Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Legion was a fiasco. they need to get rid of it asap. a new xpac without the artifact bullshit (or any infinite grind for that matter) could bring back many people's interest
    Fiasco?

Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    I think this will be their reveal structure for the times to come. Light on details reveal at an event 1-3 months before full details drop at Blizzcon. Builds hype for Blizzcon, makes a lot more people buy the e-Tickets.
    It's really hard to tell. While I agree that a gamescon reveal will bring more interest to Blizzcon. It really can't be understated how loathed WoD was and how much everyone wanted something to look forward to.

Then again if they announce something like Naga-land at Gamescon. There is a chance they'd lose interest in Blizzcon. People would just wait for the info to leak out. Legion was a sure thing. Whatever they announce next is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Legion was basically announced at Gamescom and then the details hit at Blizzcon.

Blizzard likes Gamescom.
    I guess but i remember the reveal at gamescon and to me and a few others it seemed like the crowd wasnt really that much into it. So its why i feel blizz wants the big reveal to have a big blizz, wow friendly audience.

Well we shall see i would love to know earlier so i would welcome it at gamescon.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    I guess but i remember the reveal at gamescon and to me and a few others it seemed like the crowd wasnt really that much into it. So its why i feel blizz wants the big reveal to have a big blizz, wow friendly audience.

Well we shall see i would love to know earlier so i would welcome it at gamescon.
    The audience mics were muted, from what I recall. Crowd was plenty into it, just couldn't hear it as well compared to BlizzCon's thunderous reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post

The gamescom crowd was a bit quiet at first, but I think it was more that they were trying to get a grasp on exactly what the expansion was. And after zones start being shown there's a fair bit of excitement. You also have to keep in mind that gamescom was a fairly small crowd, and the opening ceremonies at Blizzcon are an entire hall packed with people--so of course you aren't going to get the same sheer volume and screaming that you got with something like Sombra's reveal or the Heroes of the Storm announcement.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-07-18 at 03:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fear there will be a long ass content gap if it's only announced at Blizzcon, and if there's the typical 1 year wait until release then. Assuming next content patch is the last in Legion?

As for tickets being sold out within minutes always, are there really no bigger places for Blizzard to rent? They should build their own big convention center that would fit so many people that tickets wouldn't sell out. I'm sure the expensive ass tickets will pay for the construction costs instantly, lol.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2017-07-18 at 03:15 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    It's really hard to tell. While I agree that a gamescon reveal will bring more interest to Blizzcon. It really can't be understated how loathed WoD was and how much everyone wanted something to look forward to.

Then again if they announce something like Naga-land at Gamescon. There is a chance they'd lose interest in Blizzcon. People would just wait for the info to leak out. Legion was a sure thing. Whatever they announce next is not.
    Blizzcon doesn't NEED more interest though. Tickets are sold out. I'm sure they like streaming tix, but I doubt it's a big deal to them. I mean, how much more can they do than sell out the event? As far as enthusiasm? This is a convention that people pay for... focused on Blizzard. By definition everyone buying a ticket is enough of a Blizzard fan to buy a ticket and, in many cases, travel to SoCal and pay money for hotel and food. That is, these people are pretty much big fans of Blizzard in the first place. I don't think enthusiasm will be a problem.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-07-18 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The gamescom crowd was a bit quiet at first, but I think it was more that they were trying to get a grasp on exactly what the expansion was. And after zones start being shown there's a fair bit of excitement. You also have to keep in mind that gamescom was a fairly small crowd, and the opening ceremonies at Blizzcon are an entire hall packed with people--so of course you aren't going to get the same sheer volume and screaming that you got with something like Sylvanas showing up in Legion's cinematic or the Heroes of the Storm announcement.
    Well to top Legion blizz is gonna have to pull out all the stops and it would be a disaster if it was revealed at gamescon to a audience that maybe isnt that much into wow for them to look bored and disappointed when blizz says 'and you can roll a naga'!

