Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    There is no evidence that banning guns makes a country safer.
    You can argue that it wouldnt work for america because there are too many guns already, but dont try and argue that in a first world country less guns means more safety.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Your opinion of me and my country is so far from my concerns that it could be mistaken for a exoplanet.
    I think that you guys should invest a fraction of the time you spend talking about how great your country is into fixing its massive problems. If you did that then it might actually be half as great as you're always saying.

Because sitting there with your fingers in your ears saying "lalala I can't hear you" whenever non-Americans point out that you have problems that other developed Western nations don't is really not helping you. It makes no difference to us, we don't have to live with that shit. It's the US that continues to suffer.

Less taking it personally, more taking responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until other info is released, this sounds like a tragic accident. Same as one can have if you go for a walk or as here locally, when a woman was struck and killed checking for mail in her mail box down next to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think that you guys should invest a fraction of the time you spend talking about how great your country is into fixing its massive problems. If you did that then it might actually be half as great as you're always saying.

Because sitting there with your fingers in your ears saying "lalala I can't hear you" whenever non-Americans point out that you have problems that other developed Western nations don't is really not helping you. It makes no difference to us, we don't have to live with that shit. It's the US that continues to suffer.

Less taking it personally, more taking responsibility.
    Ha Americans don't really talk up the US anymore . That would have to go to the rest of the west these days.

All you ever hear is how great Europe and Canada supposedly are on here with endless US bashing. Talk about crazy nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    It happens like several times a week that stuff like this is reported on.

US cops have too many rights, too much protection and too little training.

Stories like these shouldn't even happen once, not even among millions of cops.
    Last time I looked there were a 140,000 cops in the US. Sounds like a lot but if you compare it to other countries on a percapita basis, it's similar to Britain and France.

But with that many cops there's going to be more incidents.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    hundreds of thousands of police interaction happen everyday with 0 incidents, it's just the ones every now and then like this that get reported on that make it seem like it happens all the time.
    I realize you cities larger than my country, but still, it seems like its happening quite a bit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I guess all we can take from this is, if you are in need of help don't call the cops.
    *US Cops

I've dealt with Swedish cops a few times and they've been super nice and helpful, even when having been attacked. One time, police came knocking on my door at the apartment I had then and said someone had been throwing bottles at them from my stairs where I lived so they wanted to investigate. Of course I instantly knew it were the neighbours living under me but I let them in. They just checked around, apologized for the intrusion and went to check the neighbours I pointed them to.

Even as a kid when I was out drinking and actually ran from the police once, they were still chill about it

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    The media just creates a self fulfilling prophesy. Less and less people want to be cops because of the mud that is thrown at them by the media so you end up with a lower quality of candidates.
    Or you could, you know, give them more than 3 months training before equipping them with a badge and gun.

How she ended up dead is tragic and baffling atm.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    You can argue that it wouldnt work for america because there are too many guns already, but dont try and argue that in a first world country less guns means more safety.
    I'd say it wouldn't work in the US because each state, for the most part, is like it's own country and so you'd have to get federal approval to regulate guns on the scale of Australia or the UK because if only 1 state claims to be a "gun-free state" it'd be like trying to scoop out water from a lake and the hole is immediately refilled. Of course good luck getting the federal government to agree about how to deal with guns but that's another topic altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Until other info is released, this sounds like a tragic accident. Same as one can have if you go for a walk or as here locally, when a woman was struck and killed checking for mail in her mail box down next to the road.
    That would only be the case if they accidentally shot her. From the sound of it, they shot on purpose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    hundreds of thousands of police interaction happen everyday with 0 incidents, it's just the ones every now and then like this that get reported on that make it seem like it happens all the time.
    Fatal shootings don't happen so much and often in Germany as in the US, I don't even need to watch the news to know this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another person shot in america.

In other news, grass is green and people need oxygen to breathe!

Now if she had armed herself properly and studied the local laws, this wouldn't have happened. When in the USA, you go big or you go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    As someone else pointed out in this thread, there are at least a dozen times as many armed cashiers in the US, and we don't hear stories about them shooting people or dogs all the time.
    That's because there aren't a lot of robberies or other reasons for armed cashiers to shoot. Armed cashiers aren't directed to disturbances all over the city by radio like police are.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    There is plenty of evidence that stricter gun control makes a contry safer.
    there is zero evidence for it making a country safer, there is only evidence of less gun deaths/injuries, which is NOT the same thing.

There is no evidence that banning guns makes a country safer.
    Not to mention even if guns were banned Police would still have them... So banning guns would had solved this issue how exactly?

Also criminals will STILL get guns regardless of the laws, just like drugs. Main difference is good citizens would no longer have guns to defend themselves,

- - - Updated - - -

There is plenty of evidence that stricter gun control makes a country safer.
    Refer to above

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Not to menntion even if guns were banned Police would still have them... So banning guns would had solved this issue how exactly?
    Maybe cops have to shoot everything that moves because they know everything that moves has a gun in close reach.

There is plenty of evidence that stricter gun control makes a contry safer.
    Maybe makes crimes slightly less lethal and remove the gun qualifier of it, but beyond that not really.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-07-17 at 02:58 PM.

Maybe makes crimes less lethal and remove the gun qualifier of it, but beyond that not really.
    Making the crimes less lethal inherantly makes the country safer.

Being dead is much worse than losing some money, I know this might be hard for americans to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That would only be the case if they accidentally shot her. From the sound of it, they shot on purpose.
    I haven't seen anything with that. If she came to the drivers side and the passenger shot her, it seems unlikely to be intentional. You usually don't use your partner as cover.

The thread has mostly devolved into the "US guns" or "US cops" "discussions", so not sure it matters anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."