10+ Year Old Account

Why do the elemental lords look like a band of clowns

Seriously. I just completed the shaman campaign and got my Farseer title. At the end you have this scene with the four elemental lords bestowing their powers upon you, and it was kind of... underwhelming.
    -Neptulon is still good ol' neptulon. But I stopped liking him after they changed their mind about him being swallowed by Ozumat, cancelling a possibly very cool questline or raid encounter to rescue him. His presence at the hall like nothing happened buggered me.
    -Therazane is... Therazane.
    -Smolderon is Baleroc in disguise. I was really sad to see they didn't even give him a brand new model. And I really believe they should have, because THIS guy is the one replacing Ragnaros, who was super badass in voice and appearance, and has grown to be one of the icons of WoW and Hearthstone. And then comes Baleroc.
    You cannot even choose which firelord to pick, which would have been kinda problematic but cool nonetheless. Instead you have to pick him because he hates mortal "slightly less" than the other guy. Farseer decisions!
    -Thunderaan suffers from the same problem. He is a common elemental but giant in scale and wielding Thunderfury. His Vanilla model, while outdated for today's standard, would have been much more imposing and intimidating; instead we got this ugly Draenor elemental. With Thunderfury.

I don't know, I was expecting more. True, you cannot devote tons of assets for just one class hall campaign, but those are the elemental lords: guys we're bound to see in the future regardless of our class. Don't you think they could have handled it a bit differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Instead you have to pick him because he hates mortal "slightly less" than the other guy. Farseer decisions!
    Fire Elementals aren't known to be kind, fire is an extremely mixed bag compared to the other Elements.

Aside from that, Shaman campaign simply fails because the campaign itself recruits characters and forces that once posed a major threat yet cannot show a real impact due gameplay reasons.

Those Class campaigns in general are a disappointment, remind me of the awful garrison campaign in WoD.

You're absolutely right. I was pretty underwhelmed as well and Neptulon's "return" was story-wise bogus. But I like Therazane and her model. It's super weird but super special. The other three Elemental Lords are just boring af.

Yeah it bugged me too quite a lot playing my Shaman alt... they say it got resolved well lol yeah right, just cut out basically like it never happened.

Deleted
    DoN't worry Azshara will kidnap Neptulon again in 8.0 Properly this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    DoN't worry Azshara will kidnap Neptulon again in 8.0 Properly this time.
    Hopefully she'll turn him into Ragnaros 2.0.

Maybe Neptulon is evil and going to revolt in 8.0 and he just is a traitor in disguise right now? Would be a nice twist.

Deleted
    Well, you just can't have a lot of well-made class questlines. It would have cost us a raid tier or two. Poor, scraping Blizzard :.(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hopefully she'll turn him into Ragnaros 2.0.

Maybe Neptulon is evil and going to revolt in 8.0 and he just is a traitor in disguise right now? Would be a nice twist.
    Well that was pretty much her plan in Cata, wasn't it?

They could still kinda damage control it, would be lame but it's better than nothing at the moment.
    They could make a scenario where you play as Neptulon (Basically a quest) and it shows how you manage to escape Ozumat and kill it or just escape I dunno...
    Then they could do that this time he gets corrupted, they make a raid around him as end boss with a trident legendary style Firelands and Dragonwrath
    and it can fit both casters and hunters/druids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    They could still kinda damage control it, would be lame but it's better than nothing at the moment.
    They could make a scenario where you play as Neptulon (Basically a quest) and it shows how you manage to escape Ozumat and kill it or just escape I dunno...
    Then they could do that this time he gets corrupted, they make a raid around him as end boss with a trident legendary style Firelands and Dragonwrath
    and it can fit both casters and hunters/druids
    You misunderstand. I wasn't against it. The fact that they tried this before make this a likely plan. And I really like these ideas.

Seriously. I just completed the shaman campaign and got my Farseer title. At the end you have this scene with the four elemental lords bestowing their powers upon you, and it was kind of... underwhelming.
    If you think that's underwhelming, wait until you do the shaman mount quest.

Tbh I don't know lol. 7 years ago...

-Thunderaan suffers from the same problem. He is a common elemental but giant in scale and wielding Thunderfury. His Vanilla model, while outdated for today's standard, would have been much more imposing and intimidating; instead we got this ugly Draenor elemental. With Thunderfury.
    Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

I agree it was a little underwhelming.
    You had Ragnaros that gave these aura that the Elemental Lords were badass, that others after them would also be cool and awesome. Neptulon being taken away by that Leviathan interesting really and his story was going to get a step up especially for this Shaman Class Hall being all about Azeroth and the Lords. Thunderaan was whispered to be coming back after we met him in the Vanilla era, that nostalgia and awe was kicking in. And then there was Therazane who I liked anyway as she's like this weird bag of shit that somehow just works including her personality and character that made the Elemental Lords even more enigmatic.
    So when it came to me doing I was in a self-induced hype only... It felt all a little trivial and contrived. So forced into being this Farseer that it all felt a little underwhelming at the least.
    On top of that you had the model issues, like the poor Baleroc dupe, Thunderaan being a simple reksin of a Water Elemental and Neptulon still having that awful swirling base that still hurts my eyes with the unwillingness to change it or update it...
    Though I poked fun at Ragnaros having legs... I actually miss that it had commitment to it.

Wasted opportunity really. Considering Ragnaros was made up even more by Tyr and Odyn tag teaming his arse - I thought the Elemental Lords being face to face would be made with similar tendencies... But nope. One day.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-18 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Tbh I don't know lol. 7 years ago...
    Cata was already seven years ago?

*goes to check*

Holy shit it WAS seven years ago.