Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I thought id share some tips for everyone whos gonna compete in the invitational thingie setup by Blizzard
    If your aiming high here is whats you need

1. Have a team of players whom played the game for a few years
    2. Have a Blood DK as Tank for all dungeons exept if its Nectrotic affix
    3. Have a Resto Druid as Healer for all (Yes its that superior)
    4. Have 2 Beast Mastery Hunters with CR Pets for all (Yes its that Superior)
    5. As 3rd DPS have an Elemental Shaman if its trash heavy dungeon and/or Fortified(Never use Ele Sham in Upper Kara)
    6. If its not a trash heavy dungeon and/or Tyranical, bring Assa or Sub Rogue as 3rd DPS
    7. Blizzard thinks the game is balanced lol
    8. ???
    9. Profit

Good luck
    It's funny because when i look at the leader board for m+, no groups are running the comp you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I can see that this M+ invitational will be just as filled with salt as the Arena tournaments...
    I hope so, since PvP and Raiding no longer offer any real high quality drama, this should be next! A new type of salt! We just need a website called DungeonJunkies to get it going!

It'd be nice if they added the ability to deplete a key rather than just automatically downgrading it.

I'd recommend holy pally instead. If you are only after competing you need as much damage out of your healer slot, and if you have blood he shouldn't need healing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

So if I am reading these websites correctly, teams are going to qualify during Teeming/Quaking/Fortified and Raging/Necrotic/Tyrannical weeks. Sounds boring.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I'd recommend holy pally instead. If you are only after competing you need as much damage out of your healer slot, and if you have blood he shouldn't need healing.
    Not that relevant after all the buffs to other healers damage, all healers can put out pretty decent damage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Not that relevant after all the buffs to other healers damage, all healers can put out pretty decent damage now.
    Yes, but they can't do 1 mil dps on bosses like a holy pally can. They still blow the other healers away in burst.

1. Be good
    2. Have a good comp
    3. Win.

Ez

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Thought I'd see something about racials in here
    Youre right, forgot to add, bring as many Blood Elfs as possible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    It's funny because when i look at the leader board for m+, no groups are running the comp you described.
    When there is money involed, everything changes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This is good advice, ill add to front

Because elemental suffers from having the longest Cooldowns in the game and the bosses in Upper Kara comes to quickly after each other so CDs will never be ready when you need em. Curator -> Shade -> Wyrm Boss
    Depends if tyrannical or not, and level of key. Anything sub 15 will die too fast to have Asc for curator evocate and to have on pull for shade. Aside from that the C Ds are fine. Biggest issue is survivability, which they lack.

Deleted
    Youre right, forgot to add, bring as many Blood Elfs as possible

- - - Updated - - -

When there is money involed, everything changes

- - - Updated - - -

This is good advice, ill add to front
    Well we'll see at the qualifier but i can tell you that no team is going to run double BM hunter. BM is not even the most optimal spec for hunter m+, MM damage output far outweight the few utility spells of BM (other classes have way more utility anyway). The vast majority of the top hunter in m+ are playing MM for a reason.
    Second, hunter are not god tier in super high m+ key, where survability is a problem. Aspect of the turtle is just not enough.

Finally, resto druid is not the best healer in m+, HPala is simply better in most situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    Well we'll see at the qualifier but i can tell you that no team is going to run double BM hunter. BM is not even the most optimal spec for hunter m+, MM damage output far outweight the few utility spells of BM (other classes have way more utility anyway). The vast majority of the top hunter in m+ are playing MM for a reason.
    Second, hunter are not god tier in super high m+ key, where survability is a problem. Aspect of the turtle is just not enough.

Finally, resto druid is not the best healer in m+, HPala is simply better in most situation.
    Ofc the majority isnt running BM because the majority Hunters doing High m+ are also raiders and in raids MM is ahead of BM which also means that the amount of Traits are more in MM weapon and therefor people just go with whats highest

Youre wrting like you playing M+ with a grp that never dies and you never need to ress anyone no matter how high key it is
    How can you say BM Surv is shit when it is the only spec in the game whom can dodge every mechanic in the game and still do Top DPS
    We all know that to survive certain mechanics that becomes a problem from keys scaling up is all about having survivability legendaries, mostly Prydaz which is accesible for everyone

Also about Hpal, personally I cant belive how many ive seen getting cleaved to death because they keep saying that they have to stand close to heal
    A healer that can stand back with everything good the healing roles has to offer exept that DPS outweights it IMO
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2017-07-18 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    I think you vastly overestimate BM' strength in M+ (and I'm an avid BM player). The majority is running MM because it's simply better. The difference between a 58 pts concordance and a 52 pts concordance is not important. In M+ aoe land, MM far outweights BM, and as a BM you have to pray for not spread out adds. With the good legendaries MM is almost unmatched in aoe. Furthermore, if you run with a DK tank and maybe a drood heal, the battle rez advantage disappears.

BM only has the edge over MM in case of tyrannical on bosses if the fight isn't long enough to use double trueshot.

Your argument about Hpal has zero weight because we are talking about players who know how to play and who won't be cleaved to death.

