10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Better in American servers? Whats your native server, the pits of Sauron?
    I don't know if you ever been on the EU servers, but the teamwork in ranked is so much worse.

I'm seriously beginning to think that there is some hidden match making involved in this game. Beginning of the season, placed at 2000-2100, after steadily climbing with teamwork and like skilled players, I suddenly find myself in game after game of throwers, leavers, bad players, and new(ish) players. Fell from high 2400 down to almost 1800 from loss after loss after loss, maybe 1 win for every 9-10 losses. After I got knocked down, I start finding groups of players that are back to focusing on teamwork. Maybe 1 new player (around level 30-50) in recent games vs being out with 4 in previous games. I'm almost back to 2200, and now the games are starting to mix it up again, with win:loss ratio becoming close to 50% again. I'm convinced if I get back to 2200-2300 I'll go back into another dive spiral. If that happens, it will be the 2nd season in a row to have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What's there to understand? You have around 4 buttons, get to objective, push the payload?

You are convinced that level 400 means something, I'm not. I see people having that 400 level and they believe that they are better than the rest while they still make the under-average mistakes. This has nothing to do with matchmaking system nor the level that you have.
    You really are that slow huh? Because people have no idea how to effectively play every hero at lv30. They pick one hero they like and are still pretty terrible with it, this plays into objectives on maps. If a tracer sits in the back and tries to kill people from afar, guess what unless your entire team is amazing enough to carry that shitter, you're going to lose. Or if you have a Widow that does nothing but attempt to front line, guess what you're gonna lose. Or how about a Mercy that only sits with her gun out? Or a Mercy that just stands still while healing and gets picked off so fast that it doesn't matter. Guess what, playing the game longer makes you a better player, shocking concept right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Guess what, playing the game longer makes you a better player
    This is not 100% true. I've had plenty of teammates who exceed my level by leaps and bounds display
    average or slightly above average skill. Other times, they act like they just started playing.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-07-17 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    This is not 100% true. I've had plenty of teammates who exceed my level by leaps and bounds display
    average or slightly above average skill. Other times, they act like they just started playing.
    If you'd bother following the discussion I've been having with the person I replied to you'd see the entire context of what I've been stating instead of randomly picking a single sentence out of a hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did read the discussion you were having, and that statement is again, 100% incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up some wins today, regained 100SR which was good. Last match was great, Dorado round 4 we're defending, our DPS were just not doing DPS (and typically struggling with the Y axis) so I drop Orisa, go Widow and single handedly stop them completely in their tracks with 3 or 4 quick picks. That gave us time to regroup and ultimately secure a win.

So frustrating that I can have a great game like that, or on Sombra (she's an absolute menace to tanks and the reactions in switches and changes in playstyle are hilarious); have a real impact, and yet so many times it's spoilt by people whining or even straight up throwing. Such effective heroes when you know how to play them, and so fun. I get Widow's kit is weak, but neither are that far off the mark as their reputation suggests (in fact Sombra is really strong). :/

Getting more confident with Zarya too now, shame there's so many Reapers and that she's also fairly popular; means not much real opportunity to use her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Guess what, playing the game longer makes you a better player, shocking concept right?
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The fact that you see lvl 1000+ people playing on scrub ranks like gold/plat kinda proves the exact opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had a decent run of games tonight for once, but one thing bugged me. Had a game where the Play of the Game was a Torb who shot an ulting Pharah once, and that's it. My play was me as Soldier shooting down Pharah, Mercy, and blasted Torb in his giant face (all by myself). It's so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I actually had a decent run of games tonight for once, but one thing bugged me. Had a game where the Play of the Game was a Torb who shot an ulting Pharah once, and that's it. My play was me as Soldier shooting down Pharah, Mercy, and blasted Torb in his giant face (all by myself). It's so weird.
    What's it titled as? If it's a shutdown or lifesaver play its awarded more "points" to PotG then just kills. It's like a player using Winston's Ult and getting 2 environmental kills will be more likely than a Lucio with a 2 kill boop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What's it titled as? If it's a shutdown or lifesaver play its awarded more "points" to PotG then just kills. It's like a player using Winston's Ult and getting 2 environmental kills will be more likely than a Lucio with a 2 kill boop.
    Yeah, if that Pharah's ult was about to kill 2+ people on the point and you shut it down, that's worth a lot for PotG status. Especially since getting kills also factors in the damage you did; getting the last 10% on four people in a row as Soldier isn't going to give you as much PotG credit as a single Junkrat ult getting three people from 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    This should totally have been potg.

http://plays.tv/video/596e6933ac9746...ardt-to-death-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It absolutely is. There's a reason why outside of this forum, this season has been talked about
    by numerous sites as being the single worst season in the game's history.
    Throwers, leavers, trolls..........seems all that I get in Season 5, shame too I really love this game but see no point in playing it right now just to lose SR.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This should totally have been potg.

http://plays.tv/video/596e6933ac9746...ardt-to-death-
    I have punched so many Reins to death. Some day I'm going to start saving recordings of them and make myself a video montage of nothing but Rein death punching.

Just to amuse myself with.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

How this even possible... Get grouped with a 5-man premade against a 6-man premade when I'm solo. The 5-man premade just standing in the starting room, "We're tanking our mmr". Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    How this even possible... Get grouped with a 5-man premade against a 6-man premade when I'm solo. The 5-man premade just standing in the starting room, "We're tanking our mmr". Fun.
    Technically they can be reported for poor teamwork/griefing (throwing on purpose), so that's something. :< Get on the dark side of Total Mayhem, people are overall more chill there !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Technically they can be reported for poor teamwork/griefing (throwing on purpose), so that's something. :< Get on the dark side of Total Mayhem, people are overall more chill there !
    Reporting never helps, I've met countless of people I've reported in the past, still griefing to this day.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I ended up with them again. Great system they have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I have punched so many Reins to death. Some day I'm going to start saving recordings of them and make myself a video montage of nothing but Rein death punching.

Just to amuse myself with.
    Do it. Share it. One of my favourite things as D.Va is the "X one hit!" and Rocket boosting through them, especially against Rein, Orisa and Winston who think their shield can save them. Not quite as fun as punching Pharahs, something I've not done for a while actually, but its up there.

Another of my favourite things is this, rare for me in Comp as I'm not one to take stupid chances which is probably why I'm still gold. But a headshot on Ana is hard enough, while grapple hook flying though? All skill, no dumb luck. http://plays.tv/video/596e8dae4034c3...-widow-wheeee-

Torb got the potg credit for this one, but I totally enabled it. This is just one of the many reasons I love Orisa. http://plays.tv/video/596e8e1de55a3c...nabled-5-kill-

- - - Updated - - -

Reporting never helps, I've met countless of people I've reported in the past, still griefing to this day.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, I ended up with them again. Great system they have...
    Always take a break for 10-15 mins after something like that happens. And do report them, and block and mute them; even if you don't see the results, something might happen, although the punishment seems to be chat bans right now. But, it keeps a mark against them either way, and there's a new system being brought in soon to which those marks will count.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Always take a break for 10-15 mins after something like that happens. And do report them, and block and mute them; even if you don't see the results, something might happen, although the punishment seems to be chat bans right now. But, it keeps a mark against them either way, and there's a new system being brought in soon to which those marks will count.
    I did wait. There should be some way to block people from ending up on the same team as you, would help far more than this useless report system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did wait. There should be some way to block people from ending up on the same team as you, would help far more than this useless report system.
    Then that is phenomenally unlucky