Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Actually - the FF14 team is even larger than WoW's dev team. FF14 team has less "battle content" designers, but more overall devs.

As of 4.0 they have roughly 270 in house developers working on FF14. As of Legion launch WoW had 235 in house developers.

The FF14 battle content team consists of 5-6 people currently, WoW's is 14 (hence why they can make more battle content).
    Ah. The way Yoshida talks, and people talk about the development team, I was under the impression that he works with a low budget team. Didn't realize it had grown that large.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    Ah. The way Yoshida talks, and people talk about the development team, I was under the impression that he works with a low budget team. Didn't realize it had grown that large.
    When pretty much everything else related to the IP has been average at best for like 17 years being the first wonder child mainline release since IX gets him a lot of sway.

which is kind of sad when all he really did was say "this needs to be more like final fantasy".

But compared to folks like Toriyamas "Lightning is the most powerful character in all the games, she is the only strong female in videogames and like a rose she is the most beautful as well" being a sane, level headed FF dev is a rare thing to come by nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    While I don't disbelieve you where have you seen these numbers? It feels like FF14 definitely has people working on all aspects of the content and not just throwing everything at the next raid tier like WoW tends to do.
    Definitely an interesting read: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ges_over_time/

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    Yeah, I just want to make sure everyone always has the best info when partaking in discussions. I've had discussions where people tried justifying the idea that FF14 consists of 10 or so people making the game based on feelings or something and I still to this day have no idea where those ideas came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Dragoon is not really a simple class once you have the abilities.

For reference, here is the Dragoon Opener and Rotation from last expansion. THis also does not show the many off GCD moves that are weaved in between.

Be warned, the Rotations in this game are actually a lot more indepth than in WoW.
    Sure, but you have ample time to perform them because of the huge ass GCD (2.5sec).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Sure, but you have ample time to perform them because of the huge ass GCD (2.5sec).
    You seem to have missed the part where I said "This also does not show the many off-GCD moves that are weaved in between." for which there are quite a few and most gear at max level will generally bring your GCD down to around 2.2secs with Skill Speed.

To say you only press a button every 2.5secs doing a proper rotation just shows you either don't play the game or never got a character past lvl 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Definitely an interesting read: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ges_over_time/

Yeah, I just want to make sure everyone always has the best info when partaking in discussions. I've had discussions where people tried justifying the idea that FF14 consists of 10 or so people making the game based on feelings or something and I still to this day have no idea where those ideas came from.
    It's 10 people they've cloned into a larger team. But clones dissolve upon burn out and you have to clone new ones. Don't you know anything about how Japanese game design works?!

Source: Logic, I've seen anime. I know how these sorts of things work.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-07-18 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    You seem to have missed the part where I said "This also does not show the many off-GCD moves that are weaved in between." for which there are quite a few and most gear at max level will generally bring your GCD down to around 2.2secs with Skill Speed.

To say you only press a button every 2.5secs doing a proper rotation just shows you either don't play the game or never got a character past lvl 30.
    Pretty much this. Even at level 40 on most classes you'll be weaving your oGCD abilities with your main rotation. Ninjas are big about this trying to fit Mudras in between their normal rotation. That's a combo of up to 4 buttons in between your rotation abilities for maximum efficiency.

The GCD is long yes, and at lower levels it can feel a bit tedious...but at end game you are by no means bored in terms of your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It's 10 people they've cloned into a larger team. But clones dissolve upon burn out and you have to clone new ones. Don't you know anything about how Japanese game design works?!

Source: Logic, I've seen anime. I know how these sorts of things work.
    Sounds legit