Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Free trial for legion? why isn't there one?

As the title says, I'm wondering why there isn't any trial time to try legion. if I remember correct, most expansions had those trial days some months after launch, to try out the next expansion if you didn't have it bought already. WotLK, Cata, MoP (or even WoD) had those try for free. And I used them, which hooked me to WoW every single time for a good amount of time.

Why are the devs missing out on free subs, just by ignoring those 7-14days free play time to players?

Deleted
    If you ask they will probably give you 7 days of free time.

not sure if they give out expansion trials, never seen that happen, but you can always try. there is a bunch of lvl 100 intro content to do though, a broken shore scenario and some quests, and if your fast you can still get in for black temple timewalk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    If you ask they will probably give you 7 days of free time.

not sure if they give out expansion trials, never seen that happen, but you can always try. there is a bunch of lvl 100 intro content to do though, a broken shore scenario and some quests, and if your fast you can still get in for black temple timewalk.
    They have for every other expansion since Cata, not immediately but definitely within 2-3 months, it's usually a 10day trial that caps you at 99.9% of the first level of the new xpac, but no content is locked off.

Actually made a ticket 10months ago, and this was a GM's answer. I think they are not ready for a trial yet

'' Ashuntorm
    I'm afraid that we don't have a date to annouce for the trial of Legion. As soon as we have one that feels right and is ready we will release it and send out some e-mails to players letting you guys know that it is there if you don't have Legion yet!''

They are desperate for $$.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has only been one actual trial for an expansion, the rest has been trial time. Get the expansion pack, and you can most likely get 3 days game time from Blizzard for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Well, then the OP must be desperate too, for not wanting to pay for the service like everyone else.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How is blizzard who makes like a billion dollars a year desperate for cash?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There has only been one actual trial for an expansion, the rest has been trial time. Get the expansion pack, and you can most likely get 3 days game time from Blizzard for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, then the OP must be desperate too, for not wanting to pay for the service like everyone else.
    Not everyone wants to pay the whole price of an expansion before trying it. I paid for Draenor, and quit within the first week. :-/ Would've saved me a lot of time and money if they had offered me a free trial but obviously I get it. $$$.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Xpac trials would be for new players and reluctantly returning ones mostly. I guess there's too few to warrant such an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Not everyone wants to pay the whole price of an expansion before trying it. I paid for Draenor, and quit within the first week. :-/ Would've saved me a lot of time and money if they had offered me a free trial but obviously I get it. $$$.
    That's my actual point. I'm not paying 35eur for a product I haven't tried. I'm not in a hurry to play it either. just interested in trying it. and heck I might play it, (as with few other exp's), if they give me the chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Actually made a ticket 10months ago, and this was a GM's answer. I think they are not ready for a trial yet

'' Ashuntorm
    I'm afraid that we don't have a date to annouce for the trial of Legion. As soon as we have one that feels right and is ready we will release it and send out some e-mails to players letting you guys know that it is there if you don't have Legion yet!''
    10 months ago... "they are not ready for a trail yet"
    ummm yes because something someone said 10 months ago is what they would say now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    10 months ago... "they are not ready for a trail yet"
    ummm yes because something someone said 10 months ago is what they would say now...
    I posted a ticket to waste their time, and asked about a trial just now.

Never seen a game give 7 days trial on new content.. Usally it's only for the start of the game..

Do you expect every game on steam or Console to have a playable demo before you decide to buy it aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Do you expect every game on steam or Console to have a playable demo before you decide to buy it aswell?
    Back in the day console games did have demo's to be fair and should still have them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Back in the day console games did have demo's to be fair and should still have them.
    Indeed, I record all the magezines with demo discs and shit, though when it comes to a service, they have their own version of the trial. And really, they only need to offer the ACTUAL game trial, not current content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Never seen a game give 7 days trial on new content.. Usally it's only for the start of the game..

don't think it's allowed to talk about it here, but I get the games I want to try in another fashion. if I like it, I buy it, no exceptions.
    Last edited by gunchix; 2017-07-17 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    I know, but you were warned and you DID have a set amount of time to return the game (unless you were digital, which is a weird street).

But in the end, it's about money, from BOTH sides.

They want the money, you wanna save/keep the money (or in some cases, some want it free and believe they deserve it so) - business 101.

Deleted
    Either:
    - the previous trials didn't quite work out as well they wanted them to, so they won't even bother with these trials
    OR
    - Legion still generates enough traffic (returning and new players) for them not needing a free-trial.

Either way; tough luck OP... either there won't be one OR there will be one, but not soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Either:
    - the previous trials didn't quite work out as well they wanted them to, so they won't even bother with these trials
    OR
    - Legion still generates enough traffic (returning and new players) for them not needing a free-trial.

Either way; tough luck OP... either there won't be one OR there will be one, but not soon.
    Most likely that the previous trial would cost too much. Last I ever recieved one, was for my alt account, for Cataclysm. And it was a free upgrade for all my accounts - basically, 4 expansion packs for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and they have too many offers on their content now a days that it would hardly matter. Not long ago I saw Legion for 15 dollars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you bought WoW? DO you enjoy it and feel like you could play it for a period of time? Do you think WoW overall is worth your time and money? If so, then you are free to buy it. Legion will probably satisfy you even more than the old content you're currently playing.

Giving you a trial for the new stuff would just not make any sense and I can totally see why they have no such thing available to give.
    Burn it. BURN IT!