Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Google Planned Parenthood.
    Planned Parenthood can not use federal funds to provide abortions, those funds must be allocated to other uses.

Doesn't use federal funding for abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Planned Parenthood can not use federal funds to provide abortions, those funds must be allocated to other uses.
    Medicaid is federal funding the last time I checked.

Medicaid is federal funding the last time I checked.
    Medicaid can not use federal funding to pay for an abortion. If a state so chooses, it may allow state funding to be used to pay for the cost of an abortion through Medicaid, but again that would not be federal funding.

I'm assuming the purpose is to ask the base what they want the president to focus on which is an understandable goal for a politician. Like I've said, if you don't like the questions just vote no and say why you don't like them.
    You're missing the point: given that they appear to word the questions with specific and predictable results in mind, what makes this at all valuable?

It really seems that the point of this survey/poll is not to get any actionable information, but to pander to voters by "listening."
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2017-07-18 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Medicaid can not use federal funding to pay for an abortion. If a state so chooses, it may allow state funding to be used to pay for the cost of an abortion through Medicaid, but again that would not be federal funding.
    The Hyde Amendment is loosely enforced, PP can still find ways to use federal funding for abortions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You're missing the point: given that they appear to word the questions with specific and predictable results in mind, what makes this at all valuable?

It really appears that the point of this survey/poll is not to get any actionable information, but to pander to voters by "listening."
    If more people vote yes on one question than another, supposedly the administration will react to that.

The Hyde Amendment is loosely enforced, PP can still find ways to use federal funding for abortions.
    And at the end of the day the question is still sloppy, as at the federal level tax payer funding of abortions is still on paper not a priority, so how can it then be 'less of a priority'? The question is intentionally misleading and you know it.

But I'ma go to bed, so if you want you can have this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google is going to have another child?! Let's just hope it doesn't draw government funding to abort it like it did Google Plus.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

You are right it isn't for people like you. It is for Republicans and more specifically, Trump's base. I'll go through some of the questions that you did.

You said: "Fucking all the whats. This is pure fearmongering without even trying to hide it."

Other western countries are becoming increasingly more Muslim, many of whom support Sharia law. The U.S. has a relatively lax immigration policy so this trend could happen in the U.S. unless the government stopped it. If the question was "pure fearmongering" they would not add the word "potential" to the question.
    Lax immigration policy? It takes more than a year in some cases to be accepted as an immigrant or refugee in the US. The latter especially go through absolute tons of red tape at the UN first, then the US does a very comprehensive check. Illegal immigration coming from the south is another matter of course, but last I checked Hispanics were as Christian as they come.

The US suffering a ''spread of Sharia law'' is about as likely as them becoming communist because some Cubans got into the country.

And the point is, leading questions is just about the #1 thing that makes a survey worthless from a statistical standpoint. ''Just say no'' kinda ignores how people respond to surveys and how interested groups interpret said nos. There wouldn't be entire schools of thoughts around statistics and surveying if it was a simple matter. And there's no way half these questions aren't leading.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reality of politics is quite different from how it is supposed to be. Politicians are elected on platforms and unless they don't want to be reelected, they stick to those platforms. I know liberals want to pretend that politicians are less self-interested than businessmen but that is not the case.
    Politicians SHOULD represent the interests of the people they represent. Even if they do not believe in the same things, I admire a politician who is willing to go against their own convictions and principles to take on the will and the heart of the people. Which is why I have a good hearty guffaw every time a conservative's criticism of a liberal politician is that they're "pandering". Why yes, a politician is choosing to represent the values of the people who are voting them into office. That's how it should work.

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed that most conservatives are willing to take up the values and principles of their elected officials (rather than the officials taking upon the values of their constituents). If Trump (or any other worshiped right wing leader) were to order their constituents to bark, you'd hear what would sound like a thunderous hoard of dogs across the nation all barking in unison to the order of dear leader. This election proved that to me for much of the right wing, that they are simply waiting for their leaders to tell them what is right and wrong, rather than doing what they should be doing, telling their leaders what is right and wrong.

