Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do find it interesting how freely people give away their personal information immediately after some random anonymous nobody just asks for it. But, then, I suppose that's the age we live in, and I suppose the vast majority of the world has taken into sharing every single little detail of themselves with the entire world. Privacy be damned.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I don't know Welsh and I won't Google and cheat. So I'll say Linda.
    Swing and a miss
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mitchel (yes with one L), my brother is called Angelo, my mother didn't like the name Michael so Mitchel it was.

MitchelAngelo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I do find it interesting how freely people give away their personal information immediately after some random anonymous nobody just asks for it. But, then, I suppose that's the age we live in, and I suppose the vast majority of the world has taken into sharing every single little detail of themselves with the entire world. Privacy be damned.
    It's just a first name, bet you didn't know Obama was named Barrack

Jakob, after my mom's uncle Jakobus or something along those lines.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Hint: etymologically it's a variation of Andreas, meaning "manly", although I doubt that was consciously intended when the name was given.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Named after an American President. Not because of the who he was/what he did but because my Father heard the Name on TV and liked it.
    Ronald? Donald?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, I know. That's why I just gave a hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my grandfather's middle name and my mom's middle name.

They just decided to use it for the first one this time.

It's a name that can also be a verb. It's more frequently used as a verb than a name and it's usually a last name where you see it.

Deleted
    What's your first name only?

And what's the story behind it?

And do you like your name?
    - Kasper

- Think my grandparents had a dog with that name, many years ago

- Not as a kid, but I'm fine with it now.

Hey You.

My parents were originally going to name me Jason. However while my Dad was in the hospital gift shop on the day of my birth he overheard two grandmothers talking about their new grandsons who both happened to be named Jason. So for the first two weeks of my life while my family tossed names around to see what they liked, while that was going on my name was "Hey you."
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Hint: I hate travelling.
    Hodophobia!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hint: I have to share my name with a long stretch of water and a record producer/musician.

The story behind it: I was going to be called Kirk but then my Dad got kicked out of the delivery room by my Mum and told to come back with something better. He then thought he would be clever and name me after something related to his favorite band (something which he continued to do with my siblings) and chose their record producer.

Do I like it? Yeah it's alright but it always seems to result in people asking one question whenever I introduce myself. Oh and it irks me whenever someone mispronounces it considering how easy it is to say.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Nice try NSA
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Olivér. (We pronounce it kinda like the French do and the spelling reflects that.)

No idea where it came from, it's bloody rare around here.

I hated it as a kid as everyone could only relate to Oliver Twist upon hearing it. I learned to like it fine once I realised I don't have to ask "Which one?" when the teacher called my name. (At least half of the boys in my generation shared four names between them.) Also I learned where the name comes from and I find that cool. (Yes, I main a paladin.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Nice try NSA
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Alex.

My parents picked it, common name I guess.

It's alright.
    Same here, common af now, although my parents chose it at the time because it was unique, at least where I live. Doesn't seem like it anymore. I like it indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    It's just a first name, bet you didn't know Obama was named Barrack
    I wasn't talking about public figures, which I'm sure nobody on these forums even is - it would be odd for a public figure to try and stay anonymous, no? Also, a barrack, or barracks, is a building that houses a large group of people, typically soldiers. Obama's first name is Barack. See, when it comes to names, getting it right to the letter actually matters. Right, Miters?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Wow you're good at this....

- - - Updated - - -

Lol my name sounds similar to the hint, hence my colleagues started calling me room air since we come across that term a lot.
    I have a question, Ive all ways been to scared to ask my colleages (alot of Pakistani and indians, can you guess what field I work in..?). A lot of my colleages are called Mohammed Middle name Surname.. But they all call each other by middle name rather than Mohammed is this just a convinence thing or some cultral thing?

What's your first name only?

Or give a hint.

And what's the story behind it?

And do you like your name?
    Oliver, Shortened to Ollie.

My dad was a pretty good skateboarder back in the day growing up and through to his teens, i guess that's why he liked the name Ollie.

I like it, Much better than the other choices my mum and dad had planned prior.

Hint: a city in Italy
    Story: Dunno, it's similar to my mother's name.
    A common Slavic male name and less commonly, a Roman name with meanings kind, loving, and gracious.
    Don't mind the name, it's not as common for my generation as it used to be in past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    I have a question, Ive all ways been to scared to ask my colleages (alot of Pakistani and indians, can you guess what field I work in..?). A lot of my colleages are called Mohammed Middle name Surname.. But they all call each other by middle name rather than Mohammed is this just a convinence thing or some cultral thing?
    If I had to hazard a guess I would say that you either work in medicine, technical support, chemical engineering, or software development. Those are usually the go to professions for Indians and Pakistanis lol.

As for the name, having a middle name isn't as common for Pakistanis as compared to Europeans. A lot of the times what's actually the middle name is the surname and the last name is one of the household caste names from when they used to be a thing in the past. Even to this day you have certain families absolutely refusing to marry someone from "lower" family castes, which is just ridiculously absurd in this day and age.

Mohammad as a first, surname, or last name is very common for Muslims. But you were right in your assumption that it's not used as an actual indentifying part of the name to the same degree such as John or Robert as a first name. Even people who do seem to have it as a first name these days tend to shorten it to something like Moe because it's a sort of long and also due to the stigma attached to it lately.

Lastly you shouldn't be scared of asking them a genuine question like that. I'm sure it will be well received but If someone does get offended by it then that person isn't worth knowing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Janelle. No story behind it. My mom just picked it out of a book, iirc.

When I was in school teachers often thought I was black based on my first name. Which is laughable because I am as white as rice.
    Rofl, when I read your name I immediately thought that "I didn't expect you to be black", then I read the second row.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.