Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Because we don't do what every two-bit-foreigner tells us to do?

lolz
    Because your country's ego has run amock. You blind yourselves. You kill yourselves.

The world turns its back on you not because it doesn't care. But there is nothing else it can do to try and convince your people not to destroy themselves...

But when you shoot up high schools, vote in people like Trump, and allow cancer patients to go bankrupt... what else can we do but watch and pity?...

That's all I can say really... discussion is over... I think that is a lot of people's stance. Why try to save or even interact with a country that is so bent on self destruction?

The world will move on... You will not.

It's that simple... I mean we will start to see it quite literally when America is still using coal and gas while every other country has moved to electric vehicles. It is one of many changes that will break out of discussion and into a place where people can feel the effects of their failings.
    Last edited by XangXu; 2017-07-17 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The body cameras of the officers involved were not activated, according to police.
    Why have them at all then? Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Because your country's ego has run amock. You blind yourselves. You kill yourselves.

The world turns its back on you not because it doesn't care. But there is nothing else it can do to try and convince your people not to destroy themselves...

But when you shoot up high schools, vote in people like Trump, and allow cancer patients to go bankrupt... what else can we do but watch and pity?...
    /pat /pat 10characters

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Why have them at all then? Ridiculous
    Apparently they were in the car and shot her through the door.

yet here we are with an innocent woman dead and a record for insanity and civilian shootings. But everything is peachy right?
    Did I say everything was peachy? Did I say the US is perfect and we have no problems? Point to where I said that, but don't strain yourself too hard with your hyperbolic overreach.

Stretch first, its important.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

There are no words...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Did I say everything was peachy? Did I say the US is perfect and we have no problems? Point to where I said that, but don't strain yourself too hard with your hyperbolic overreach.

But are any of you willing to truly solve those problems?

Give guns to potential terrorists.

Let killer cops walk free.

Elect a tv game show host as president.

Yeah you have problems, but I don't see anyone really doing anything about it... I see people adding fuel to the fire out of spite or wanting entertainment in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Additional information source below but I'm not sure how much credence to give it:

The woman was standing at officer driving window. Shot by passenger officer through the car door. Seeing as how they hadn't even left the vehicle could explain why body cameras hadn't been activate.
    They may have been getting a shotgun out of a locking rack or something, could explain the situation. I'd think they'd say it was an accident pretty quickly though, so who knows.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Just for having their cameras turned off, they should never wear a badge again. At best, it's reckless incompetence.

I can only hope that the investigation is thorough and transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Just for having their cameras turned off, they should never wear a badge again. At best, it's reckless incompetence.

I can only hope that the investigation is thorough and transparent.
    One thing I will say is that Minneapolis is a pretty left wing place, it's not like she was shot in Chicago's Oak park where the police are very militant. Minneapolis is a good place to raise a family.

So I'm going to go with "tragic accident" for now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Maybe not.. But you're still a joke to most of the world.

Guns do not make you safer, it only allows for more killings.

Most of the world is doing fine without guns in every home, and as a result we also have far less killings.
    There is no evidence that banning guns makes a country safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One thing I will say is that Minneapolis is a pretty left wing place, it's not like she was shot in Chicago's Oak park where the police are very militant. Minneapolis is a good place to raise a family.

So I'm going to go with "tragic accident" for now.
    Shootings happen in all sorts of cities, political leanings do not hold a monopoly on such things. Even if it is a "tragic accident" everyone should be held accountable for their actions.

The media just creates a self fulfilling prophesy. Less and less people want to be cops because of the mud that is thrown at them by the media so you end up with a lower quality of candidates.

so sad for this lost
    shame on the shooter

But are any of you willing to truly solve those problems?
    No. Nobody. There have been no protests about police action, no debate about gun violence, and Trump operates freely on his whims with no opposition from anybody whatsoever.

Yeah you have problems, but I don't see anyone really doing anything about it... I see people adding fuel to the fire out of spite or wanting entertainment in their lives.
    Of course you don't see it, you see what you want to see, like your line about every 7-11 owner having a loaded gun behind the counter and when you travel to Hawaii how guns are everywhere. Hawaii has one of the lowest gun ownership rates in the country, and some of the toughest regulations, so your claims are unverified implausible assumption based on probably watching too much television or simply cherry picking whatever fits your narrative.

Convenience stores in rougher or more crime-prone areas, they may have a gun behind the counter. But every convenience store everywhere in the US? That's nonsensical assumption you're treating as solid fact. I can pretty much guarantee you the convenience stores in a close proximity to where I live don't keep a loaded shotgun behind the counter.

America has its share of problems, just like any country. America also has a love of guns, a free press, and the third highest population on earth, so the overall number of incidents may be higher but you are also more likely to hear about them and they are more likely to involve a firearm. Media saturation doesn't help, but the US is actually on the lower end of per capita murder rate.

That's all I can say really... discussion is over... I think that is a lot of people's stance. Why try to save or even interact with a country that is so bent on self destruction?

The world will move on... You will not.

It's that simple... I mean we will start to see it quite literally when America is still using coal and gas while every other country has moved to electric vehicles. It is one of many changes that will break out of discussion and into a place where people can feel the effects of their failings.
    What are you even talking about? American companies are the ones innovating with electric vehicles while European companies are faking gas mileage.

Yeah it's a big country with a more diverse population so more bad stuff tends to happen and make the news genius. Don't worry though as Europe becomes more diverse it's going to start having the same issues.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-07-17 at 02:21 PM.

If you think the homicide rate in the US is extraordinary compared to other Western countries, wait until you see the police shooting rate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ther-countries

FALSE. The term 'Third World' was developed during the Cold War and its current usage is not only incorrect, but nonsensical without the context in which it was created.
    You might have to let that one go at this point.

TPLAC didn't catch on :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You're so defensive, butthurt much? Probably because he's telling you something that you know is true. Pull your head out of your arse and recognise your country needs fixing mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    There is no evidence that banning guns makes a country safer.
    There is plenty of evidence that stricter gun control makes a contry safer.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon