Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed you bullshit. If you dont like grinds get out of RPGS.
    So everyone who doesn't agree with you is talking bullshit? That's nice. It's probably very nice to have civilized arguments with you.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Im sure that the margin on virtual tickets is high but this is a company that makes, what, billions? Another 1000 tickets at $200/per or whatever is a drop on the drop in the bucket.
    I bet you it is a lot more that 1000, I'd say 100,000 might be closer. Although I get the feeling that's low balling the number too.

25000 people attend in person. 100k doesn't seem unreasonable for virtual attendees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fixed you bullshit. If you dont like grinds get out of RPGS.

- - - Updated - - -

That was because WoD was such a failure and only because of that.
    Got a source on that fact?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, I don't think so. They never did that and the event is overall too small for an expansion announcement. It's even debatle if they'll announce it on Gamescom when they have their own, massive Blizzcon just three months later.

I wish they announce a new novel or the next part of Chronicles.
    They announced legion, at gamescom so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    September isn't the end of the year though. That's December.

You said end of this year for Argus and end of next year for 8.0

That will never happen.

December will be the release of Throne probably, and 8.0 will come out no later than early fall.
    Patch is coming out next month, and the raid will open the week after Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    China brought in less than $60M. It's nothing.

I believe they will focus on promotion of Overwatch, with its superheroes and shit...
    90% of the profits flows back to Wanda aka the one that financed warcraft, for the first 2 weeks of it's release.

Thus it made more in line of $180M rather than the $60M you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    My money is still on a Gamescom reveal, seems like the perfect time
    And a release date for 7.3 as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

Patch is coming out next month, and the raid will open the week after Blizzcon.

Yeah that sounds about right. 2 months on the PTR and around 3 months of stagger for the raid. Fits the schedule so far.

Add a gamescom reveal and it's perfect.

At this point it's gonna be a Blizzcon announcement let's be fair.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Im sure that the margin on virtual tickets is high but this is a company that makes, what, billions? Another 1000 tickets at $200/per or whatever is a drop on the drop in the bucket.
    You have to take budgeting into account. Hosting an event like Blizzcon is fucking expensive - just the cost of renting out the convention center alone is a huge amount of money, along with paying for power, security, emergency crews, etc. Anything they can sell to offset that cost is going to be welcome, especially a PPV ticket. 200k is nothing to sneeze at, in terms of paying off the costs of the event. Sure, Blizzard could afford to take a loss on the whole thing, but why should they? Just so your sense of justice is fulfilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    My money is still on a Gamescom reveal, seems like the perfect time
    And a release date for 7.3 as well.
    My guess is 7.4 (thinking ToV raid) reveal at Gamescom....next expansion reveal at Blizzcon.

I'd say more money on a Gamescom reveal but I wouldn't be surprised if they did just because of the mainstream exposure the event gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    My guess is 7.4 (thinking ToV raid) reveal at Gamescom....next expansion reveal at Blizzcon.
    7.3 is confirmed to be the last major content patch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    7.3 is confirmed to be the last major content patch though.
    Hence the ToV raid...since that wasn't a major content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is not right. Warcraft did at best break even, if it made profit (which is debatable) it's so small (< $10-20 million) that it's not worth considering a sequel. Pretty sure we won't see a Hollywood-made sequel, maybe some kind of Chinaesque sequel at best.
    The movie Warcraft (2016) made $433,677,183 world wide with a production budget of $160 million. Yes the movie was a disappointment for the studio, but it certainly did not "only" break even.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthh View Post
    The movie Warcraft (2016) made $433,677,183 world wide with a production budget of $160 million. Yes the movie was a disappointment for the studio, but it certainly did not "only" break even.
    Well, that's something we didn't know. There are several sources that state Warcraft needed $400-450 million to break even because it's marketing costs were horrendous ($160 million is the production budget alone).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They announced legion, at gamescom so.
    That's not what I said. I said "they never did that and the event..." - they never did that at San Diego Comic Con. I know they announced Legion at Gamescom but we all know why they did that ("announce Legion at Gamescom") and did not wait until Blizzcon as they would usually do.

7+ Year Old Account
    We will most likely see more final fantasy 7 remake coverage and kingdom hearts 3 stuff if anything.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah View Post
    Hence the ToV raid...since that wasn't a major content patch.
    Yeah but 7.4 is a major patch, that would have to be 7.3.1 or something !

The expansion will be announced on November 3rd or 4th at Blizzcon. It will be released in August or September of 2018, with a gap of about 7-11 months between the final raid and the prepatch. A prepatch will be released about a year from today. We will get one more full raid after this, but there will be more content during the long end game patch than there has been in any content gap before it. The content will be slim and derided, skippable novelty. If we are lucky, a 3 boss raid with higher ilvl gear may be released in early 2018. Hype train will hit in may, resubs in June/July, prepatch in July and on until morning.

edit: archived for lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    September isn't the end of the year though. That's December.

You said end of this year for Argus and end of next year for 8.0

That will never happen.

December will be the release of Throne probably, and 8.0 will come out no later than early fall.
    You do know September is towards the end of the year right? End of the year doesnt just mean December, except maybe to you I guess.

I was under the impression that Blizzard had said something about putting out more patches overall and lengthening the overall life of expansions. If they put out 7.4 and 7.5 before moving to 8.0, that should give them a lot more breathing room to work on the expansion. 8 more months of "fresh" content but maybe only 3 more months to the actual length of the expansion, leading to a shorter drought overall. If they could get the drought down to 10 months or less, I think there would be a lot more people who would stick it out for the whole time, rather than just letting their sub run out until the xpac hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    I was under the impression that Blizzard had said something about putting out more patches overall and lengthening the overall life of expansions. If they put out 7.4 and 7.5 before moving to 8.0, that should give them a lot more breathing room to work on the expansion. 8 more months of "fresh" content but maybe only 3 more months to the actual length of the expansion, leading to a shorter drought overall. If they could get the drought down to 10 months or less, I think there would be a lot more people who would stick it out for the whole time, rather than just letting their sub run out until the xpac hits.
    They said all sorts of nonsense, but most of that never happened. Maybe by more patches they ment staggering content patches and releasing it in chunks. After long expansions, if 8.0 gets revealed at Blizzcon it is gonna be the longest version of wow anyway.