Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My main - Undead Warlock - logs out either in the Brill inn, or laying in the original crypt in Deathknell.

Others probably in their starting zone or capital city, not really too fussed about them.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight would log out in Northrend, probably at the Frozen Throne.
    Demon Hunter would log out somewhere in Outland near the Black Temple.
    Warlock would log out in the Burning Steppes near the one demonic worshipping statue is on the top left most part.
    Paladin would log out in a well kept but basic church.

Deleted
    Near the entrance to the Throne of the Tides. I really like this little cavern and Vashj'ir is my favourite zone.

Valley of Trials.

My place of birth into this world. Nothing can beat the nostalgia associated to that place.

Hmm...I've only ever had one main, (feral druid) and I'd say tough call between Isle of Quel'Danas (many, many fond PvP memories) and Mulgore.

Haven't played wow in a long time though (I quit very early cata.) I'm not even sure where I last logged out, but I don't see myself ever playing that game again so...who knows.

Haven't played WoW in years, no clue where I logged out last, and frankly don't really care. Don't have any real intention of playing the game ever again either.

And yet for some reason, this type of question kind of stirs a reaction in me. Probably something along the lines of hearing that the park near your childhood home was removed.

There's a bon fire to the right (from the perspective of entering the city) side of Orgrimar's main city gate. My friends/guildies used to idle there when we weren't playing but were still logged in. Probably there if I were to pick a place. I wouldn't say I have particularly strong memories or attachment to the spot, but it kind pops into my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Warlock:

On the Southeastern road leading into the Crossroads. Where many many moons ago a lost noob Warlock tried to ask a guard where the lock trainer was as he had just dinged while doing his succubus quest. A real life friend of the Warlock had told him that if you ever get lost ask a guard... too bad I was human. The guards had a long laugh that day but now... thousands of same guards have paid the price for that bitter lesson I learned. I want the Crossroads to continue to fear for all eternity.

My Pally:

The Gates of Ulduar. My favorite raid.

My Druid:

Moonglade for obvious reasons.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Where it all started for me: Shadowglen.

Grizzly Hills, on my OG Shaman even though I haven't played him since Wrath. I have other mains now, but my best memories of WoW come from that character.

I'd have to dust off and race change my hunter (now retired as Blizzard is simply clueless about how this class should operate), and go back to where I started, in Eversong Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dumont View Post
    if the servers are all off then our characters don't even exist anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why does it matter? If the game was being shut down as a whole, character data would be deleted anyway.
    You've both missed the point....

Obviously it's purely symbolic and of sentimental value/importance. It's like bringing flowers to someones grave. It has no value to them, they're dead and evidently don't care. It's more about YOU and the feeling it gives you.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2017-07-18 at 05:43 AM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Hmm if it would happen i would probably logout in Outland cause it was the most fun i had never really experienced much raiding in vanilla since i started late like 5 months before TBC was released so yeah Outland i would logout in if i had the choice just because i played TBC so much.

If WoW is shut down then most likely I will have stopped playing long time before that.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The Storm Peaks...

That place was my love back in Wrath.

For a Hordie, a full tour of eversong before logging in Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Love all the edgelord comments from people who are too cool to list a favorite spot.
    +1

I would log out in the conservatory of life. Ulduar remains one of the most important places to me in WoW.

I would have chosen Freewind Post but let's be honest the place just doesn't feel the same since the Cata update. Sadpanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I mean, we're basically murder hobos with magic sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    If you have feelings about an old car you've had for many years and are now replacing, should you just firebomb it? Your argument over what a person should feel sentimental about is pathetic in the extreme.
    Except a character is a bunch of pixels and not a living character. Get out and meet people you pathetic neckbeard.

There's a rock on the shore of Westmarch where I once sat looking at the sun set during the vanilla beta. It was my technically my second MMO (I tried the Star Wars Galaxy beta), but it was the first time that the world seemed immersive in a way that other games hadn't. I'll always remember that rock. Definitely the last place I'll log out when that day comes.

Probably to the first set of area's i saw when i first started playing mid BC, My character has race changed over the years many times but the first set of memories i had with the Blood Elf mage are still in place. So, yeah, Eversong woods / Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Force close falling off Teldrassil
    I was thinknig this too !

but, if I had to log out in would be those little caves with the cool looking water in Thunder Bluff in one of the rises, I used to log out there all the time in Vanilla

I don't think I'd care the character is gone. This reminds of a question Bob Hope was asked by his wife "Where would you like to be buried?" - his reply "Surprise me".