Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm far more likely to see a movie that has actors I like than one with Actors I have zero knowledge of and by extension have little knowledge of their acting skills.

pretty easy really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Is your character some CGI monstrosity? Cast Serkis.
    and don't recognize him when you spot him beefed up as ulysses klaw.

but really, he is the go-to cgi guy and i like that. your post is true.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care too much who's in a film. I really only care how well the casting fits the role they portray. If a director is really looking for a "Johny Depp" type character, it makes sense that they get Johny Depp. I am guilty of saying, "well John Goodman is in this and he's always good.", but to me its more whether the idea of a movie captures my interest. I don't ever go to see a movie soley because of the actors they cast, but I don't mind seeing the same ones in a lot of movies. For the most part, they keep getting cast because they are good at what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post

but really, he is the go-to cgi guy and i like that. your post is true.
    Haha, yeah. It took me a second to recognise him, when he came on screen... Dude put in some work, got dem gainz.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    So...become famous and kiss your career goodbye. That'd be something now wouldn't it.

Yes everyone should cast nobodies so they don't make money on crap movies just because FAMOUS STAR is in it. It will also help keep all the movie for the studios if the movies make anything.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    It will also help keep all the movie for the studios if the movies make anything.
    Yeah, the studios will keep all the money, and since most movies are now made by Chinese studios, all the money will go to China.

The whole idea of not hiring stars is inherently flawed. Who is going to ever audition for a movie if it being successful, thus, making them a star, cause that is literally all it takes, 1 major part in a successful movie, can make you an instant star. So if that happens, what, that automatically means they can no longer get hired?

If a famous actor is right for the role, by all means, hire them. If you find an unknown that's good for the role, fine. But being a star shouldn't rule someone out. Are you seriously telling me you think some unknown woulda been better than Patrick Stewart at playing Professor X?

My man crushes:
    Idris Elba
    Mahershala Ali
    James McAvoy
    Michael Fassbender

I'll basically give a movie a chance, if it stars one of those. I couldn't get through the netflix jungle african warlord one with Elba, I tried a couple times. There are things with the others I haven't seen yet, that I really want to. Ali's thing with Mccogonaheuy, McAvoy in Trance just to name a couple.

Cast will easily get me interested in a movie. New Star Trek? I don't give a fuck about Star Trek. Cast is announced: Pegg, Yelchin, Quinto.... alright, I'm so fucking getting into this... Saldana, Cho... Ok fuck off, I love this cast.... Chris Pine... hmmm, well 5 of 6 isn't bad. Bana and Collins JR as the bads... and I'm a JJ fan boi.... fuck yes, this.... this can't fail. And guess what? I fucking love the new star trek series. It helps that I have zero attachment to the series or previous movies.

X-Men prequels? Fassbender as my favorite all time comic book character? McAvoy as his evil foil? God damn it, yes fucking yes. And i really enjoy those prequels, aside from the last one which was kinda shit.

I don't like a name thrown in, just to have a name. Names sell product though. If you don't have names, your source material better be solid as fu uck - like Lord of the Rings. I mean, sure, you had Sir Ian and Sir Christopher and a known enough Viggo and a stout John Rhys-Davies, the ever annoying Elijah Wood and they corpse of Sean Astin... ok, nevermind, Lord of the Rings was a stacked cast as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    In the trailer, I totally thought he was Marton Csokas cuz of how much that quick glimpse reminded me of his Baron Quinn from Into the Badlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Yes everyone should cast nobodies.
    That fuckin' 'nobody' is Keanu Reeves.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The thing I dislike most about many movies is how you always see these same "star actors".

Some actors are so famous and well known that I don't even see the character that they are ment to portray, but just the actor.
    I personally have this with Morgan Freeman and Tom Cruise for example, who always seem to play themselves instead of the character.

If you cast new (or at least lesser-known) actors/actresses for major roles, I think the movie would potentially be better.

What do you think?

I get what you are saying and have always thought this. At some point actors get so popular or are in so many films, their roles do not seem believable and it's difficult to get immersed in their character. The only actor/genre that I've never felt like this toward were the Clint Eastwood westerns.

Well they're generally famous because they're good at their job. Though yes, overuse of them can be an issue where it breaks immersion a bit as you can only think of them as <insert other film franchise character here>. It's less of a problem with animated films, but it can still happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well they're generally famous because they're good at their job. Though yes, overuse of them can be an issue where it breaks immersion a bit as you can only think of them as <insert other film franchise character here>.
    A truly good actor will MAKE you forget that other character while you're watching them perform a different role(assuming they're not being written similar, of course). Like Johnny Depp, he's become kinda a parody, playing "Johnny Depp" characters and being similar in nearly everything he does anymore...(although Black Mass seemed to be him trying to get out of the rut). Other actors not so much, I mean, when I'm watching Logan, I'm not thinking Captain Picard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

That fuckin' 'nobody' is Keanu Reeves.
    Whoa! Wild Stallions!! HAHAHA
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

because movies are simply business, take a good recent example. Ghost in the shell no one would of cared about it (beyond a cliche audience thats not enough to carry it) no one would of cared, the fact it was a "meh" movie at best is a different issue all together.