Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Convince me texting and driving is bad. noone has been able to make a good argument and yet I've had.
    Is it trolling or are you THAT fucking dumb ?

I've looked at the sources. They all failed to mention that more people don't hit anyone or increases their risks than those who those two things do happen to them.
    That's not the goal of the studies, the studies show (and the evidence is overwhelming) that texting increases the risk of crashing by a factor of 3-4X, at least, and texting related accidents requires hospitalizations at a much higher rate than normal accidents.

The point of the studies isn't to show how many texting drivers don't cause wrecks, it's to find out how much more likely a distracted driver is to cause a wreck, and the answer to that is overwhelming.

But I guess you're used to holding on to lost causes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    How has this topic not been closed yet? TC creates post asking to be proven wrong and then no matter what anyone says TC just says they are wrong and they have no point. Its literally just a circle jerk of a topic with literally no point or actual discussion...
    Yeah... he does that alot.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...erciful/page37

^ Him doing this for 37 pages straight. Don't ask how I remember this.

Do not engage, people.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone has a newer car, and doing Bluetooth from the phone isn't as good. No I need to be able to text while driving it's more efficient.
    I have a cheapo manual tranmission car with 0 features, so I bought a basic headunit with a standard headphone jack. I plug my phone in when I hop in the car, then I can talk to people.

Unless you compulsively sing while driving, your mouth is an unused organ when driving, as opposed to your fingers/hands/eyes. You are multitasking better when using that organ for communication - therefore communicating more efficiently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    So where 90% of the Population lives. Why make laws that affect 90% of the population instead of just doing it over the broad spectrum. Seriously no one is that important enough that they can't just wait to get to the end of their Journey to check/send a fucking text message. If you have to constantly look at your phone driving from point A to point B you are an idiot.
    So 90% of people who live in cities are able to do it then without problems. Forget the the word law then cause it's obviously not a problem then. Vs putting a ban over the broad spectrum. People are that important, we could always use more people who can do it without problems, they definitely are doing something right. You just proved texting while driving isn't a problem

All the mods are offline atm. I.E. the reason this thread was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The former. I'm more amazed that people are trying to respond to this OP.

Well, shit I'm technically responding as well...might as well try to add value to the thread.

The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't fix stupid, I guess. Here's to hoping you don't get someone else killed.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

it's not bad if you like, crash into a tree I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The former. I'm more amazed that people are trying to respond to this OP.
    I enjoy seeing what gymnastics people can come up with to hold their "position". I'll get bored eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I have a cheapo manual tranmission car with 0 features, so I bought a basic headunit with a standard headphone jack. I plug my phone in when I hop in the car, then I can talk to people.

Unless you compulsively sing while driving, your mouth is an unused organ when driving, as opposed to your fingers/hands/eyes. You are multitasking better when using that organ for communication - therefore communicating more efficiently.
    Most people talk nonstop and you need hearing when you're driving. Talking just a few thing can mess up your driving and then suddenly you get hit from.the side cause you weren't paying attention. Texting however doesn't have this problem if you don't do it for so long so no it's not efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    it's not bad if you like, crash into a tree I guess.
    Which almost never happens .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Can't fix stupid, I guess. Here's to hoping you don't get someone else killed.
    10 years man, no I've been doing the smart way.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people text nonstop and you need fingers/eyes when you're driving. Texting just a few thing can mess up your driving and then suddenly you get hit from.the side cause you weren't paying attention. Talking however doesn't have this problem if you don't do it for so long so no it's not efficient.
    Good to see that you've come around!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    That's not the goal of the studies, the studies show (and the evidence is overwhelming) that texting increases the risk of crashing by a factor of 3-4X, at least, and texting related accidents requires hospitalizations at a much higher rate than normal accidents.

The point of the studies isn't to show how many texting drivers don't cause wrecks, it's to find out how much more likely a distracted driver is to cause a wreck, and the answer to that is overwhelming.

But I guess you're used to holding on to lost causes, right?
    Yeah..... to a small minority that are effected by it, the same people who probably shouldn't be driving in the first, they'll eventually get into an accident over something else.

Vs the people who aren't affected by this and doesn't increase their risks. That's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people talk nonstop and you need hearing when you're driving. Talking just a few thing can mess up your driving and then suddenly you get hit from.the side cause you weren't paying attention. Texting however doesn't have this problem if you don't do it for so long so no it's not efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Which almost never happens .

- - - Updated - - -

10 years man, no I've been doing the smart way.
    Your perspective in unique and obviously remarkable it cuts through and obviously separates you from the rest. Your points changed my life.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Good to see that you've come around!
    Sure, in your own edited version of what I said. Talking=\=texting which texting is more safer if done right. But talking is always more dangerous.

Yeah..... to a small minority that are effected by it, the same people who probably shouldn't be driving in the first, they'll eventually get into an accident over something else.

Vs the people who aren't affected by this and doesn't increase their risks. That's the point.
    Yeah, so you're hand-waving the answers to your question because you don't like them.

Typical for you folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

But by this time, and judging by your replies, you are just gonna be stubborn and say you are not convinced. You do not want to listen to arguments and analyse them, you just want to naysay and make bullshit claims. Ofc it is different than listening to the radio. You literally take your exe off the road for extended periods of time.
    Still a small number vs people who dont. No point made using a few people that have been effected by it doesn't work as an anecdote to ban texting and driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Yeah, so you're hand-waving the answers to your question because you don't like them.

Typical for you folks.
    I haven't been hand waving

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been hand waving
    Can't wave your hands when you're busy texting!