Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Well, SWP as a whole was a filler raid in a way, much like Ruby Sanctum after ICC. Though it did have an important character in it (KJ).
    Nobody expected SWP at the time, we thought it ended with the Black Temple and then like an explosion it was announced along with a whole new questing zone (Quel'danas) and even a dungeon with Kael'thas in it

But I see your point, yeah.
    Yeah I get what ya mean, but unlike Ruby Sanctum, it did progress the plot of WoW! Certainly for the elves at least. But yyyeah Illidan SHOULD'VE been the last boss... x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    If you played reign of chaos she really feels like the main character for the fight against archimonde, especially since the last few missions against archimonde were night elf missions. I would guess that would be the reason, maybe they will also cover what she was doing between WotA and the third war (Not to mention a lot of other things during WC3 like waking the druids and freeing Illidan). It could also go more into Elune and she seems to be a good representation for that as well since they haven't really drawn elune's form.
    Yeah, I feel that. Perhaps Blizzard realized we all know just about everything there is to know on Arthas, so they decided to flesh out the other sides of the story. Don't let my distaste toward Tyrande fool yall, I'm glad that this will likely delve into the darkest of the dark history of the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Have you been ignoring the PTR developments and the datamining? That's hardly " little shards "

The titans were killed in the Chronicles, they're alive in 7.3
    Sargeras is using the soul of argus to keep recreating his immortal army, the demons were capable of returning before Sargeras fell to corruption.

There have been oversights that's undeniable but it might be benign, it could change, after all, they forgot Falstad was alive.
    None of that has been retconned.

Things in WoW don't stay dead. With their souls still alive, its entirely possible for the Titans to return.

What you're complaining about is additional lore, not a change to existing lore.

They died.

At some point, at least some portion of their spirits tried to inhabit their Keepers on Azeroth.

This didn't work.

Sometime in between that (or even concurrent with that) their souls ended up in Sargeras' possession.

None of that is contradictory.

The Argus thing we dont even know specifically what it is talking about. It might be allowing him to create more demons, or accelerate their return from the Twisting Nether. (We know that they could return previously, but it was implied that it took a while). It would certainly explain how Archimonde got back into the fight in less than 15 years. (From his defeat on Hyjal to WoD).

Again, nothing contradictory. Just additional lore, and, to boot, we dont even know all of it yet, as the stuff that is Datamined is heartily incomplete.

Well, SWP as a whole was a filler raid in a way, much like Ruby Sanctum after ICC. Though it did have an important character in it (KJ).
    Nobody expected SWP at the time, we thought it ended with the Black Temple and then like an explosion it was announced along with a whole new questing zone (Quel'danas) and even a dungeon with Kael'thas in it

But I see your point, yeah.
    Can we PLEASE, FOR FUCKS SAKE, stop spreading that lie.

They fucking showed Sunwell art assets at the TBC ANNOUNCEMENT. It was planned literally from DAY ONE. There were assets for it in the works before the xpac even released.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Maybe we'll get definitive answers on who cleared which raids- other than the already confirmed Varian killing Onyxia and Horde raiders killing Nefarian.
    Hmm... didn't Darion & Co. also clear the original Naxxramas? (In the Ashbringer comics?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Something that will end up retconned within months no doubt...

Edit: Oh, it's just a backstory thing for popular lore characters. Hopefully to help set up Jaina as the villain of next expansion.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-17 at 06:25 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why they used Tyrande AND an ice-like cover. Arthas would be much better and more significant here. But well then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I wonder why they used Tyrande AND an ice-like cover. Arthas would be much better and more significant here. But well then.
    eh... the cover is moon themed.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    World of Warcrarft: Chronicle Vol. 3 pre-orders are now available. Ships on March 27, 2018.

I love it, it's sad to have to wait. I want it now!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

They fucking showed Sunwell art assets at the TBC ANNOUNCEMENT. It was planned literally from DAY ONE. There were assets for it in the works before the xpac even released.
    Actually, they might've planned for it, but the players were not sure we'd get it. Them showing art is one thing, we had tons of art of other places in classic too that we never got to see until later expansions. So that's invalid.

Also it was the first DLC for WoW too so nobody had any idea how long it would go on for. So nah dude, it's not a lie at all.

Actually, they might've planned for it, but the players were not sure we'd get it. Them showing art is one thing, we had tons of art of other places in classic too that we never got to see until later expansions. So that's invalid.

