Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    News about brexit:
    easyJet spends £10m starting airline with Austrian Air Operators Certificate to protect post Brexit EU flying rights
    http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10268

Someone should tell them about that estonia stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    News about brexit:
    easyJet spends £10m starting airline with Austrian Air Operators Certificate to protect post Brexit EU flying rights

Do you think all these companies will sue the UK government when the Tories admit in a years time that Brexit is too complicated and too damaging to go ahead, and call it off? They are spending a hell of a lot of money on contingency plans.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Do you think all these companies will sue the UK government when the Tories admit in a years time that Brexit is too complicated and too damaging to go ahead, and call it off? They are spending a hell of a lot of money on contingency plans.
    Personally i think the outcome will be a Brexit*!
    With an external trade court, a Visa regime fundamentally identical to the current free movement, net contributions of a similar scale as today, and with no UK input in the common market rules, that the UK defacto is still a part of.
    Brexit means Brexit!

7+ Year Old Account
    News about brexit:

Lol Easyjet makes half a billion pounds a year and you are reporting them spending a few pennies of that on a brass plate screwed to some apartment door in Vienna to qualify as EU based? Meanwhile it will retain its Luton UK HQ, all UK staff and London stock exchange listing. Jeez you are as bad as that Michelle Barnier guy who can't hear any whistling, here let me help you and him out.....

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Lol Easyjet makes half a billion pounds a year and you are reporting them spending a few pennies of that on a brass plate screwed to some apartment door in Vienna to qualify as EU based? Meanwhile it will retain its Luton UK HQ, all UK staff and London stock exchange listing. Jeez you are as bad as that Michelle Barnier guy who can't hear any whistling, here let me help you and him out.....
    Sooo they have to pay more to retain what they currently have? Winning!
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo they have to pay more to retain what they currently have? Winning!
    Brexit is going to make us pay more for a shittier return, so it could be worse for easyjet..

Yeah... no, that wouldn't meet the requirements for being "EU based".

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It will be up for discussion how much you have to work outside of UK. A nice secretary sitting behind a desk in Vienna is ofc not a valid argument. Split the Luton HQ perhaps and move key positions to Vienna will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    EasyJet have already confirmed that it will retain its Luton HQ and London Stock Exchange listing. Its essentially a £10m insurance policy in case the Brexit negotiations fall apart.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    EasyJet have already confirmed that it will retain its Luton HQ and London Stock Exchange listing. Its essentially a £10m insurance policy in case the Brexit negotiations fall apart.
    And if the cost spread over 10 years was passed on to their passengers would add one whole penny to each flight. If this is the worst thing remoaners can come up with as consequence of Brexit, the EU is doomed. One penny on an easyjet flight for £350 million a week to the NHS, no brainer.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Yes, of course, but past rulings on similar matters were that they need a substantial part of their employees in a EU memberstate to qualify as 'EU based', so what dripples claimed would not be enough. Obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

And if the cost spread over 10 years was passed on to their passengers would add one whole penny to each flight. If this is the worst thing remoaners can come up with as consequence of Brexit, the EU is doomed. One penny on an easyjet flight for £350 million a week to the NHS, no brainer.
    Yes, if the brexit falls though that would be all they have spent, if it happens then there will be more costs at a later date.
    Not because someone came up with it to a 'punishment', but because that are the rules for everyone that the UK took part in coming up with.
    Not that it matters in your imaginary world that exists only in your head and on the side of some bus.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-07-17 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing we can come up with? Did anyone say this was the worst?
    The £350 million to the NHS must be a troll post.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aaand the second meeting between UK and EU teams started and will last until thursday. the positions are still wide apart, but they take shape and so either side gets an imagination what is what on the table.

15+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I agree Barniers mountains of paperwork, rules, regulations and bureaucratic offerings visible on the left, the UK's on the right.

Imagine which side offers the most business friendly environment. That would be the side with the smiley happy people in the pic ready to do business with anyone, not the sourpusses on the left putting obstacles and red tape in the way at every step.

Oh I agree Barniers mountains of paperwork, rules, regulations and bureaucratic offerings visible on the left, the UK's on the right.

Imagine which side offers the most business friendly environment. That would be the side with the smiley happy people in the pic ready to do business with anyone, not the sourpusses on the left putting obstacles and red tape in the way at every step.
    So the people that have turned up with plans, having done proper investigation and analysis, are the problem from your point of view? While the people that have walked in with no idea what the hell they want, that are just winging it, are the way to go?

Take that attitude into pretty much any proper job in the world, and you would be sacked in a pretty short time. But I'll go out on a limb and guess you already have experience of that?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

So the people that have turned up with plans, having done proper investigation and analysis, are the problem from your point of view?
    That was literally the first thing I noticed, even before the demeanor of each side. One side is clearly prepared, with large folders of materials that they will likely be referencing during their discussions.

The other...well one guy looks like he at least remembered to bring a notebook : |

Deleted
    There is another way of looking at this, That is, one side has paperwork, and the other side is their to receive said paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    There is another way of looking at this, That is, one side has paperwork, and the other side is their to receive said paperwork.
    This meeting is part of the negotiations, no? One would imagine that any shared paperwork would have been distributed to both sides prior to the meeting so that it could be discussed/referenced there, rather than waiting for the UK team to read through it all while the EU negotiators twiddle their thumbs.

7+ Year Old Account
    The UK position is very clear and simple, it hasn't changed since before the referendum. No jurisdiction over the UK from the ECJ and how much for an EU trade deal. There it is and could fit on the back of a cigarette packet. It doesn't matter how big a pile of toilet paper Barnier brings to the table when after more than a year the EU still can't give an exact figure of a divorce cash payment they want from the UK. How long do they need?

One simple answer to one simple question, how much? Our response will be yes or no to the figure, the ECJ question is already answered by the referendum, how hard can it be?

No wonder David Davies turned up in Brussels asked the question, received no reply yet again so after just a few minutes took the train back home. To this day, in their rainforest of paperwork, the EU is still spending too much time worrying about bent bananas when the funding that enables their very existence is at risk.

So the people that have turned up with plans, having done proper investigation and analysis, are the problem from your point of view? While the people that have walked in with no idea what the hell they want, that are just winging it, are the way to go?

Take that attitude into pretty much any proper job in the world, and you would be sacked in a pretty short time. But I'll go out on a limb and guess you already have experience of that?
    The UK isn't looking for a job though, it has just handed in notice to one it doesn't want to do any more, that of funding the EU.