About your initial post:
    1st dps: war arms
    2nd dps: war arms
    3rd dps: war arms
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-07-18 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Ofc the majority isnt running BM because the majority Hunters doing High m+ are also raiders and in raids MM is ahead of BM which also means that the amount of Traits are more in MM weapon and therefor people just go with whats highest

Youre wrting like you playing M+ with a grp that never dies and you never need to ress anyone no matter how high key it is
    How can you say BM Surv is shit when it is the only spec in the game whom can dodge every mechanic in the game and still do Top DPS
    We all know that to survive certain mechanics that becomes a problem from keys scaling up is all about having survivability legendaries, mostly Prydaz which is accesible for everyone

Also about Hpal, personally I cant belive how many ive seen getting cleaved to death because they keep saying that they have to stand close to heal
    A healer that can stand back with everything good the healing roles has to offer exept that DPS outweights it IMO
    Every top hunter player have all the legendary for both spec and 52 traits + for both spec. Them having 4-5 traits less on their Bm weapon (if that is ever the case) doesn't change jack shit... It is so small DPS wise, and if Bm was so far ahead of MM in M+, like you make it sounds, they would play BM.

A battle rez is useful in high m+, because yeah someone is going to die at some points, but it's not necessary to have 3 or 4 BR in your group. Damage is important too and there are other classes that have a battle rez AND more things than BM in their toolkit.

Survival wise: BM hunter has only aspect of the turtle on a 3Min CD and a 30% heal on a 2min CD (lol). In M+, there is a lot of UNAVOIDABLE damage (i'm not questionning their abilities to dodge skillshot while still DPSing) that can easily kill you (on top of my head for Bosses: Hyrja, Mephistroth, Melandrus.. And i won't even talk about all the trash). Not saying their survavibility is shit, but it's definitely a weakness.

About Hpal: it's not because some of the HPals you met are trash that Hpal is a bad healer. Their immunities, various CD's, damage reduction aura, spot healing, damage, tankiness, make them the best healer for high m+ in most situation (emphazise on the most).

But well, no need to argue for years on this matter. We'll see what happens in the m + invitational and when it's done, we can comeback on this thread and finish our discussion. I hope i will watch you compete there with your "easy win, easy life" comp.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3b3e1173; 2017-07-18 at 03:08 PM.

Doesn't MM have access to brez/lust pet anyway?

edit: or I guess maybe everyone is lone wolf? Still that's only an extra GCD.

Deleted
    Everyone plays with lone wolf. And since it's a talent it's not just a GCD issue.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-07-18 at 05:09 PM.

I thought id share some tips for everyone whos gonna compete in the invitational thingie setup by Blizzard

2. Be Blood elf if available
    3. Have a Blood DK as Tank for all dungeons exept if its Nectrotic affix
    4. Have a Resto Druid as Healer for all (Yes its that superior) If you start having DPS Issues bring Holy Pala instead
    5. Have 2 Beast Mastery Hunters with CR Pets for all (Yes its that Superior)
    6. As 3rd DPS have an Elemental Shaman if its trash heavy dungeon and/or Fortified(Never use Ele Sham in Upper Kara)
    7. If its not a trash heavy dungeon and/or Tyranical, bring Assa or Sub Rogue as 3rd DPS
    8. Blizzard thinks the game is balanced lol
    9. ???
    10. Profit

Good luck
    Hahaha oh wow the amount of salt is UNREAL. Jesus doesn't even need any miracle to walk on a lake of your tears.

2. Be Blood elf if available
    3. Have a Blood DK as Tank for all dungeons exept if its Nectrotic affix
    4. Have a Resto Druid as Healer for all (Yes its that superior) If you start having DPS Issues bring Holy Pala instead
    5. Have 2 Beast Mastery Hunters with CR Pets for all (Yes its that Superior)
    6. As 3rd DPS have an Elemental Shaman if its trash heavy dungeon and/or Fortified(Never use Ele Sham in Upper Kara)
    7. If its not a trash heavy dungeon and/or Tyranical, bring Assa or Sub Rogue as 3rd DPS
    8. Blizzard thinks the game is balanced lol
    9. ???
    10. Profit

Good luck
    Sub as of 7.2.5 is one of the best AoE classes in the game without having to give up much on boss damage (just need to switch leggos). Blood DKs laugh at Necrotic weeks - they're the best at dealing with it. If you check M+ leaderboards, there's no comp that's super dominant in the way you might see melee cleave or RMPs throughout the top 3v3 teams.

I do think Horde racials are much better for M+ so I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone who's serious about it be Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Everyone plays with lone wolf. And since it's a talent it's not just a GCD issue.
    Oh didn't realize LW was changed to disable call pet altogether. Welp.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be more varied than people think, but it's not going to be super varied.

Hunters, warlocks, warriors, balance druids, mages, rogues and unholy DKs see play in high keystones (using 21-23 keys from last week as an example).

Tanks are probably the most varied, with the only exception being protection paladins and maybe protection warriors. There are a couple high monks, and you might see more if it wasn't for the fact that monk is still a very unpopular class.

Healer spot is the only spot that's really bad. It's pretty much dominated by resto druids and holy paladins, and you can't go wrong with either. For the most part I feel like restoration druid are the safer option from pure throughput and dealing with a couple affixes, along with bringing a battle rez. However in high level keys generally having a way to reduce group damage (AM) is pretty important, and a few areas can be cheesed by using BoP/Bubble.