Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Dogs aren't born to be aggressive, nothing is born with the intent to go out of it's way to be malicious. Even aggressive animals mother properly to raise infants that isn't automatically bred out of them. I have had a pitbull puppy though that isn't the dog as part of the article - it still didn't want to harm people, it does however not like dogs. That's not something I went out of my way to train. It happens.
    Trying to give the gun mentality to this topic when guns have no capable thought of it's own to diverse from experiences is odd. As an example my dog learned that he didn't like other dogs isn't because I made it so by exposing him to unfriendly dogs, not because he was attacked but by the fact he didn't like dogs walking by my back garden. How does a gun learn that?

The dog in question of this article didn't mind the other animals or it would have killed the 13 pups and the 4 other adult dogs with it which we don't know but it's pretty obvious they helped sire some of that litter if not possible previous litters since it looks like a puppy farm - the fact it went after a human to me could illustrate that it made an unhealthy relationship with humans through their ownership. The owner was irresponsible to have that many in the first place, I doubt he cared much for them either being that many left unattended.

Not all breeders go out of their way to make a profit on pups based on their traits either. Breeders can breed based on choice and desire for an animal simply because it sells and people like it. You have commercial puppy farms that sell on say Labrador's for guide dogs but what is the purpose for those without that need? They make profit on it because they know the dog will be bought and nothing else. Not all aggressive dogs are bought with the desire that they are aggressive, I got mine simply because it needed a new home on innocent grounds - an accidental pregnancy. I don't judge on breed - my puppy grew up with children as well. He pushes them around because he currently bigger and clumsy bugger, he steps on my feet all the time that doesn't make him aggressive does it?

Any dog will bite if they feel threatened enough. That isn't reserved only for an aggressively bred dog or dog alone in fact. And trying to pretend it's only reserved for those breeds is again weird. A dog being attacked with enough cause will defend itself from a human, animal or otherwise. They even with reasonable cause defend those it needs to.

As I said it's nature versus nurture. Always will be.
    Aggression and maliciousness are not synonymous.

There is so much double talk in your posts I don't know where to start.

On the one hand you acknowledge aggressive animals... on the other you try to make it sound like its ONLY EVER a product of how it is raised/trained.

If these 4 adult dogs and 13 pups had been born in the wild they would learn to kill/hunt for food. If given the opportunity on some unsuspecting toddler they would try and snatch it in a heartbeat.

Furthermore your comment about aggressive animals "mother properly"... its bullshit, wrong, flat out not true. You should probably avoid topics you know very little about.

Keeping on the topic of dogs, some breeds will kill their puppies if their instinct tells them the litter won't survive over a given size. I worked for a guy who had a pitbull who had puppies, and the male (father) bit one of its puppies when it tried to get the dad's food. Not an uncommon response from dogs and food... however that bite went through the puppies skull and popped his eye out... the puppy survived but was disfigured.

This idea of kind and nurturing vs aggressive and malicious is you giving human traits to an animal. They don't exist not in the animal world.

As noted there are always exceptions but these "dangerous dogs" are bred for their propensity toward aggression, and their physical ability to be able to cause harm.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-07-18 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look. Yet another example of why breeds of dogs that were bred to be aggressive pieces of shit shouldn't be allowed to live anymore.

Seriously, why the hell are these types of dogs still allowed to exist? If I EVER saw a dog like this anywhere near my property, I'd fucking shoot it on the spot. It's not worth the potential harm to my family to let the fucking thing live.
    And then you'd go to jail because you shot someone's dog who was a kind and loving dog that never hurt anybody. A dog that went missing and the owners were actively looking for it. Maybe you could look on it's collar after you killed it and inform the family that you took care of the problem by killing their pet. I'm sure they'd be so thankful that you took it upon yourself to rid them of their "violent" pet.

This way of thinking is similar to a racists mind. Constantly seeing black people commit crime or Muslims bombing and killing everything on the news so they all must be like that right? If I see a black guy in the store he's obviously there to steal something so I'm gonna call the cops. If I see a Muslim in an airport I better keep my eye on him because he might blow himself up, might be a terrorist better call security on him. A pitbull is right in front of my house im gonna shoot the fucker because it's here to attack my family!

I don't know how people can be so narrow minded like that.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-07-18 at 05:25 PM.

Have we already posted the statistics that pitbulls make up like 8% of American dogs but 93% of dog-related fatalities and over half of all dogs put down in shelters?

I admit I skipped to the last page, it seems like we have this same argument point for point and that's my favorite part because it's completely irrefutable. Pit Bulls dominated the list of dog-bite fatalities so much they stopped tracking breed because it became pointless, if someone died because of a dog bite roll a d10 and if it's 1-9 it was a Pit, if it was 10 it was a Rotty
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    ever heard of hunting dogs? those dogs have it in their genes. you can't do anything about that. my friend has a jack russell and even though he is inside most of the time and was never trained to hunt he always catches shit when he walks him in the forest because that's what those dogs were used for. he constantly catches rodents in his back yard because he has it in his genes. you can try and suppress it all you want but in the end they will always be what they were meant to be. pitbulls were bred for the sole reason of fighting and that's what makes them dangerous. it doesn't matter if your dog is "the sweetest thing" like most owners of them say, all it takes it something to trigger them and their instinct will take over.
    Exactly.

