Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're right, it's not stupid. It's fucking stupid. Drive it or park it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Sorry, I don't deserve to die so some douchewaffle can sext with his gf.
    Why are worried about it? The odds are very very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    What gets me is that slim has lost a family member to this exact scenario and still can't process that yes, distractions while operating a one-ton machine greatly increase the chances that you will kill or maim somebody when you're going 45-50 miles an hour or in a busy city street.
    I really doubt that is true given the poster, time this was posted, and the topic. Don't take much the OP is saying as serious right now. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Nah, it's definitely stupid.

Wait ten years and get a self-driving car, then you can do whatever you want while the car drives for you.

Until then, no phones, no eating, no grooming while you're controlling the one tonne metal explosion-powered death machine.
    Nah it definitely isn't stupid, tell me why you think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And statistics has zero relevance in my ability to be able to do something. Just as it has zero bearing on your ability to drive to your favorite bar. You either can or you cannot do something.
    The point is, I don't trust anyone else at that bar to drive home safely. The statistics back that assumption up--your average drinker cannot safely operate a vehicle. Ergo, drunk driving is outlawed to reduce the risk of death from drunk driving. Same reason driving while distracted (texting, operating a non-hands-free phone in any way, having both hands occupied) are illegal in the States. People drive psychotically enough as it is, the last thing any of those idiots need is an excuse to take their attention off the road.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    No it is not a serious problem and it isn't unsafe texting for long periods of time however is, you have to know when you can effectively do it without getting hurt while driving.
    There's the problem, I don't trust the masses to be smart or aware enough to be able to make that call. People have died due to this, be it the person actually texting or the person/ people they rammed into as a result. If you have something important enough to say, pull over and do it or make a hands free call and say it with your voice, otherwise it can wait until you're not driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    The number of times I've got to beep at some douchebag stationary at a green light alone is reason for me to support not texting and driving.
    * Tells people they are douches, looks at his post*

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Those are bogus studies texting is not like like drinking 4 beers, your brain is more active when texting when your brain being intoxicated by beer isnt, it's a terrible analogy.

Cnn seems to have failed to bring up a study which I'm not surprised, the reality seems to contradict it.

Ill address it again texting a driving has a tiny of your time looking at the road, you may have seen a woman teenager
    Texting on the road and you might think that's how everyone drives on the road when they do it, that isn't the case when in reality.
    How about a study by the CDC.
    https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...ing/index.html

A statement from the NTSB.
    https://www.ntsb.gov/safety/mwl/Pages/mwl1_2015.aspx

Here is a story from ABC news from 2011, that was also ran by CNN, the washington post and CBS news all saying the NTSB wants to ban texting and cell phone usage.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/ntsb-recomm...ry?id=15147547

Here's one from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/distracted-dri...-driving-kills

More imformation from AAA including a video.
    https://www.aaafoundation.org/distracted-driving

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I really doubt that is true given the poster, time this was posted, and the topic. Don't take much the OP is saying as serious right now. :3
    I mean, yes, it's Slim and thus it's best to assume either he's lying or has some severe developmental disorder, but even so, I know people who think the way he does and are completely serious, able-minded adults.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    This reaaaaly comes off as posting a bad opinion for reactions more than an actual discussion, given your complete ignoring of linked studies and handwaving

Closing