10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    So.... that gift Euron was talking about, betting that it's the dragonbinder?
    Nope. It's going to be yara and the sand snakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    The person who grabbed Sam's arm - is that Jorah! I thought it sounded like Stannis at first, but then realized the guys arm looked like it was infected, which would be the greyscale. Then he asked about Daenerys.
    Yes it was.

I watch GoT with subtitles, and even that mentioned it was him.

Shame on you for not recognising his voice

Good first episode.

Arya just being badass as usual which I enjoy since she is my favorite character.

Sorry but even with Euron I feel Cersei is going to get fucked unless she has something else up her sleeve.

As for Jorah. Have a feeling he won't make it.

As for the Hound can't say I like that he is becoming what is essentially a good guy now. Gonna miss him taking two chickens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great opening and good set up episode but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little disappointed with it not being more eventful. With 12 more episodes left I kind of want every one to be absolutely bananas but if the rest of them make up for it I'll be content

By the way was that an undead Wun Wun at the start? Because if it was I'm gonna be mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By the way was that an undead Wun Wun at the start? Because if it was I'm gonna be mad.
    What else do you think it could have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What else do you think it could have been?
    I just... I just didn't want it to be true OK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait until undead Hodor inevitably shows up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I didn't know who he was till I read this comment and googled him.

- - - Updated - - -
    You don't get out much do you? And thats not meant as an offense. Seeing the ammount of media coverage he gets and the large ammount of fans he has u pretty much have to be a hermit not to have heard of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just... I just didn't want it to be true OK!
    Yeah I wasn't very happy either, but it makes sense that they would turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Its directly stated that its been a fortnight between feasts, meaning Arya has been posing as Walder for around 2 weeks. The Twins itself probably had enough poison at hand given who their lord was, all she needed to do was poison the serving vessels. If she needed anything, which i doubt, it could have been gathered in said fortnight when she was gathering the Frey's to her. It seems like your hatred of D&D blinds you to the actual plot.
    Its stated that it has never occured, Walter giving 2 feasts within one fortnight.
    Could be 2 days for all we know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Didn't she say "tell them winter came for House Frey"?
    She said both.

Such a boring episode. If it wasn't for the Arya scene I would be really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyssian View Post
    This episode was mostly setting up the stage for the rest of the season. Which is absolutely fine for the first episode of the season

What I liked:
    [splol]
    1. Arya meets Lannister soldiers - I think it was a great move by the writers. Arya got to see that not all who serve the Lannisters are evil (which seems obvious to us, but as far as I recall, pretty much everyone associated with the Lannisters that Arya met up until this point was a cunt and she might have instinctively thought that "Lannister = evil") and that realization might heavily influence what she does later in the season.

2. Brotherhood Without Banners - the Hound wasn't as funny as the last time we saw him (shame!), but the whole setting was amazing. And I'm not even talking about the foreboding vision in the fire that Clegane had. The part that really got me is that I think that he was here before with Arya and that these people were dead because of the Hound (and that's why he was so uneasy coming back to this house). This whole scene, especially the part where Clegane digs up the grave and is genuinely sorry for the dead shows how much he has changed since the start of the series. And I love it.

3. Tormund and Brienne scene - it was short, but damn the look he gave her (again!) is still so funny Also: "You are one lucky man" - lol One regret that I have is that Tormund and Brienne didn't spar at least for a while.

4. Euron Greyjoy comes to King Landing - we all knew that he'd ally himself with Cersei, so no suprise here. Kinda funny that it seems like the Ironborn managed to build a ton of ships very fast, but hell... What I liked about this scene was that it showed how crazy and evil this guy is. I know Cersei was meant to be "the worst villain ever", but right now I kinda want Euron to die a bloody death more than her.

5. Little Bear being a savage again - damn the writers, I now want to see Lyanna Mormont kill some White Walkers.[/spoiler]

What I didn't like:
    [splol]
    1. Arya killing the remaining Freys - it feel it was a waste of time as they could have easily just have the part where Jaime tells Cersei that someone killed lord Frey and all his kin and we all would have known what happened. I guess it was a little extra something for the die-hard Stark fans out there.

2. Samwell - honestly... Stannis already told him that Dragonstone = dragon glass, I was kinda disappointed that this was the big discovery that Sam made. I hope this is only the beginning and he actually finds more in the books. The whole training to be a maester thing was cool, but a little too dragged out considering that we only get 7 episodes this season and each minute is precious. The best part about this was Jorah being in Oldtown - it's interesting to see what happens to him next.
    [/lol]

The rest of the episode was okay Neither bad, nor particularly amazing - pretty much the things that needed to happen to set the stage for the whole season.

For example, we had to see [spoiler]Danny land somewhere in Westeros, the beginning of Littlefinger/Sansa/Jon political game plot, Cersei and Jaime planning their moves, Jon making his first decisions as the king, Bran crossing the wall and so on.[/splol]. There were also some cool little moments like [splol]Cersei saying that Tommen betrayed her - I think she's starting to go a bit mad already[/splol].

Overall, a pretty solid first episode of the season. Bar the two things I didn't like, I feel that it did a great job of reminding a regular viewer of where we are and what this season is going to be all about
    Oh it's this time of the year again. This thread had remained pure and pristine for so long. :c

Regardless. Surprisingly good episode in terms of tone, if the overall quality remains this high, it'll finally be a good season after last 2 lackluster ones.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I have a feeling it could be Gendry, Still a living heir to his father's throne, which could be of interest to Cersei. Or he turns up in Oldtown where Sam looks for a skilled smith who could possibly manufacture dragonglass into weapons. Judging by the recent episode, this seems more likely, if they plan to mine the dragonglass.

If you've seen the leaked season from awayforthelads that was on reddit you'll know what the gift is.

The guy's leak was 100% accurate for episode 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    If you've seen the leaked season from awayforthelads that was on reddit you'll know what the gift is.

The guy's leak was 100% accurate for episode 1.
    You know, you could tell us with spoiler tags

edit: did a google search, damn, I hope they are correct.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-07-17 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You know, you could tell us with spoiler tags

edit: did a google search, damn, I hope they are correct.
    But this is spoiler thread. It has been stated time and time again that if you want black bars you go to the no-spoiler thread.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I don't know who his mom but i am sure Ned is father. HBO and its fanfic don't prove a shit.
    I get what your saying, but why would you think Ned is Jons father? That makes less sense than it being Hot Pie. What led you to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    You'd rather have her kill everyone 1 at a time like Xena the warrior princess in a massive brawl that lasts 15minutes?
    Maybe not fifteen minutes... Still, if the Samwell chamber-pot montage had to be cut for time because of it, I think that's a sacrifice I would be willing to accept.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"