Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Eww, only way co-rule is going to happen is if she marries Jon. Which, she technically could, since they're going to end up first cousins instead of half-brother/sister, and marrying your first cousin is a time honored tradition in Westeros. To be fair to your point though, I think she has all rights to the seat, and should have been queen in the North, but the show wanted some source of tension in the North rather than having it be unified in its hate of the Lannisters.
    Probably has more to do with Book Sansa being stuck in the Vale atm, so she won't be there for the resolution.(provided Book Jon has a similar trajectory to TV Jon, I.E being resurrected, heading to winterfell and so forth.)
    Any such tension in the books would come from Rickon being alive and in the custody of the Manderlys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Im gonna assume you heard this from GRRM?
    Given that GRRM Didn't write the episode...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I noticed that too. I thought it was confirmed throughout Westeros that she has 3 dragons, but people act like it's still a myth.
    They haven't seen them yet... I think it was Tyrion who at one point said the last known dragons in the Seven Kingdoms were tiny and sickly, so even if they believe they are real, they have no reason to believe they are huge. Until they see them for themselves its all just hearsay and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    3. Jon - exposing your weakness like that is a path to backstabing again... Sansa was right there. You reward the loyal and punish the traitors.
    Nah son, Jon is right.

Punishing children for the crimes of their fathers is bullshit. Especially the Umbers... You would basically be spitting on Greatjon's grave to strip his house of all honor and dignity because his son was a power hungry cunt in the wake of his death.

The treachery has already been punished, all the traitors are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Given that GRRM Didn't write the episode...
    He did write the way they communicatie. And "twice within a fortnight" tells you fuckall about the actual time during that forthnight.
    Unless GRRM tells you it means something different you know nohing. Goblin.

Im gonna assume you heard this from GRRM?
    It was explicitly stated as within a fortnight not within a week meaning the time between feasts was at the very least 8 days. When all Arya need was 5 minutes with a maester to get what she needed ala Cersei before the battle of the blackwater.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-07-17 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They haven't seen them yet... I think it was Tyrion who at one point said the last known dragons in the Seven Kingdoms were tiny and sickly, so even if they believe they are real, they have no reason to believe they are huge. Until they see them for themselves its all just hearsay and speculation.
    Yeah I just got the notion that there was now a universal belief the dragons were indeed back. I don't remember many references among the King's Landing heads regarding the situation in Essos, but I thought they mentioned it a couple times. Yara, Theon & Euron seemed convinced.

Also little confused at the saltiness of this whole Arya acquiring the poison thing. Is it really that far fetched?

Quote Originally Posted by Faifel View Post
    They consider using tags trolling in this thread.
    Yeah I'm new here, maybe people were taking the piss

I've started to limit my exposure to "thoery" material though, because it really does dampen the events on the show when a formerly speculative potline you heard ends up being true. That's part of the reason I wasn't really impressed with this episode - the theorycrafters nailed most of it before it aired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    It was explicitly stated as within a fortnight not within a week meaning the time between feasts was at the very least 8 days. When all Arya need was 5 minutes with a maester to get what she needed ala Cersei before the battle of the blackwater.
    So the sole reasoning you base that on is "because otherwise they wouldve said week?". Im not gonna check but i dont recall them using normal time abbreviations anywhere.

Deleted
    But she would want all the Freys to come to the Twins, not all of them are there after all.
    Also, a Maester has enough 'poison' (most of it is medicinal) for normal useage.
    Not for the massmurder of dozens of people.
    If you want to nitpick, you are better off complaining about Arya passing as walder for more than an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

He did write the way they communicatie. And "twice within a fortnight" tells you fuckall about the actual time during that forthnight.
    Unless GRRM tells you it means something different you know nohing. Goblin.
    Within a forthnight means within the same 14 days, because that's what it fucking means.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-07-17 at 10:50 PM.

