Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    China brought in less than $60M. It's nothing.
    Besides the fact that your numbers are off (it made just over 47 mil DOMESTIC and the rest was mostly China FYI) that's sort of irrelevant because Legendary Pictures is majority Chinese owned. FYI they also produced Pacific Rim, which turned less of a profit and is also getting a sequel. High likelihood that Warcraft will get a sequel.

220*25% = 55

It doesn't matter if LP is Chinese owned, it is a USA company and have no preference in China unless they film something in China with Chinese caterers and actors, like The Great Wall.
    Pacific Rim did much better than Warcraft, both domestically and worldwide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    7.3 is coming in the last week of August or first week of September.
    BUhauahahahah. The jokes just keep on giving.

Its amazing people didn't learn anything after so many years of following blizzard schedules....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    We wont be getting the next xpac inside of a year from now. ToS is still new with another 3 or so months in it and we wont see Argus until at least the end of the year with 6 months or so on that. At the earliest I would guess a new xpac at the end of next year.
    Dunno what you are smoking, but give me some. No non-raid content for five months? The last raid patch lasting a full year? Jesus. You are like the Knaak of content schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Second Warcraft movie is not going to happen.

They are probably announcing a Warcraft comic book or some new Warcraft novel.

It's Comic Con anyway.
    Warcraft performed very strongly in China and Russia, making enough profit to guarantee a sequel despite a disappointing domestic box-office release.

San Diego Comic Con is more than just comics and has been for years. It, like Atlanta DragonCon, has grown into more of a catch-all nerd Mecca where fandoms from all stripes congregate, from anime to comics to games to movies. Considering Blizzard's unusual interest in this year's SDCC, they'll definitely have something to show there, which is smart if they're promoting the sequel or a new novel/comic (or both, more likely) given that SDCC is bigger than Blizzcon on nearly every front and gets mainstream media attention Blizzcon doesn't.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Keep in mind that Blizzard preannounced their Gamescom expansion reveal a week before (https://twitter.com/warcraft/status/...471553?lang=en)

I think its fair to say that since we did not see a similar announcement last week that an expac announcement at SDCC is probably off the table.

I'm hoping for a name trademark soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    BUhauahahahah. The jokes just keep on giving.

Its amazing people didn't learn anything after so many years of following blizzard schedules....
    Bwahaha. You can't even make a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderinggolf View Post
    Keep in mind that Blizzard preannounced their Gamescom expansion reveal a week before (https://twitter.com/warcraft/status/...471553?lang=en)

I think its fair to say that since we did not see a similar announcement last week that an expac announcement at SDCC is probably off the table.
    Yeah SDCC was a bit reaching, but gamescom is still a possibility. We'll see. I think Gamescom is in late august, so theres still a bit till then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I'm hoping for a name trademark soon.
    We might not get it. I mean we didn't get a Legion Trademark. We got The Dark Below, which ended up being bogus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    We got The Dark Below, which ended up being bogus.
    what if blizz played the long con and actually uses the Dark Below for the next expac / south seas old gods

they just trolled everyone!
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what if blizz played the long con and actually uses the Dark Below for the next expac / south seas old gods

they just trolled everyone!
    That would be funny.

Hey, Blizz! You guys wanna make a pretty girl happy? Name the next Expansion The Dark Below!

If I was a betting man I would say the increased interest in SDCC will have something to do with the Overwatch World League.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I don't really see how legion was a "sure thing"... back in 2015, everyone was arguing Eye of Azshara vs Council of Tirisfal - Legion came out of left field for most of us.
    Those were random rumors. The Burning Legion is an old enemy that people want to see dealt with. It's a sure thing for interest based solely off of the subject matter gleaned from the title. A Naga expansion isn't going to get people going based off the title. There is going to have to be some detail to pull people in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Blizzcon doesn't NEED more interest though. Tickets are sold out. I'm sure they like streaming tix, but I doubt it's a big deal to them. I mean, how much more can they do than sell out the event? As far as enthusiasm? This is a convention that people pay for... focused on Blizzard. By definition everyone buying a ticket is enough of a Blizzard fan to buy a ticket and, in many cases, travel to SoCal and pay money for hotel and food. That is, these people are pretty much big fans of Blizzard in the first place. I don't think enthusiasm will be a problem.
    I think they make good money from the virtual tickets, especially when they connect in game items. Selling announcements for Blizzcon may become more of a thing in years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I think they make good money from the virtual tickets, especially when they connect in game items. Selling announcements for Blizzcon may become more of a thing in years to come.
    Im sure that the margin on virtual tickets is high but this is a company that makes, what, billions? Another 1000 tickets at $200/per or whatever is a drop on the drop in the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Warcraft performed very strongly in China and Russia, making enough profit to guarantee a sequel despite a disappointing domestic box-office release.
    This is not right. Warcraft did at best break even, if it made profit (which is debatable) it's so small (< $10-20 million) that it's not worth considering a sequel. Pretty sure we won't see a Hollywood-made sequel, maybe some kind of Chinaesque sequel at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Dunno what you are smoking, but give me some. No non-raid content for five months? The last raid patch lasting a full year? Jesus. You are like the Knaak of content schedule.
    Not sure why you would think we would get a new xpac before fall of 2018. Argus will take us to summer then we have no idea what will come after if anything. Earliest month for release will be September, no reason to believe it will be any earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    a bridge patch focused around pushing back the initial enemy incursions, rather than just doing it as a one-off world event. The world event could be an invasion event with limited-time rewards, the incursion questline and dungeon(?) could be the story backdrop like Broken Shore was for the 7.0 pre-patch.
    Sure. I could see a 7.4 with some aftermath story. The larger point to me is that summer 2018 is ~20-24 months from Legion's launch which is about the typical length of an expansion so a 7.3.5 with the final raid that drops in early December or January (presuming they don't want to drop it in the holiday season) would take us to then and not be a very long content drought at all. Even dropping the raid right after Blizzcon in mid-November means we have roughly 8 or 9 months until this time next year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Not sure why you would think we would get a new xpac before fall of 2018. Argus will take us to summer then we have no idea what will come after if anything. Earliest month for release will be September, no reason to believe it will be any earlier.
    September isn't the end of the year though. That's December.

You said end of this year for Argus and end of next year for 8.0

That will never happen.

December will be the release of Throne probably, and 8.0 will come out no later than early fall.

THey'll announce World of Warcraft 2!!!! With a fully gender fluid cast of NPCs and enemies, plus a class that is handicapped and mixed race and fights by telling enemies how hurt their feelings are, and the enemies change their ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    WoD was a fiasco.
    fixed you bullshit. If you dont like grinds get out of RPGS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Legion was basically announced at Gamescom and then the details hit at Blizzcon.
    That was because WoD was such a failure and only because of that.