What you are talking about here is the exact same "problem" with pitbulls. It is 100% possible to curb the behavior... but it is a CONSTANT ongoing PROCESS. It is not something you do once and then are done with. You distract, block, redirect, focus. That energy or need has to be focused elsewhere... to a positive/desirable behavior. Very few people have the desire, time, energy, or knowledge to accomplish this.

Can we ban people yet? I'm pretty sure they're far more dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Here is a idea....

Don't let ur 2 year old be near a dog (doesn't matter the breed)

And if you are a owner of a dog (doesn't matter the breed) and won't be around. How about putting them up until you are.
    Here's an idea

Grow the part of the brain that deals with common sense.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No. Don't let a dog out without a chain and a muzzle.
    Chaining dogs make them more aggressive...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also worth noting that some types of play and seemingly innocent behaviors can lead to a dog being aggressive and an inevitable dog bite.

For example allowing your dog to chase people through the fence...

Perhaps hypothetical dog never catches the people it chases. Perhaps if it did... it would only "lick them to death".

But that behavior of the "chase" is playing directly into dog's predisposition to hunt... at some point instinct kicks in and the dog is just doing what dogs do it. Dogs don't MURDER no one is saying that. Canines are carnivores... it is what they are. To say that can simply be nurtured away is arrogant, egotistical, and ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Here's an idea

Grow the part of the brain that deals with common sense.
    That was bred out of humans a long time ago... LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Don't leave your toddler children unattended around dogs, how about that? Matter of fact just don't let them near dogs until they're old enough to learn how to properly interact with them. Too many dumb ass parents let their kids play with dogs and the kids, being inexperienced, go around sticking their face right in the dogs own or pulling on their ears/tail etc. Then the dog bites them and the parents get pissed off.
    Oh look. Someone else who didn't bother reading the article. The child was not left unattended. She was playing in her own back yard while being supervised by an adult family member. The dogs actually went through the fence around the yard and attacked them.

So now children can't play in their own fenced in backyards while being supervised? /facepalm

I think the best part of this article is this:

Dog breeder Andrew McGowan, 35, who had up to 18 of the American Bully dogs in his three-bedroom terraced house in Cockburn Street in Toxteth, Liverpool, was jailed in June for 18 months.

American Bullies are not "pit bulls". Nor are they bulldogs. They're a monstrous mishhash of shit, and people breed them to create these frog-dogs:

Just shows that if you attach "pit bull" you get the shriekers even if the article directly notes they're not "pit bulls".

To reference the difference:

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I don't own one, but on the hypothetical that I did, you shoot my dog and see who gets shot next.
    Shooting a human out of spite for shooting a dangerous animal that can cause harm.

Rational thinking is not your strong suit is it?

People blaming the dog for a reckless incompetent owner clearly never owned a pet. Dude should definitely go to prison. Some people who never own an animal

- - - Updated - - -

Shooting a human out of spite for shooting a dangerous animal that can cause harm.

Technically you are a dangerous animal too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look. Someone else who didn't bother reading the article. The child was not left unattended. She was playing in her own back yard while being supervised by an adult family member. The dogs actually went through the fence around the yard and attacked them.

So now children can't play in their own fenced in backyards while being supervised? /facepalm
    I was making a general statement to others who want certain breeds banned because X amount of children are hurt every year. This incident was tragic and putting down the dogs and jail time for the owner was appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    And then you'd go to jail because you shot someone's dog who was a kind and loving dog that never hurt anybody. A dog that went missing and the owners were actively looking for it. Maybe you could look on it's collar after you killed it and inform the family that you took care of the problem by killing their pet. I'm sure they'd be so thankful that you took it upon yourself to rid them of their "violent" pet.

This way of thinking is similar to a racists mind. Constantly seeing black people commit crime or Muslims bombing and killing everything on the news so they all must be like that right? If I see a black guy in the store he's obviously there to steal something so I'm gonna call the cops. If I see a Muslim in an airport I better keep my eye on him because he might blow himself up, might be a terrorist better call security on him. A pitbull is right in front of my house im gonna shoot the fucker because it's here to attack my family!

I don't know how people can be so narrow minded like that.
    Yet another straw man argument. And sorry, but if someone's dog comes onto my property and I feel like my family is in danger, I have every right to put it down. I know several cops who wouldn't bat an eye at me for doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    far more logical than that "theyre all kin to wolves so never discriminate" crapt you tried to peddle my way.

and everyone says that, wolves are afraid of people
    pitbulls are inbred monstrosities
    Again are you trying to say some breeds don't kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayonnaise View Post
    People blaming the dog for a reckless incompetent owner clearly never owned a pet. Dude should definitely go to prison. Some people who never own an animal

- - - Updated - - -

Technically you are a dangerous animal too.
    Straw man more please.

And you're not dangerous?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I hate animals. Glad the 2 year old is still alive though.

Human lives are more important than animal lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Fixed that for you friendo.

I guess you are more of a goldfish type of pet owner?
    If a dog that looks or acts remotely dangerous comes onto my property and I feel like my family might be in danger from it, I have every right to put it down. If that dog was so important to someone else, then they shouldn't let it be wandering around like that in the first place. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    70%+ dog attacks happen on the dogs property, and there are roughly 30-40 fatal dog attacks a year so the chances of that actually happening are preeeetty low.

You would also have to prove your life is actually in danger to discharge a firearm in the first place.
    Would be pretty simple. The dog looked dangerous and came at us. End of story.