Also it was the first DLC for WoW too so nobody had any idea how long it would go on for. So nah dude, it's not a lie at all.
    No, the statement was that it wasnt planned and was a "filler raid", which IS categorically bullshit.

Stop trying to move the damn goalposts.

They planned it from day 1, talked about it at the reveal, SHOWED the assets at the reveal, talked about it in later patch cycles.

What the *players* thought they knew is utterly fucking irrelevant.

It was not a filler raid. It was planned from day 1.

Ruby Sanctum was NOT. It WAS a filler raid that was thrown together after development went long on Cataclysm.

Big difference.

An important thing to note is the name of the expansion itself: The Burning Crusade. That's the name of the Burning Legion's crusade across the stars. Illidan was opposed to that crusade (even during that expansion), so even though he was the poster child for the expansion, he never made sense as the goal considering its name. Kil'jaeden was the architect of the Burning Crusade at the time, and it only makes sense that he was confronted by the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    World of Warcrarft: Chronicle Vol. 3 pre-orders are now available. Ships on March 27, 2018.
    Oh cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    It does seem a bit odd. I expected Arthas, whether this just covers the Third War or all the way up to Cataclysm.

I guess we never really had a large enough sample size to know why they chose the covers they did though. Considering where Chronicle I ended, Medivh was one of the few characters they could pick that would be relevant in any way and be recognizable. Chronicle II had a larger window, but Gul'dan represented the Draenor half pretty well. Tyrande may not be obvious for the previously given up-to-Cataclysm, but that era also has a lot of recognizable characters to choose from.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-17 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    An important thing to note is the name of the expansion itself: The Burning Crusade. That's the name of the Burning Legion's crusade across the stars. Illidan was opposed to that crusade (even during that expansion), so even though he was the poster child for the expansion, he never made sense as the goal considering its name. Kil'jaeden was the architect of the Burning Crusade at the time, and it only makes sense that he was confronted by the end.
    You might aswell just sum it as TBC being a mess. It's easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think on the contrary that there is a lot to cover. This is just a few of the things they could cover:

--SNIP--

Oh, I'm tired. We all have an idea of what this will be about...
    ...Then please allow me to step in and pick up where you left off ^_^

1. The Aftermath of The 2nd War
    a) The Internment Camps; Struggle in the Alliance
    b) Gilneas and Greymane's Wall
    c) Tirion Fordring and Eitrigg
    d) Rebuilding of Stormwind and conflict with the Stonemasons (Defias Brotherhood)
    e) Thrall's rise
    f) Arthas' youth

2. The Third War
    a) Birth of the Lich King
    b) War of the Spider
    c) What happened with other races On Northrend (Drakkari, Kaluak, etc.)
    d) Kel'Thuzad and the Cult of the Damned
    e) The Culling of Stratholme
    f) Arthas and Frostmourne
    g) Fall of Lordaeron
    h) Fall of Quel'Thalas
    i) Fall of Dalaran
    j) Arugal and the Worgen Curse
    k)Flight to Kalimdor
    l) End of the Long Vigil and return of the Druids
    m) Eternity's End

3. The Frozen Throne
    a) Illidan, the Naga and the Eye of Sargeras
    b) Arthas' flight; Birth of the Forsaken
    c) Sylvanas' conquest of Lordaeron
    d) Kael'thas and the Blood Elves
    e) Outland
    f) Race for The Frozen Throne
    g) Arthas becomes the Lich King

4. A New World
    a) Founding of Theramore
    b) Founding of Durotar and Orgrimmar
    c) Proudmoore's War
    d) How the Night Elves joined the Alliance
    e) How the Forsaken joined the Horde
    f) The New Horde
    g) The Defias Conflict and Varian's disappearance
    h) Birth of the Scarlet Crusade

5. The Cold War
    a) Conflicts between Horde and Alliance (Warsong Lumber Camps, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, etc.)
    b) Onyxia's conspiracy
    c) Varian's story, return and death of Onyxia
    d) Events at the Molten Core
    e) Nefarian's plans to create a new dragon flight
    f) Return of Hakkar the Soulflayer
    g) War of the Shifting Sands (part 2)
    h) Naxxramas