Decent start. Still feel like the writing is going downhill, a lot of cheesy moments "shall we begin?". I think the acting ability differences are extremely noticeable now, most of the female cast sans Lena feel fairly outclassed in their increased roles.

Time will tell, but I'm not bowled over.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Minor quibble with the recent episode: sometimes the plotlines and dialogue seem a bit too contrived and convenient. My example is when Jaime and Cersei are talking and the conversation devolves into Jaime saying, "We need allies, what do you have??" which allows Cersei to be like, "Well actually the Greyjoys are pulling into the harbor right now."

The reason I don't like it is it becomes predictable and you can see how the dialogue is previewing the plot. As soon as I heard Jaime say, "We need allies!" I knew that it was going to be Greyjoy time. A more natural conversation would be for them to discuss options and ideas, maybe Jaime suggest some approaches, whatever, instead of this linear conversation that leads to an obvious result.

I thought the Sansa and Jon Snow dialogue was equally weak. Sansa is all angry then she goes "just kidding I love you". It's turning the characters into devices that are moving the plot forward instead of living breathing people who have things to say.
    All valid criticisms to me. And I'm not a fanboy....and I don't want to jump down the rabbit hole of hypotheticals....but after watching the entire episode - maybe the reason Cersei didn't discuss the Greyjoys with Jaime is because she knew marriage was part of the deal and he'd hate that.

Jon and Sansa though...yeah it's teetering on forced. But it could also be a mix of my anticipation, paranoia, and new theory knowledge that I didn't have with previous seasons. I binge watched Seasons 1-5 so I didn't have these empty spaces of 6 days with a ravenous hunger for knowledge and youtube predictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the books, it'd be a bit different, Sandor will be the hero of the High Sparrow, probably, and thus represent "the People's Champion" vs. the corruption of the Throne, both represented by Cersei and the literal corrupted, undead body of The Mountain.
    Indeed. The way they've hinted at his survival in the books leads you so clearly to him being the High Sparrow's Champion... But to be fair, that doesn't mean he can't become Azor Ahai after .

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    We should start a betting pool on how many variations of "X cunt" the Hound will say from now until the end lol

I bursted out laughing when he called Thoros a bald cunt
    That topknot isn't fooling anyone! Love all the interactions between the Hound and the Brotherhood. Basically the Hound interacting with ANYONE is bound to be funny.

REALLY hoping that him and Arya will meet up again at some point, would love to hear what they have to say to each other, after how they left things... Also, because if ANYONE is going to kill the Hound, it's Arya.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

So the sole reasoning you base that on is "because otherwise they wouldve said week?". Im not gonna check but i dont recall them using normal time abbreviations anywhere.
    The term Week is used in the books and in the show, the hound uses it when he is trying to goad Arya into killing him. Saying his saddle stun for weeks after killing the butchers boy.

And yes that's my reasoning as fortnight and week are diffrent terms of measurement just as foot and mile are.

Again Arya would have everything she needed in one conversation with a maester. 5 minutes of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    All valid criticisms to me. And I'm not a fanboy....and I don't want to jump down the rabbit hole of hypotheticals....but after watching the entire episode - maybe the reason Cersei didn't discuss the Greyjoys with Jaime is because she knew marriage was part of the deal and he'd hate that.

Jon and Sansa though...yeah it's teetering on forced. But it could also be a mix of my anticipation, paranoia, and new theory knowledge that I didn't have with previous seasons. I binge watched Seasons 1-5 so I didn't have these empty spaces of 6 days with a ravenous hunger for knowledge and youtube predictions.
    Its worth keeping in mind that much of the dialogue in the first 5 seasons was coming straight from the books. GRRM has 40+ years of experience in writing dialogue and is obviously much better at characterizing the characters he created and knowing what they would say and how they would react. D&D while being credited as writers were really just straight adapting much of what is in the books up until last season. Now they are just working off a rough outline and having to fill in all the dialogue themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post

Arya and Nymeria reunion, bitches!!
    Dornechick kissing Yara Greyjoy might actually be more interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

That topknot isn't fooling anyone! Love all the interactions between the Hound and the Brotherhood. Basically the Hound interacting with ANYONE is bound to be funny.

