn't really get anywhere else as it forced you along a footpath up a mountain that was really difficult to find without the quest line.

Other than that I don't care much, I always loved Silithus, Uldum and Borean Tundra the most though.

Deleted
    Thunder Bluff, I always loved the place.

If the game is being shut down then it's kind of irrelevant. I won't be playing by then as I don't intend to watch WoW as they bleed it down to the last 100k subscriptions or so when it becomes unsustainable.

Inside SFK, on the wall before the tower with the pharma guy. Before buying WoW I only had a trial account and that is where it expired and made me immediately buy it.

Probably the same place I started. Northshire Abbey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If the game is being shut down then it's kind of irrelevant. I won't be playing by then as I don't intend to watch WoW as they bleed it down to the last 100k subscriptions or so when it becomes unsustainable.
    You must be fun at parties.

I would probably pick Lakeshire or Booty Bay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    When Blizzard finally pulls the plug on WoW, and the servers will be shut down forever, where do you log off your character for the last time?!

I'm torn between Teldrassil (where I started my very first character, a NE warrior [still level 17!] back in 2005), or the Dark Portal into Outland (where I had my best times playing the game; I still love that HFP zone!).

I haven't played in over five years, but when Blizz pulls the plug, I'm resubbing for that final month just to log my character off for eternity.

Where are you going to log off your characters?
    I'm with you I too would log out in Teldrassil, and to be more precise in Dolanaar.

It was in the Inn of Dolanaar I had my first interactions with other players and the entire zone just enchanted me with it's colours and music!

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    LOL

if it will be shut down forever you can just play a fucking private server if you want to experience it again..

Jesus fucking christ.
    You've missed the point.

On topic, it has to be old Dalaran because me and my girlfriend (at the time) had many memories there and the music makes me feel nostalgic every time I'm there... new Dala just isn't the same!

Halfhill / the Pandaren farm is a really good suggestion though, surprised to see it by others! Really loved MoP. <3

Deleted
    Where I created my first toon. Gnome starting area in Dun Morogh.

10+ Year Old Account
    My starter zone, exactly where my character first spawned.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I wouldn't care where the character is.