6. The Burning Crusade
    a) The Opening of the Dark Portal
    b) The Sons of Lothar and the Draenei
    c) Flight of the Draenei to Azeroth; Entry into the Alliance
    d) Rise of the Blood Elves; Entry into the Horde
    e) The Mag'har and the New Horde
    f) Seige of the Black Temple; Illidan's Gambit
    g) Kael'thas betrays Quel'Thalas
    h) The Restoration of The Sunwell

7. Wrath of the Lich King
    a) The Lich King stirs
    b) Return of King Varian Wrynn; Dalaran Teleports to Northrend
    c) The Knights of the Ebon Blade
    d) Malygos and The Nexus War
    e) The Wrathgate Incident; Battle for The Undercity
    f) The Fall of Zul'Drak; The March on Icecrown
    g) Ulduar and Yogg'Saraon
    h) Fall of the Lich King

8. Cataclysm
    a) Thrall steps down as Warchief; Garrosh becomes Warchief of the Horde
    b) Magni becomes one with the land; Formation of the Council of Three Hammers
    c) The Cataclysm reshapes the world
    d) The Forsaken campaign against Gilneas; Gilneas rejoins the Alliance
    e) The Bilgewater Cartel joins the Horde
    f) The Twilight Hammer; Return of The Fire Lord
    g) The World Shaman; A New Aspect of Magic is chosen
    h) The Hour of Twilight

Epilogue: Worlds Colliding

a) The Tushui and Huojin Pandaren
    b) Pandaria is revealed by The Cataclysm
    c) The Alliance-Horde Conflict comes to Pandaria
    d) Tension within the Horde; Seige of Orgrimmar
    e) The Ironmarch Invasion
    f) The Draenor Campaign
    g) The Legion Returns
    h) The End of The Burning Crusade

...IF the author wants, they can certainly cover all of the expansions in the third volume. All the major stuff anyways. Weather it happens or not I think depends on weather or not the next expansion is announced between now and BlizzCon.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Things in WoW don't stay dead. With their souls still alive, its entirely possible for the Titans to return.

What you're complaining about is additional lore, not a change to existing lore.

They died.

At some point, at least some portion of their spirits tried to inhabit their Keepers on Azeroth.

This didn't work.

Sometime in between that (or even concurrent with that) their souls ended up in Sargeras' possession.

None of that is contradictory.

The Argus thing we dont even know specifically what it is talking about. It might be allowing him to create more demons, or accelerate their return from the Twisting Nether. (We know that they could return previously, but it was implied that it took a while). It would certainly explain how Archimonde got back into the fight in less than 15 years. (From his defeat on Hyjal to WoD).

Again, nothing contradictory. Just additional lore, and, to boot, we dont even know all of it yet, as the stuff that is Datamined is heartily incomplete.

Not to mention the verdant Sphere on Kael'thas in 2.0 LAUNCH CONTENT. Has an event for EVERYONE in shattrath that tells you kil'jaeden is coming and that kael himself is not dead. along with the Netherstorm storyline if you aren't pants on head retarded

Lets also no forget the name of the expansion "The Burning Crusade"

I chalk it all up to people being too lore illiterate to distinguish between the Legion and the Illidari forces in Outland.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the statement was that it wasnt planned and was a "filler raid", which IS categorically bullshit.

Stop trying to move the damn goalposts.

They planned it from day 1, talked about it at the reveal, SHOWED the assets at the reveal, talked about it in later patch cycles.

What the *players* thought they knew is utterly fucking irrelevant.

It was not a filler raid. It was planned from day 1.

Ruby Sanctum was NOT. It WAS a filler raid that was thrown together after development went long on Cataclysm.

Big difference.
    People need to learn what a filler raid is

SWP and culmination of THE BURNING CRUSADE EXPANSION featureing.

Kil'jaeden hinted by Kael'thas in a event post death in 2.0
    Fate of Muru introduced in 2.0
    Redemption of the Blood Elves and rebirth of the Sunwell setup in the Sunwell Trilogy manga
    A JOINT effort raid with the Aldor and Scryers joining forces as the Shattered Sun Offensive after being less then happy to be in company until this event.

That is not a filler raid. That is a FINALE raid.

a Filler raid is Zul'Aman.

as in completely unrelated and disjointed from the main storyline. That is the purest definition of Zul'Aman. Filler.