They tell their constituents that government, especially big government is bad, and wants to rule your lives. They tell you that liberals are big government. And look what happens. They tell you that it's immigrants taking your jobs, and rather than looking into the real reasons for job loss, the "real America" believed whole heartedly that it was immigrants taking jobs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

there already is a federal law blocking taxpayer funding of abortions, but i'm sure you are going pull some semantic bs to try and justify the misleading question, that plays on the fact most of the gop base's ignorance and bible thumbing.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2017-07-18 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Lax immigration policy? It takes more than a year in some cases to be accepted as an immigrant or refugee in the US. The latter especially go through absolute tons of red tape at the UN first, then the US does a very comprehensive check. Illegal immigration coming from the south is another matter of course, but last I checked Hispanics were as Christian as they come.

The US suffering a ''spread of Sharia law'' is about as likely as them becoming communist because some Cubans got into the country.

And the point is, leading questions is just about the #1 thing that makes a survey worthless from a statistical standpoint. ''Just say no'' kinda ignores how people respond to surveys and how interested groups interpret said nos. There wouldn't be entire schools of thoughts around statistics and surveying if it was a simple matter. And there's no way half these questions aren't leading.
    I said relatively lax. Try immigrating to Japan sometime and see how that works out. The odds of America suffering from Sharia are slim but that is not the case with other western countries, I have no problem with keeping it that way in the states. Cubans are a bad comparison, they fled communism while Muslim immigrants don't flee Islam.

It doesn't matter if they are leading questions when they are meant for a specific group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Politicians SHOULD represent the interests of the people they represent. Even if they do not believe in the same things, I admire a politician who is willing to go against their own convictions and principles to take on the will and the heart of the people. Which is why I have a good hearty guffaw every time a conservative's criticism of a liberal politician is that they're "pandering". Why yes, a politician is choosing to represent the values of the people who are voting them into office. That's how it should work.

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed that most conservatives are willing to take up the values and principles of their elected officials (rather than the officials taking upon the values of their constituents). If Trump (or any other worshiped right wing leader) were to order their constituents to bark, you'd hear what would sound like a thunderous hoard of dogs across the nation all barking in unison to the order of dear leader. This election proved that to me for much of the right wing, that they are simply waiting for their leaders to tell them what is right and wrong, rather than doing what they should be doing, telling their leaders what is right and wrong.

They tell their constituents that government, especially big government is bad, and wants to rule your lives. They tell you that liberals are big government. And look what happens. They tell you that it's immigrants taking your jobs, and rather than looking into the real reasons for job loss, the "real America" believed whole heartedly that it was immigrants taking jobs.
    I would suggest looking into how Republicans in congress have obstructed parts of Trump's agenda that they didn't like and how Trump rightfully has a relatively low approval rating with most Republicans compared to past Republican presidents. Big government is bad whether it be a liberal or Trump populist type government. The solution to people like Trump has always been limited government and both sides have long been playing the role of increasing the power of the executive and the government in general because they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.

You really think Democrats didn't fall in line for Obama when his healthcare plan raised premiums and lowered individual choice in healthcare plans? Or when his unconstitutional drone program helped cause instability in the greater Middle East? Or when he destroyed his integrity by going after Tea Party groups with the IRS?

You could take everything you just said and flip it on the other party but you won't because you're as partisan as they come.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2017-07-18 at 05:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest looking into how Republicans in congress have obstructed parts of Trump's agenda that they didn't like and how Trump rightfully has a relatively low approval rating with most Republicans compared to past Republican presidents. Big government is bad whether it be a liberal or Trump populist type government. The solution to people like Trump has always been limited government and both sides have long been playing the role of increasing the power of the executive and the government in general because they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so.

You really think Democrats didn't fall in line for Obama when his healthcare plan raised premiums and lowered individual choice in healthcare plans? Or when his unconstitutional drone program helped cause instability in the greater Middle East? Or when he destroyed his integrity by going after Tea Party groups with the IRS?

