Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I blame the human condition; increasingly sedentary life-style + cheap junk food is, well, cheaper than actually healthy foods...compounded that said sedentary lifestyle (computers, phones, other handheld devices with your 'social' life going on via said devices, and not physically).

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I blame the human condition; increasingly sedentary life-style + cheap junk food is, well, cheaper than actually healthy foods...compounded that said sedentary lifestyle (computers, phones, other handheld devices with your 'social' life going on via said devices, and not physically).
    I've looked at this and I've come to the determination it's bullshit. Maybe premade "healthy" food is more expensive but actually buying ingredients and making your own meals is much cheaper. Sure it seems more expensive because your are spending more at once but you get many more meals out of it.

People are fat because the foods that taste the best cause people to be fat. And being the simple animals we are as a species, food -- and taste -- are major priorities for our brains. Normally that wouldn't be an issue because we'd have to go out and gather and/or hunt those foods down, and when we did, it wouldn't be concentrated or offered in such abundant amounts on a regular basis.

But the combination of not having to work hard, having a society built around leisure and free-time, and brains that haven't had the chance to evolve and adapt to those changes, leads to lots and lots of obesity.

It's not a corporation's fault. Sure, they make the substances available, and they make them available for cheap, but that's because fat, sugar, and other high-calorie foods *are* abundant because they *were* necessary for humans to survive in the wild. We needed all that fuel once upon a time, and if it wasn't abundant in nature, we'd have never been.

The reverse is true when it comes to exercise. It's neither natural nor beneficial to animals to perform unnecessary work, and that's exactly what exercise is. It's not something done to acquire food, escape from predators, or build shelters. And there's a reason our bodies fight against it so vehemently, even if when you *actually* do it your body rewards you with yummy feel-good drugs; but that feeling is fleeting and easily forgotten by the body and the brain. It exists purely to help you keep going in those circumstances when you are hunting food or trying to escape a predator, and if your body and brain would remember how good it feels, you'd burn through all your enemy on a regular basis, thereby rendering you weak and vulnerable in those situations.

Or, in a nutshell: It's nature's fault that obesity rates are increasing (and they are in France, too; 40% of their population is overweight, with 1 out of every 4 of those being obese, no matter what Mr. I Pull Shit Out of My Ass Regarding Beaches thinks), but only because nature gave us the tools to develop our intelligence and build civiliations that counter everything else nature gave us.

Until we can develop the technology to stop making high-energy foods taste good, or the technology to cause us to burn through it more effectively, those rates will continue to climb. With or without corporations churning out the aforementioned concentrated food products. That, or evolution kicks in and makes those who have the willpower, fortitude, and metabolism to keep fit despite the offerings eventually win out. But considering how modern society works, that's never going to happen as the gene pool will continue to be polluted by all those bad genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The shitposting going on on these forums is starting to get out of hand.
    I've been visiting these forums since 2010 and the shitposting has always been here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget to blame the government some. For some reason we spend billions subsidizing sugar beet and corn (syrup) growers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Individuals are ultimately responsible for their behaviors, regardless of whether or not the environment contributes.

Deleted
    What happened to good old personal responsibility? If you're fat, it's either cause you have no willpower or you just don't care. Either way, it's your own fault.

thats neat
    i blame fat people for being fat

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I've been visiting these forums since 2010 and the shitposting has always been here.
    Naturally.

As someone also having been here since 2010, I still feel like there's an increase atm.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I've looked at this and I've come to the determination it's bullshit. Maybe premade "healthy" food is more expensive but actually buying ingredients and making your own meals is much cheaper. Sure it seems more expensive because your are spending more at once but you get many more meals out of it.
    It isn't around here. A proper healthy diet is more expensive than a 'normie' diet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't blame McDonalds for selling cheeseburgers.
    They are a business. A business looks to make profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    What happened to good old personal responsibility? If you're fat, it's either cause you have no willpower or you just don't care. Either way, it's your own fault.
    Because that's not how things work. It's not black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Naturally.

As someone also having been here since 2010, I still feel like there's an increase atm.
    It comes and goes in waves. Depends on who is banned at the moment. Also pretty sure a couple of the regular shitposters get banned on multiple accounts right after another.

I am fat. Nobody but me ever put food in my mouth.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Varying metabolism and lack of self control are both a meme

the answer are fucked up leptin and gherlin levels
    The answer is don't take in more calories than you can burn.

Blaming metabolism is like whining someone else was born into money instead of poverty. Control what you can control and stop worry about other people.

I have a friend who could literally eat a tub of butter and not gain weight. Tough shit for me, I can't do that, so I don't.

Ah, the weekly soft-bigotry thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Varying metabolism and lack of self control are both a meme

the answer are fucked up leptin and gherlin levels
    ye ye ye - how often i hear this - "my metabolism is fucked up" or "its hormons problem in my case " - and then when i ask them when was the last time you were in gym or done some fit activity - "well you know few years ago but its poinltess because hormones/metabolism in my case"

bs - complete bs - ofc they are fat pigs when they do nothing- i would belive if they told me - i work out 5 days a week and still have overweight because hormones - but not if they dont do anything and toss blame somewhere else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    I am four inches taller, and 20lbs thinner. Maybe that's why i have issues ^.^!
    Could be, I have a very average build. So it is super easy for me to find clothes.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Blaming metabolism is like whining someone else was born into money instead of poverty. Control what you can control and stop worry about other people.
    I have a friend who could literally eat a tub of butter and not gain weight. Tough shit for me, I can't do that, so I don't.
    I am inclined to agree.

A lot of people say "But I have a slower metabolism and/or tend to gain weight faster than others" - but at the end of the day, I don't see how that is really relevant. Then you just can't eat as much as those others, that's just how it is.
    Just like - for example - not everyone can run the same distances without falling over. If I'd try to run a marathon, I'd probably die if I was trying to force it. Others can do it with relative ease. Tough luck for me.

I blame people. They know they're fat. Do they stop? No, they come up with excuses to keep eating.
    Corporations earn profit because obviously fatties spend more cash to stuff emselves with food. Profitable. Now do corporations think healthy lifestyle and being fit is good? No, because that way fat people are going to buy less stuff.
    So corporations invent an idea -- fat-shaming is bad and being fat is good. Idiots that fall for this stuff die early of heart disease/ overweight and rid humanity of their bad genes.
    See, everyone's happy! so I wouldn't blame corporations for they are simply agents of natural selection in this case.