Like i said i hope to be proven wrong cause iam on tenderhooks to see what blizz has in store and what the hook will be ala artifact weapons and demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I fear there will be a long ass content gap if it's only announced at Blizzcon, and if there's the typical 1 year wait until release then. Assuming next patch is the last in Legion?
    I'd assume that 7.3 will see a 7.3.5 ~3 months after it drops. If 7.3 is September, then 7.3.5 would be early December? 9 months would put us in next Sept for an expansion and 9 months isn't bad. That's also about 2 years after Legion release.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Legion was a fiasco. they need to get rid of it asap. a new xpac without the artifact bullshit (or any infinite grind for that matter) could bring back many people's interest
    Um... what? Compaired to WoD Legion is great, and the "Infinite grind" really doesn't feel like a grind once you realize it's literally not worth it to grind as much AP as possible once you have a few points in concordance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    "They never did that" really isn't the best excuse. afaik no xpac was revealed outside of Blizzcon until last round with Legion at Gamescom, but clearly never having done that didn't stop Blizzard.

Comic-con is by NO MEANS a small event though. Hell, it probably gets wider coverage than Gamescom or Blizzcon. Blizzard is also no stranger to Comiccon, having promoted Warcraft there across a multitude of mediums. Now with all that said, I won't hold my breath. I anticipate the reveal to be at this years Gamescom instead.
    I was about to say. In what world is San Diego Comic-Con smaller than Blizzcon or Gamescom?? SDCC has noteworthy mainstream media attention neither Blizzcon nor Gamescom get on a regular basis, never mind the absolutely huge imprint it has on nerd subculture.

However, I also doubt we'll see an expansion announcement at SDCC, if only because the devs are visibly not in full-on damage control mode like they were for the lion's share of Warlords of Draenor, which necessitated some form of meat thrown to the wolves to keep them at bay, if not sated. Gamescom is a strong maybe, depending on how 7.3 manages to keep players entertained; if it's another 7.2 (coming from someone who likes 7.2, I can see why another one of these would be a problem considering the obvious time-gating and busywork involved in the quest line) it might give the devs reason to steal Argus's thunder prematurely with a Gamescom announcement. If things sail smoothly, they can just push the announcement at Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I'd assume that 7.3 will see a 7.3.5 ~3 months after it drops. If 7.3 is September, then 7.3.5 would be early December? 9 months would put us in next Sept for an expansion and 9 months isn't bad. That's also about 2 years after Legion release.
    Also, if they wanted to, they could crib some of the next expansion's assets and make a bridge patch focused around pushing back the initial enemy incursions, rather than just doing it as a one-off world event. The world event could be an invasion event with limited-time rewards, the incursion questline and dungeon(?) could be the story backdrop like Broken Shore was for the 7.0 pre-patch.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

yo yo my boy works the comic con and we can leak some things about WoW at SDCC

It's not the next expansion, it is all about the next big patch which is another planet in the sky above Azeroth. They are going to be revealing Sargeras and all the promo material is about Sargeras. They are going to announce a pricing deal where subscriptions are half off and new players get 3 months when they buy the game.

I think the only reason they announced Legion at a non blizzcon is because WoD was failing hard and they needed to get something out there

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They never did that.

OP literally just mentioned how Legion wasn't announced at Blizzcon.

Come on now...
    They never did announce it at SDCC ("that"). Reading comprehension is appreciated.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-18 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    [
    That. confirms. nothing!

]dont respond. i block all trolls.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    I dont think theres another year left in this expansion tbh, get to argus, do the lead up to the raid and do the final raid and wrap up with hints at next expansion.
    We wont be getting the next xpac inside of a year from now. ToS is still new with another 3 or so months in it and we wont see Argus until at least the end of the year with 6 months or so on that. At the earliest I would guess a new xpac at the end of next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprex View Post
    The second Warcraft movie maybe
    this would be the most likely thing they'd announce at comic con
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    this would be the most likely thing they'd announce at comic con
    Second Warcraft movie is not going to happen.

They are probably announcing a Warcraft comic book or some new Warcraft novel.

It's Comic Con anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Second Warcraft movie is not going to happen.

They are probably announcing a Warcraft comic book or some new Warcraft novel.

It's Comic Con anyway.
    they did end up turning a profit on the warcraft movie thx to china. if it is profitable and a chance to do it better, they can still build out the franchise.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they did end up turning a profit on the warcraft movie thx to china.
    China brought in less than $60M. It's nothing.

I believe they will focus on promotion of Overwatch, with its superheroes and shit...