Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Looks like a dead tyrion doll to me...
    If he dies....I don't think I could deal with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    OT: I really want to see Lyanna Mormont in the fight.
    I want her to stab someone in the calf from behind, and then get her head cut off by someone else's back swing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    So fucking stoked for this reunion, can't wait to see Nymeria tear some ass up.
    My favorite sand snake. I'm hoping Jessica will use some of the skills she learned on Iron Fist.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    ah, silly rule but understood.
    It's because this was (and is) the designated spoiler thread and where you, by virtue of entering should expect to be spoiled. At one point we had pages upon pages of black boxes one after another, both in quotes and out of them to a point that following a discussion thread was only possible if you kept clicking on any little text over and over again (as some posts could have several different spoiler paragraphs alone).

It just was simply redunant and frankly ridiculous way of conversing in a thread like this. And why I am so vehemently and openly against it that it still rears it's ugly face, whenever someone does a post that gets oft. quoted and response to quote in black bars as well. Few posters can cause few pages worth of clickable.

It didn't help that people began spoiler tagging their personal theories as well instead of actual spoilers.

To exemplify what I mean, I'll re-do that message but how it actually looked like at one point, now multiply it by pages of posts, quotes and whatnot.

-----
    "It's because this was (and is) the designated spoiler thread and where you, by virtue of entering should expect to be spoiled. At one point we had pages upon pages of black boxes one after another, both in quotes and out of them to a point that following a discussion thread was only possible if you kept clicking on any little text over and over again (as some posts could have several different spoiler paragraphs alone).

It just was simply redunant and frankly ridiculous way of conversing in a thread like this. And why I am so vehemently and openly against it that it still rears it's ugly face, whenever someone does a post that gets oft. quoted and response to quote in black bars as well. Few posters can cause few pages worth of clickable.

It didn't help that people began spoiler tagging their personal theories as well instead of actual spoilers."
    ------

It was not particulary enjoyable, to a point of mod intervention. First the milder, not preferrable rule but as it didn't work, it became stricter.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2017-07-18 at 01:54 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    I love when people bash on the show episode after episode yet they still watch it...

Anyways, the episode was a solid season opener. The Hound scenes stole the show for me personally. I was dying of laughter with the Sam montage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    I love when people bash on the show episode after episode yet they still watch it...

Anyways, the episode was a solid season opener. The Hound scenes stole the show for me personally. I was dying of laughter with the Sam montage
    Walking Dead in a nut shell.... I'm gonna keep watching it though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Walking Dead in a nut shell.... I'm gonna keep watching it though
    I bash The Walking Dead while I'm watching it lol, it's so boring and I don't know why I continue watching it...

You could call it morbid curiousity on how things will end eventually. The serie had a massive tonal shift in past 2-3 seasons so of course it's going to ruffle feathers of those whom like to analyze matters deeper than on just plain 'it looked kinda cool visually and I had my popcorn entertainment' factor.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Richard III Harold II Magnus Barefoot King George II Louis IX Alexander the Great. Multiple roman emperors, and others. All fought on the actual front lines.
    Eh, people would write this to make the king/emperor look braver than what they really were because if they didnt they would often lose their heads. The historians would make their leaders almost godlike when they wrote of their accomplishments and how they did them in battle. I'm sure some did fight in the front lines at times but not many.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats where the extra length of the episode was added in lol. "We have less episodes but we will make them longer this season! Um yeah, lets have Sam just clean a "shitload" of bed pans in the first episode over and over and over and over lol! Thats the ticket!"

Besides the annoying Sam cleaning peoples shit over and over the episode wasnt bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna defend DnD show numbers about the Iron Fleet, but in the books, Euron has men to sail their ships from all corners of the known world, not just the Iron Islands (which could explain the increase in his army) and also, most of his ships were short and fast, made for quick ambushes, capable of maneuvering in rivers.
    Again, that would explain 1.000 SHORT ships even if show's timing doesnt aline well.
    Anyway, Euron has been very little developed, and for now, he doesnt resemble the books' character, so who knows..
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You could call it morbid curiousity on how things will end eventually. The serie had a massive tonal shift in past 2-3 seasons so of course it's going to ruffle feathers of those whom like to analyze matters deeper than on just plain 'it looked kinda cool visually and I had my popcorn entertainment' factor.
    You are absolutely right about the shift in tone. I always find it funny when people apply the same "analytical techniques" between the book and the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Not gonna defend DnD show numbers about the Iron Fleet, but in the books, Euron has men to sail their ships from all corners of the known world, not just the Iron Islands (which could explain the increase in his army) and also, most of his ships were short and fast, made for quick ambushes, capable of maneuvering in rivers.
    Again, that would explain 1.000 SHORT ships even if show's timing doesnt aline well.
    Anyway, Euron has been very little developed, and for now, he doesnt resemble the books' character, so who knows..
    I agree with you. I think the problem falls back on the fact that the showrunners are taking books that are hundreds of pages long and having to dissect, cut, edit it down to the 58 minute episodes that they give us. Now with shorter seasons, they are even more tight on what they are showing.

You are absolutely right about the shift in tone. I always find it funny when people apply the same "analytical techniques" between the book and the show.
    I was talking about the shift of tone internally in the show over seasons, not shift of tone from book to show due to adaption reasons.

I wasn't really excited after seeing the first episode of this season, hope it gets better tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    would be nice if they could just extend the season to cover characters like Euron, but for whatever reason they wanted to keep season 7 short. Euron has seemed incredibly rushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatching the Hound & Co scene made me wonder: where are they? In season 6 they were still around the Riverlands, that house from which family the Hound took the silver was what, between the Riverlands and the Vale? Yet that's one hell of a snowstorm and last we saw in s6 there were no hints of snow between Riverrun and the Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Rewatching the Hound & Co scene made me wonder: where are they? In season 6 they were still around the Riverlands, that house from which family the Hound took the silver was what, between the Riverlands and the Vale? Yet that's one hell of a snowstorm and last we saw in s6 there were no hints of snow between Riverrun and the Twins...
    They are in the Riverlands, but where/when exactly I don't know. While the weather was quite different in the Arya scene, it is possible that the scenes are separated by a certain amount of time.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-07-18 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    They are in the Riverlands, but where/when exactly I don't know. While the weather was quite different in the Arya scene, it is possible that the scenes are separated by a certain amount of time.
    Time and distance are extremely loose concepts in the TV show :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Yeah that felt weird. Last time we saw Sandor he was doing all this "build a church" montage in a pleasant, sunny weather, now he got to a freaking Siberia. Winter came rather abruptly.

Still, pretty cool episode, sets the stage for whats to come. First scene was quite badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah that felt weird. Last time we saw Sandor he was doing all this "build a church" montage in a pleasant, sunny weather, now he got to a freaking Siberia. Winter came rather abruptly.

Still, pretty cool episode, sets the stage for whats to come. First scene was quite badass.
    Well, I think the snow was meant to tell two things:
    1. That winter is coming further south
    2. That the Hound and the brothers have been moving steadily north since we last saw him. Some people also think that the cottage they found with the skeletons was the guy whose pig or w/e it was The Hound took while he was still with Arya(which I don't recall whether that was Riverlands or the actual north). Also storms can sometimes blow in. It didn't seem like the snow was that deep. More just like a storm had blown through and left some snow.

Rewatched it today with skipping the Sam part completely, and suddenly the episode was so so much better. Even poor Jorah couldnt redeem this sad waste of screen time

You should check out the Walking Dead thread, you'll be in love.