For fuck sakes, let the poison thing go. Showing any build up of how she got it would have completely destroyed the surprise of her eliminating them all in one clean stroke.

Anywho, I am curious how the walkers are going to get past the wall. Did Bran fuck up somehow by crossing the wall? They just going to walk around?

Also, I think they meant to show that one giant walker and have us think Wun Wun because it's the one we could relate to. But it was more for the message of ya we raise these fuckers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    For fuck sakes, let the poison thing go. Showing any build up of how she got it would have completely destroyed the surprise of her eliminating them all in one clean stroke.

Anywho, I am curious how the walkers are going to get past the wall. Did Bran fuck up somehow by crossing the wall? They just going to walk around?

Also, I think they meant to show that one giant walker and have us think Wun Wun because it's the one we could relate to. But it was more for the message of ya we raise these fuckers too.
    The Hound said something about a fort at the end of the wall on the coast when he was looking into the flames, I got the idea that it was a weak point.

But maybe not.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The Hound said something about a fort at the end of the wall on the coast when he was looking into the flames, I got the idea that it was a weak point.

But maybe not.
    The one John just gave to the Wildlings to defend?

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep trying to tempt myself from not saying it but it's Jon mate, not john!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    So now you can speak for his mother and randomly decide how his name should be spelled?
    First GRRM tried to take this away from her, then Ned Stark thought he had the right and now suddenly "Jon Stark' of house MMO-Champ decides on how we should spell the name of our King of the North?!
    Madness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    The Hound fighting white walkers with a fucking giant FLAMING valyrian steel 2h sword has to happen first tho :<
    Fixed that for you.

But yeah, I'm not saying that the Hound WILL die... I'm just saying that if they decided to kill him off, I would only be okay with it if Arya was the one to do it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Thanks, was going to say something earlier but decided it wasn't worth it.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    So now you can speak for his mother and randomly decide how his name should be spelled?
    First GRRM tried to take this away from her, then Ned Stark thought he had the right and now suddenly "Jon Stark' of house MMO-Champ decides on how we should spell the name of our King of the North?!
    Madness!
    How dare you question the King of the North!? When they know my true name, they'll all cower in fear!
    Also, "of house MMO-champ", that's gold man. Love it.

OT: I really want to see Lyanna Mormont in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I said this?

Yes, Do note:

There were Dozens of Cups.
    Again, it would take the Maester more than five minutes to conjure up that much of it.
    Its a common sleep aid that Tyrion recommends to a restless Sansa when they are wed and that Tywin orders Pycelle to give to Joffrey, the vial Pycelle gives Cersci had enough to kill a few people, your average castle would have jars/jugs of it in storage. Especially one with a brood as big as the Twins, like i said this is just an example. Walder probably had worse in his stores.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's complicated figuring out the effect of the lack of books on the series. Maybe this wouldn't have bothered me as much if I had the books because the books really do flesh things out. I'm actually trying to avoid more theories this year the shows are better without them.

The other minor thing that bothered me is, how in holy hell do the Greyjoys have 1000 ships? I googled and the wiki says that the Greyjoys could raise 20k fighting men and each ship requires 50 oarsmen, which puts us at 400 at most.

To me this strikes me as d & d conveniently making the bad guys randomly stronger (similar to what they did with house Frey).
    According to a semi-canon source from 2005, the Iron Isles can raise approximately twenty thousand men and five hundred longships.[10] The Iron Fleet alone consists of one hundred ships which are three times larger than the standard longship.[11] A longship such as Sea Bitch has fifty oars, while Great Kraken and Iron Victory are larger.[9] George R. R. Martin has indicated that the major lords of the ironborn can each float around a hundred ships.[12] The only fleets comparable to those of the Iron Islands are the royal fleet in the crownlands and the Redwyne fleet at the Arbor.[13]
    Your using a semi canon source from 12 years ago when talking about the show now. The Islands have thralls who can work oars who wouldn't be counted in those faulty fighting men figures anyway.

To me this strikes me as you conveniently making D & D seem randomly dumber. House Frey is strong in the show because they are the defacto lords of the Riverlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

But maybe not.
    It's either through Eastwatch by the sea - the castle in question - or that mark the night king gave Bran last season will somehow allow them to break through the Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    To me this strikes me as you conveniently making D & D seem randomly dumber. House Frey is strong in the show because they are the defacto lords of the Riverlands.
    Besides that, they're not even shown to be strong. Jaime dresses them down for being useless weaklings when he has to come out there in person to break seige because they got kicked out of their own castle by Stark loyalists.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I think it being 2 weeks is worse than being 2 days, because that means A) No one found Walder Freys dead body in two weeks, and, more unbelievably, B) Arya impersonated a man she never met for 2 weeks without anyone being suspicious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think it being 2 weeks is worse than being 2 days, because that means A) No one found Walder Freys dead body in two weeks, and, more unbelievably, B) Arya impersonated a man she never met for 2 weeks without anyone being suspicious.
    Did you really ignore the fact where she before impersonated a servant girl?....