Zul'Aman = Filler
    SWP = Planned Finale

Contention of this proves that the person is shit at the lore and basic story comprehension and can readily be ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think on the contrary that there is a lot to cover. This is just a few of the things they could cover:

1. The aftermath of the 2nd war
    a) The internment camps, struggle in the Alliance
    b) Gilneas and Greymane's Wall
    c) Tirion Fordring and Eitrigg
    d) Rebuilding of Stormwind and conflict with the Stonemasons (Defias Brotherhood)
    e) Thrall's rise
    f) Arthas' youth

2. The Third War
    a) Birth of the Lich King
    b) War of the Spider
    c) What happened with other races in Northrend (Drakkari, Kaluak, etc.)
    d) Kel'Thuzad and the Cult of the Damned
    e) The Culling of Stratholm
    f) Arthas and Frostmourne
    g) Fall of Lordaeron
    h) Fall of Quel'Thalas
    i) Fall of Dalaran
    j) Arugal and the Worgen Curse
    k)Flight to Kalimdor
    l) End of the Long Vigil and return of the Druids
    m) Eternity's End

3. The Frozen Throne
    a) Illidan, the Naga and the Eye of Sargeras
    b) Arthas flight, birth of the Forsaken
    c) Sylvanas conquest of Lordaeron
    d) Kael'thas and the Blood Elves
    e) Outland
    f) Arthas campaign in Northrend
    g) Arthas becomes the Lich King

4. A new world
    a) Founding of Theramore
    b) Founding of Durotar
    c) Proudmoore's War
    d) How the Night Elves joined the Alliance
    e) The new Horde
    f) The Defias conflict, Varian's disappearance
    g) Birth of the Scarlet Crusade

5. The Cold War
    a) Conflicts between Horde and Alliance (Warsong lumber camps, Arathi, Alterac, etc.)
    b) Onyxia's conspiracy
    c) Varian's story, return and death of Onyxia
    d) Events at the Molten Core
    e) Nefarian's plans to create a new dragon flight
    f) Return of Hakkar the Soulflayer
    g) War of the Shifting Sands (part 2)
    h) Naxxramas

6. The Burning Crusade
    a) Illidan's rule
    b) The Sons of Lothar and the Draenei
    c) Flight of the Draenei to Azeroth
    d) Rise of the Blood Elves
    e) and so on til the re-igniting of the Sunwell

7. Wrath of the Lich King
    Oh, I'm tired. We all have an idea of what this will be about...
    Day of the Dragon and destruction of the Demon Soul?
    Night of the Dragon depicting the Creation of the Twilight Dragons?
    The Nightmare War on Azeroth in Stormrage?
    Lord of the Clans?

Vol 3 is gonig to cover a LOT.

Keep in mind Vol 2 spent a long time on the 1st and 2nd war.

Vol 3s counter is the 3rd War which has more widespread events in it then the 1st and 2nd war combined.

At the Very least I'm looking forward to Vol 3 cementing some rehashing everything we know but with even more insight. Kind of how they told us more about Lei Shen and his motives and made him cool years after the fact.

These could easily be two different books, not just one.

Oh, I didn't see this:
    Another volume of the World of Warcraft Chronicle series is coming out next year! You can preorder World of Warcraft Chronicle Volume 3 for the March 27, 2018 release now! According to IGN, this one focuses on the events that shaped the modern history of Azeroth and the backstories of Arthas, Illidan, Jaina, and other iconic characters.
    Well, that could certainly explain both Tyrande being on the cover and how they could cover so much history: they may not be. Are the Chronicles going to stop explaining history in (mostly) chronological order and start just giving information as its relevant? The good news is, I was most looking forward to them fixing the inconsistencies of Arthas' story and he's listed as one of the ones getting a backstory, so that's a good sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...the hairstyle she has on the cover is messed up, it's like they tried to combine her current updo with her classic long loose hairstyle...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You might aswell just sum it as TBC being a mess. It's easier.
    WoW's lore in general is a mess.

Things in WoW don't stay dead.
    You know, I remember when this was used as a joke, before Blizzard started to take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    1. Titans were killed in Chronicles. That's correct. However, like Vyve said we don't know if they are the actual titan or an image of them. There are pieces of Lore missing that. What was datamined is not the full picture.

Again Vyve is right, we don't have 7.3 full picture. Yet.
    No, the titans did not fully got killed, Sargeras only "crushed their physical forms" Chronicles Vol.1 says.

Their spirits may live on.