REALLY hoping that him and Arya will meet up again at some point, would love to hear what they have to say to each other, after how they left things... Also, because if ANYONE is going to kill the Hound, it's Arya.
    Yeah "bringing back" the Hound was a genius move, its just a great character played by a great actor, everything just meshes well.
    Doubt Arya is the one to end his line tho, thinking either a sacrifice to save Arya or him just living might be more likely.
    The Hound fighting white walkers with a fucking giant valyrian steel 2h sword has to happen first tho :<
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2017-07-17 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    But she would want all the Freys to come to the Twins, not all of them are there after all.
    Also, a Maester has enough 'poison' (most of it is medicinal) for normal useage.
    Not for the massmurder of dozens of people.
    If you want to nitpick, you are better off complaining about Arya passing as walder for more than an hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Within a forthnight means within the same 14 days, because that's what it fucking means.
    She wanted to gather all of them, all the frey males are gone, that's why Lannister forces were sent back in to pacify the riverlands, Jamie and Cersei even talk about this the Freys(at least the males are gone).

Remember this gem?

Essence of Nightshade is a medical substance used in small doses as an anti-anxiety formula, but large doses are fatal. A single drop added to a cup of wine will calm frayed nerves, and three drops will put a person into a deep, dreamless sleep. Ten drops, even diluted into a cup of wine, are fatal.
    Essence of nightshide is common sleep aid/nerve calmer every castle would have a stockpile of, this is just an example, let alone the kinds of poisons the castle of a backstabber like Walder Frey holds

Deleted
    She wanted to gather all of them, all the frey males are gone, that's why Lannister forces were sent back in to pacify the riverlands, Jamie and Cersei even talk about this the Freys(at least the males are gone).
    I said this?

Essence of nightshide is common sleep aid/nerve calmer every castle would have a stockpile of, this is just an example, let alone the kinds of poisons the castle of a backstabber like Walder Frey holds
    Yes, Do note:
    Ten drops, even diluted into a cup of wine, are fatal.
    There were Dozens of Cups.
    Again, it would take the Maester more than five minutes to conjure up that much of it.

Eww, only way co-rule is going to happen is if she marries Jon. Which, she technically could, since they're going to end up first cousins instead of half-brother/sister, and marrying your first cousin is a time honored tradition in Westeros. To be fair to your point though, I think she has all rights to the seat, and should have been queen in the North, but the show wanted some source of tension in the North rather than having it be unified in its hate of the Lannisters.
    Well if anyone in Westeros could pull off co-ruling without being married it would be those two, the North seems like a pretty wild place where no actual fucks would be given. THAT BEING SAID, did you catch that camera close-up of Sansa grabbing Jon's hand? Haven't seen that in the show for friendly platonic touch, the close up makes it seem significant. Could be some romantic foreboding.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Haven't seen that in the show for friendly platonic touch, the close up makes it seem significant. Could be some romantic foreboding.
    Knowing GoT that likely means Sansa will cross John at some point and is faking faith at this point.
    Thats it, they wont marry Sansa-John ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Knowing GoT that likely means Sansa will cross John at some point and is faking faith at this point.
    Thats it, they wont marry Sansa-John ever.
    That could be, good point. I hope not regarding the bolded, it would be really weird and forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That could be, good point. I hope not regarding the bolded, it would be really weird and forced.
    Ned died for finding out the secret about Jaime/Cersei, John/Sansa would be on the same level.
    So perhaps, in some twisted worlds this is how they want to end the series but it would just be creepy.
    Besides; John would go from a wildlinglover to King of the North and then to screwing his little sister?
    A match with Danny i could see happen, since she already expressed the 'marriage for gain' concept earlier on with the slavemaster.