Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is retrobution boring in legion?

to be honest retrobution feels kind of boring... since they took away my auras, hammer of wrath and exorcism it just feels like a really dull specalization... am i the only one who feels this way?

Deleted
    Blade of justice = exorcism, auras = fluff that didnt really do anything anymore, hammer of wrath = I do miss this execute tbh.

Yea, but only because it's so retro.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be a lot better if they made Fires of Justice worked with Blade of Justice....
    and lowered the CD on Blade of Justice to 6 seconds instead of 8. This would make the spec flow better and feel less clunky to me, during times of Crusade that's when it plays and feels so good because of the haste we get making Blade of Justice make the rotation feel a whole hell of alot better. I'd like that feeling all the time

Its pretty boring IMO outside of Crusade, its very minimal and easy to get. We need a talent re-work because our talent tree is pretty poorly put together and a re-work of that can make somethings baseline (Like:Execution Sentence) and add actually good interesting talents
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-07-17 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Blade of justice = exorcism, auras = fluff that didnt really do anything anymore, hammer of wrath = I do miss this execute tbh.
    Blade of Justice is literally just a worse form of Exorcism. Exorcism had Art of War by default, which reset its cooldown baseline without talents. It also had a 30 yard range and was unaffected by armor. If Blade of Justice were buffed to be like Exorcism before it, it'd be much better mechanically, and it'd free up a talent slot for them to actually do something creative with, maybe? Maybe I'm asking too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I miss the little things like Execution Sentence and Seraphim to play with. Now we're Crusade bots and then we spend 1.5 min doing our little rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Blade of Justice is literally just a worse form of Exorcism. Exorcism had Art of War by default, which reset its cooldown baseline without talents. It also had a 30 yard range and was unaffected by armor. If Blade of Justice were buffed to be like Exorcism before it, it'd be much better mechanically, and it'd free up a talent slot for them to actually do something creative with, maybe? Maybe I'm asking too much.
    If you're talking about Cata exoricism, sure, it hit hard. By the time of WOD it hardly did measurable damage at all and was really only for generating holy power. BoW generated 2 (or even 3) holy power. And it looks cool. I wish it had a longer range to help with movement downtime but I do disagree that it's worse than exorcism, it's significantly more portent and does more percentage of our damage than exorcism has in a long long time.

Deleted
    The only retro thing about it is the low DPS.

Deleted
    Dem auras... always such an interesting and engaging mechanic, really made the class for me.

Deleted
    The fact you called retrobution made me think its now alot more fun!

On a serious tip though, I would like a bit more...flair to it. It feels a bit samey right now.

AOE is fun

Divine steed would be fun with a much shorter cooldown, but I'd prefer the 20-30% passive movement increase we had before Legion

Every time I feel bad about my rets rotation, I go and do timewalking with 12% haste. After that I love it again.

All I can think of is how we were gonna get something that sounded a lot like a port of Falling Sword from D3 crusaders that just didn't have a finished animation yet, and how it was taken away in beta

I don't like lensing the whole thing through the judgment window, it's like playing an "Arms Rogue". I preferred the WOD gameplay. I miss WotLK (not a new statement for Ret, I'm sure), but not so much for the FCFS ease of it, but for Divine Storm being a valid single target button that didn't share a CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    to be honest retrobution feels kind of boring... since they took away my auras, hammer of wrath and exorcism it just feels like a really dull specalization... am i the only one who feels this way?
    Were auras ever interesting?
    Exorcism was basically just BoJ, but without an animation or any flavour at all...

You sound like the guy who complained about removal of "Censure" (The Seal of Truth DoT)...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Get Haste. It'll feel fine once you do. Take it from someone at 31.27%, the rotation feels fine enough after 20%. Then, once you got your haste, your stacking strength, crit and vers will make big shiny 2-3mil TV crits flash across your screen during Crusade and it'll reall feel like you're swinging one of the heftiest swords in the game.

I've played this spec since 7.0 in WoD and haven't faltered yet. I never disliked the rotation/playstyle change. Tbh the proc lightshow that was MoP/WoD Ret didn't appeal to me. I enjoy a more deliberate rotation and priority system outside of "hit-what-glows".

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Were auras ever interesting?
    Exorcism was basically just BoJ, but without an animation or any flavour at all...

You sound like the guy who complained about removal of "Censure" (The Seal of Truth DoT)...
    Seals were interesting. I prefer the look of Blade of Justice over Exorcism, and it's obvious that is what it's replacing, but the range was severely nerfed (because of "fantasy" bs? Probably the same excuse for our lack of mobility), the Art of War effect was made into a talent because they couldn't be bothered to go to the effort of creating a talent or balancing around one of the already-existing talents (of which many were straight-up removed).

You sound like a guy who prefers hyperbole over substance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Get Haste. It'll feel fine once you do. Take it from someone at 31.27%, the rotation feels fine enough after 20%. Then, once you got your haste, your stacking strength, crit and vers will make big shiny 2-3mil TV crits flash across your screen during Crusade and it'll reall feel like you're swinging one of the heftiest swords in the game.

I've played this spec since 7.0 in WoD and haven't faltered yet. I never disliked the rotation/playstyle change. Tbh the proc lightshow that was MoP/WoD Ret didn't appeal to me. I enjoy a more deliberate rotation and priority system outside of "hit-what-glows".
    You never utilized the versatility of the spec very much in MoP then. It was more than just whack the red target.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You never utilized the versatility of the spec very much in MoP then. It was more than just whack the red target.
    Nope, couldn't get behind the Rotation of Ret. I mained Prot since TBC and stuck to that, very seldom saw the need or felt the urge to play my Ret Offspec in MoP. Every time I did I felt underwhelmed by how it played. This is the first expac I main not-Protection and that's kinda the point I'm trying to make. If Ret felt bad to me I wouldn't have picked that as my DPS spec for Legion when I was told we didn't have a tank slot in my guild. I had plenty of other melee DPS classes at level 100 before launch.

When ever there is a topic about ret being boring I'm a little dismissive, I think the play is pretty decent right now and the only change that still salts my chops is the loss of hammer of wrath.
    But reading what Shavier said there, yes. I forgot. I didn't level Ret, opting to quest in prot spec and for the first few weeks of the xpac I was seriously regretting my choice. Low haste and not having ashes to ashes was a terrible place to be. If anyone is trying ret on a level 100, all I can say is that it does get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post

3 Million TVs yay... my arms warrior is doing 3M crits without a two minute CD with less ilvl.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    3 Million TVs yay... my arms warrior is doing 3M crits without a two minute CD with less ilvl.
    Indeed.
    Not to mention what a Warrior can unleash during Execute phase without no cds at all.
    I'm literally turretting bosses with 3.5kk MSes and it feels great.