I imagine she spent some time observing him beforehand.

Walder was old, crass and a little excentric, all perfect covers for suspicious behaviour. S/he could just tell them to fuck off and mind their own business, and they'd do it and think it was perfectly normal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Besides that, they're not even shown to be strong. Jaime dresses them down for being useless weaklings when he has to come out there in person to break seige because they got kicked out of their own castle by Stark loyalists.
    Ya perhaps strong isn't the best word, more like incompetent bootlickers who are the only ones the lannisters can trust not to turn on them.

I thought the episode was pretty decent overall.

Not a huge fan of Arya wiping out the entirety of the Frey's, though. In the books, at least, they're not all presented as being rotten to the core. I won't exactly miss them in the show since they're not particularly pleasant but at the same time one of the strongest appeals of the story for me is the consequences that emerge from various actions - I don't feel like she should be let off the hook for being so bloodthirsty. Overall, that scene just felt a bit too 'fanservicey'.

Cersei's scenes were great. You can tell she's slipping further towards insanity. She's my favourite character, admittedly, but I've resigned myself to the fact that she'll probably die soon. I just hope she takes out as many other characters as possible before that point. She's justified in her vengeance against Ellaria and the Sand Snakes so I'm hoping she'll off them somehow.

Not a fan of Sam's montage - it was pretty vile and as a character he bores me. It doesn't help that he's a bit of an author self insert either.

The Hound's scenes were great, though. I liked seeing his reaction to the fate of the farmer and farmer's daughter. It shows how much he's changed.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode, at any rate.

She was posing as the servant girl for who knows how long, i think Walder even grabbed her ass, pretty much telling her every thing she needed to know.

The twins is over a river, so once she had his face she easily could have dumped him. a naked body with no face and a perfectly fine Walder walking around means even if the body washed up no one would think it was Walder.

Knowing he was lecherous old stoat even gets her out of having to have sex with Walder's wife, tho i guess taking his face might let her take his cock to? She could lock Walders chambers saying he found a new favorite serving girl to father a bastard with and that she was staying in his chambers for now.

I really liked the first episode. It gave a lot of character progression to many characters. It was very fast paced in that sense. Could I have done without the halftime show by Ed Sheeran? sure. But even in that scene we got to see Arya sit down with a bunch of Lannister soldiers. All cool. Can't wait for Nymeria next week omfg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    To me this strikes me as d & d conveniently making the bad guys randomly stronger (similar to what they did with house Frey).
    Ever since they ran out of book to adapt from, convenience has been the name of the game. It's become pretty transparent and predictable. Character motivations, politics, and realism has taken a backseat to spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I thought the episode was pretty decent overall.

Not a huge fan of Arya wiping out the entirety of the Frey's, though. In the books, at least, they're not all presented as being rotten to the core. I won't exactly miss them in the show since they're not particularly pleasant but at the same time one of the strongest appeals of the story for me is the consequences that emerge from various actions - I don't feel like she should be let off the hook for being so bloodthirsty. Overall, that scene just felt a bit too 'fanservicey'.

Cersei's scenes were great. You can tell she's slipping further towards insanity. She's my favourite character, admittedly, but I've resigned myself to the fact that she'll probably die soon. I just hope she takes out as many other characters as possible before that point. She's justified in her vengeance against Ellaria and the Sand Snakes so I'm hoping she'll off them somehow.

Not a fan of Sam's montage - it was pretty vile and as a character he bores me. It doesn't help that he's a bit of an author self insert either.

The Hound's scenes were great, though. I liked seeing his reaction to the fate of the farmer and farmer's daughter. It shows how much he's changed.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode, at any rate.
    The thing is we don't know to what degree all of them were involved, Arya isn't a good person tho she is a borderline psychotic killer so she probably didn't care to ask each one individually what their hand was in the event. This is paralleled with the lannister soldiers when we see her eyeing the weapons probably figuring out how to kill them all in her head before she even really starts talking to them, which she might still do. I doubt her path is leading to a happy ending.