Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    at least for once, the cop who did this will get in trouble, cant be killing attractive white women for no reason
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Picture this, pointing at drivers side, accidentally pulling the trigger while getting it out of the rack.
    Why is his booger hook on the bang switch?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's a good question. Tax payers are shoveling out millions of dollars in police brutality payments. Something needs to change.

Hey Republicans, party of fiscal responsibility, what should we do to stop the police from brutalizing people and costing us millions?
    idk, they don't have very good representation where most of these happen.

Mostly they happen in highly blue areas, occasional in red areas, but ya, republicans don't control these areas

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    There's two reasons to hold off on releasing a police report.

One is that the report is damning and they don't want to release it.
    The other is they're still trying to write it.
    Lets hope they don't get to creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I have said this hundreds of times and people don't seem to take my warnings seriously.
    Well, you best not give your honest opinion about the US here, or you'll get infracted or banned in a sec. Meanwhile, Skroe is free to call for war and genocide on Russia, Everyone can hate on Cuba and Venezuela or just about any non-western country as much as they want.

I used to think people who claimed the mods were biased on MMO-C was just overly dramatic. Now I rather think they were right.

Back to the topic at hand: The US need disarming, and that includes the police. Guns are simply too accessible, and the constant murders and shooting cheapens lives in the subconscious of both police and citizenry.

The guy was the first Somali-American cop, you can just hear the alt-right having an orgasm over this.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I guess all we can take from this is, if you are in need of help don't call the cops.
    Buy a gun and and you won't need to be afraid just because you heard a sound outside. And you won't need to call the cops.

Comparing 2 sources on the incident:

Beginning paragraphs from Vox article published at 7:31pm on July 17

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...e-damond-video
    It has been several days since a police officer in Minneapolis shot a 40-year-old woman in the alley behind her house. Since then, we’ve learned little about what happened.

Here’s what we do know: On Saturday night, local police responded to a 911 call about a possible assault in an alley behind the home of Justine Damond, who worked as a yoga and meditation instructor. According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, officers pulled in to the alley, and Damond, still in her pajamas, approached the driver’s side door. At some point, the officer in the passenger’s seat shot and killed Damond. There were no weapons found at the scene, meaning Damond was unarmed.

That’s it. We haven’t heard the 911 call that prompted police to go to Damond’s house, and we don’t have an explanation for why the officer opened fire. The officers’ body cameras weren’t on during the shooting, and the police car’s camera apparently didn’t capture the incident.

The shooting has quickly received international attention, because Damond is from Australia and was set to be married soon. Damond’s family in Australia is now demanding a federal investigation into the shooting.
    Beginning paragraphs from World Net Daily article published at 6:56pm on July 17

http://www.wnd.com/2017/07/cop-named...-called-9-1-1/

The Minneapolis cop who shot and killed a 40-year-old woman after she called 9-1-1 to report a possible crime near her home was identified Monday as the precinct’s first Somali-American officer — Mohamed Noor.

Noor has only been a police officer for two years and has already been sued for alleged unprofessional behavior. The May 2017 lawsuit also involved a female and accusations of brutality.
    KSTP, citing a source with direct knowledge of the shooting, reported that Noor was sitting in the passenger seat of the squad car at the time of the shooting and “shot across his partner” at Damond, who approached the officers’ car in her pajamas and began talking to the officer in the driver’s seat.

One of Damond’s friends, who identified herself only by her first name, Hannah, told the Star-Tribune that there was “no way” Damond would have been armed.
    Isn't it strange that Vox declared "that's it" as to what information they have, in an article published half an hour after another article that had far more information? It seems like more information is out there, yet certain outlets are not presenting it.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Isn't it strange that Vox declared "that's it" as to what information they have, in an article published half an hour after another article that had far more information? It seems like more information is out there, yet certain outlets are not presenting it.
    The omission of those details actually could be seen as having two levels of distortion in there.

One to appease the left that doesn't want to see black on white portrayed in the headline. No race details.
    Two to appease the right that doesn't want to see out of control police as the headline. No record details.