You could take everything you just said and flip it on the other party but you won't because you're as partisan as they come.
    A very few smart Republicans have truly "opposed" Trump. The rest have either been quietly complicit or have jumped in line and barked when Trump has told them to bark. The opposition you're claiming exists just isn't there. The one reason Trumpcare hasn't passed is because the far right lunatics don't believe it kills enough people. That's about the extent of it.

What I said could be flipped on the other party? Isn't it a point of pride and/or just simple self-satisfaction that Republicans love to point out just how much opposition Obama met in his first two years that he barely got anything done? I'm fairly certain that the Democrat opposition to Obama was just as much masturbatory material for conservatives as Republican opposition was.

Ahhhh but I wasn't simply referring to the Republicans in Washington who hold high seats following the leader. I'm referring to the hoards of alt-right doges who have an excuse ready for every Trump blunder and a bark for every time he offers to throw them a treat.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-07-18 at 05:49 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    A very few smart Republicans have truly "opposed" Trump. The rest have either been quietly complicit or have jumped in line and barked when Trump has told them to bark. The opposition you're claiming exists just isn't there. The one reason Trumpcare hasn't passed is because the far right lunatics don't believe it kills enough people. That's about the extent of it.

What I said could be flipped on the other party? Isn't it a point of pride and/or just simple self-satisfaction that Republicans love to point out just how much opposition Obama met in his first two years that he barely got anything done? I'm fairly certain that the Democrat opposition to Obama was just as much masturbatory material for conservatives as Republican opposition was.

Ahhhh but I wasn't simply referring to the Republicans in Washington who hold high seats following the leader. I'm referring to the hoards of alt-right doges who have an excuse ready for every Trump blunder and a bark for every time he offers to throw them a treat.
    Whatever man. Arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Misleading title - GOP has nothing to do with Trump. They hate him.

Trump is not, and never has been, a politician.
    From their site after completing the survey:
    Thank You for Sharing

Your responses have been recorded. President Trump is eager to hear about the state of our country straight from the American people.
    He's on their side and they are on his.

If they are using federal funding to pay for abortions, go ahead and report them as they are breaking the law.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I love how the next page says something like. "To protect our America First agenda and defend against attacks."

Defend against what attacks?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I love how the next page says something like. "To protect our America First agenda and defend against attacks."

The ~64% of the US that doesn't approve of Trump right now would be my guess.

Whatever man. Arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall.
    You do realize your completely unproductive response that screams "I got nothing to counter this with, so I'll just insult him and walk away" right here is an example of "Brick Walling", right?

Who am I kidding, of course you don't. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

Who knows. These people live sad paranoid lives where ISIS is going to invade their small midwestern towns, convert everyone to Sharia and gangerape their 22 year old "virgin" (not really) daughters.

My "adult life" pretty much began a few months before 9/11 so I've seen the war on terror wax and wane and wax again in real time. The way these rubes act towards ISIS, you'd think they detonated a nuclear weapon in Wichita or something. In many ways, it is actually worse and more paranoid than how Americans thought of Al Qaeda after 9/11. After 9/11, Americans had pretty good reason to be afraid because 3000 Americans were dead and nobody knew what else Al Qaeda had wound up to follow it. But the threat passed quickly. Today? Anyone obsessing over ISIS or terrorism doesn't need a counter argument. They need a double dose of Thorazine.

ISIS is a badly battered army of thugs, rapists, marauders, terrorists and killers... isolated to a few desert cities, on the other side of the planet. From time to time a few wannabes engage in some minor mayhem with guns, small explosives or cars, almost entirely in Europe. Terrible, yes. 9/11 Part II? Not within a light year of it.

But still, millions of Americans are so wound up and unbelievably and pathologically deluded by this shit they honestly believe ISIS is coming to massacre their men and take the women. It would be fucking hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

. . .

Oh what the heck; I'll laugh anyway. HAHAHA!

LOL the survey is fucking so pathetic that it is disgusting. It amazes me to see Trump is on the same or even worse level than Erdogan. It must be a fucking disgrace. I know how it feels really.