Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Can we just stop with the "big dick dps" titles?

It's just stupid.
    Last edited by kucerakov; 2017-07-17 at 02:30 PM.

Just report the group title and move on IMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's childish and stupid, yes, but if you want to fight stupid on the internet, you're looking for a looong ride.

Probably closet-cases, fascinated by dicks and all.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

It's just a joke. Preach uses this term a lot, I wouldn't call him childish. I have no issues with that, as long as it's not overused.

Seems like a silly thing to care about. Just report them if it bothers you this much.

People can get worked up over anything these days. Just don't join the group and ignore them? What the hell is the issue here?

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like a very fun individual. Also you were clearly upset enough to make a thread about it, so don't try to act like you are calm about this.

Deleted
    microdick is a serious condition

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kucerakov View Post
    Look, I know the kiddies get a good giggle at anything making an even remotely phallic reference, but this is just... idiotic. It's ok to say "High DPS". I've got the dps you're looking for, on several toons. But if your group finder title contains a juvenile reference to genitals, I'mma keep scrolling. There was a guy this morning with a +2BRH key titled "+2 Big Penis's Please", spelled exactly like that. Come on people, is this what we've fallen to? I'm not joining a group some little squeaker used the anonymity of the internet to make a dick joke. And if you have any self-respect or class, you won't either.

I'm not "madbro". I am not going to ragequit. I'm not even a little excited about this. Just basically disgusted by the level of childishness the gaming community sometimes spits out, and it paints us all with the stupid brush. Just stop. Mkay?
    Aren't you also being childish by having to write this post to complain about it?
    "Big dick" or any reference to that is just a figure of speech that is used right now, on the same line as any others that were used in the past. If you don't like it, you can report it or ignore it and move on, you don't need to share every little thing you dislike in the anonymity of the internet.

My thought process is that every "big dick dps" is another bit of fuel for the fire for the Anita Sarkeesians of the world. I just want them to be wrong. "Ignore them and move on" doesn't do a lot of good there. But whatever, ok, motion does not carry. Tabled.

Deleted
    Look, I know the kiddies get a good giggle at anything making an even remotely phallic reference, but this is just... idiotic. It's ok to say "High DPS". I've got the dps you're looking for, on several toons. But if your group finder title contains a juvenile reference to genitals, I'mma keep scrolling. There was a guy this morning with a +2BRH key titled "+2 Big Penis's Please", spelled exactly like that. Come on people, is this what we've fallen to? I'm not joining a group some little squeaker used the anonymity of the internet to make a dick joke. And if you have any self-respect or class, you won't either.

I'm not "madbro". I am not going to ragequit. I'm not even a little excited about this. Just basically disgusted by the level of childishness the gaming community sometimes spits out, and it paints us all with the stupid brush. Just stop. Mkay?
    Ok? No one cares if you don't apply.

If you have an issue with ingame language I assume you have mature language filter turned on, Blizzard will then handhold you away from offensive words.

Zing! You sure turned it around on me there.

Deleted
    I propose we start using "big clit dps" in the name of equality

Deleted
    My point is that not everyone is going to agree, maybe some people find it immature to be patronising and call people "kiddies" as you did in your original post. Why can't grown men or women be immature?

There was a guy this morning with a +2BRH key titled "+2 Big Penis's Please",
    You assumed a gender there, maybe you're going to encourage the "Anita Sarkeesians" of the world?

Look, it is childish to do it, but it's just as childish to care this much about it. It's two sides of the same coin, you have to understand that the vast majority of players in WoW are male teens. You aren't fighting an uphill battle so much as you're fighting a fight completely impossible to make progress on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    It's just a joke. Preach uses this term a lot, I wouldn't call him childish. I have no issues with that, as long as it's not overused.
    No clue who preach is supposed to be but if you use childish jokes, you are childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Dick too small confirmed
    Or knob jockeys.

Either way you look at it, they are fukked.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

7+ Year Old Account
    It irritates me too but who am I to tell people what to call whatever it is they want that they are running? I just ignore them and keep lookin' and move on. Most of the time the people with those titles want carries for friends or themselves anyways.