It is also possible that they're just shitty reporters too.

Either way, nice catch.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2017-07-18 at 01:40 AM.

Wow. And all because she was black.

I honestly can't even understand this story. Presumably there's a lot more yet to come out.

So far the only sane explanation is accidental fire I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    The guy was the first Somali-American cop, you can just hear the alt-right having an orgasm over this.
    But it conflicts with their other maxim, the cop is always right and the dead perp is always a dirtbag.

I guess they just assume that the cop is white and the perp is black or Muslim. This is like opposite day for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    How many points is an aussie woman worth? Probably not much.
    White person shot by black Muslim cop, that's... negative points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    The omission of those details actually could be seen as having two levels of distortion in there.

One to appease the left that doesn't want to see black on white portrayed in the headline. No race details.
    Two to appease the right that doesn't want to see out of control police as the headline. No record details.

It is also possible that they're just shitty reporters too.

Either way, nice catch.
    Vox updated their article to mention the name of the officer about 20 minutes ago. the update cites the name of the officer and focuses on the fact that the body cameras of the officers involved were not turned on.

They once again stated:'
    That’s all we know so far.
    Yet the article is still excluding information released by the local news affiliate several hours ago. Vox is withholding information in their article while at the same time stating that they are providing all of the known information. They have not provided information in their article in regards to three prior complaints against the officer involved, and most notably does not include the testimony given by a witness to the incident that has been reported on in other sources.

Even CNN has done a more thorough job reporting on this.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Vague as fuck story so everyone in the thread starts nation bashing. How pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, black lives matter !

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    2004-2007, so try again. As much as people want to say the US police are trigger happy, they were a thousand times more beat the shit out of you happy in Germany.
    Surely you have a source?
    I have spent some time in Germany in 2005 and think your claim is either baseless paranoia or simply made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Saw this last evening and it's pretty heart-breaking. She was going to marry a guy soon and was loooing forward to having a step-son.

Once again, how is it that even while having body-cams there is some ridiculous reason that they weren't conveniently turned on? If it happened once I would understand, happened a few more times I would be doubtful but could be a coincidence, but when it has happened consistently in several cases in the past years and it's the one thing that can clear any doubts about who was at fault, then I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that there is a good reason why this camera footage isn't available and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what.
    It really is a joke at this point. Best believe the body-cams will be on, if it supports a cops story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So the other article stated the explanation why she was shot?
    Can you underline the exact words? I seem to have missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I wonder how many vacationers realize that when they walk into an American 7-11 to get a slurpee, the guy at the counter most likely has a loaded shotgun within arms reach.

It always caught me off guard in Hawaii when I had to think "oh yeah, I was most likely standing closer to a firearm than I ever have in my life while getting my ice cream"

It's fucked up, but most Americans don't think so.
    That makes it even more so.
    Some privately owned place maybe. Any sort of chain or company own store isn't going to allow armed employees like that. If it is in a place dangerous to need a gun the checkout stand is surrounded with a cage or plexiglass. This isn't some 80s B action movie.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Officer Mohammed Noor, who joined the Minneapolis Police Department a little over two years ago, fired multiple shots at Sydney-raised Damond from the passenger seat of his vehicle.
    Multiple shots sounds less like an accident and more like a panic shooting, esp with:
    A mobile phone was reportedly found near Damond's body.
    "Help its a black object, she's going to gun us all down !"

The Washington Post reported Damond is one of at least 524 people fatally shot by police in the US this year and and the fifth in Minnesota
    Ouch, only half way through the year, too. Maybe Trump should enact a travel ban on police departments, they're obviously much more dangerous than terrorists !

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Ouch, only half way through the year, too. Maybe Trump should enact a travel ban on police departments, they're obviously much more dangerous than terrorists !
    Relax, most of the were probably liberals. (Direct quote from coworker after an earlier round of police shootings. I don't fear terrorists, but I always keep one eye peeled for the morning shift.)