Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Being deployed, but I don't think anything new related to next expansion will be found anymore.
    So either in a 7.3.5 or Gamescom/Blizzcon eh? Probably Blizzcon this time :S

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    So either in a 7.3.5 or Gamescom/Blizzcon eh? Probably Blizzcon this time :S
    Blizzcon more likely. Gamescom will be probably about 7.3 and Antorus.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    But MoP, WoD, and Legion are labeled Pandaria, Draenor, and Legion respectively.
    You think that Kul Tiras datamine files belong to 8.0 expac? It wouldn't make sense. I think they put it on purpose just to tease us and start speculations about next expac (and it worked very well). So it doesn't matter how they labeled these files.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Yeah, the Drae and Belf starter zones need a drastic makeover.
    Not really, zones from BC are rather smooth for levelling. Imo only Vanilla zones needed revamp. On the other side I would like them to include Belf/Draenei zones to main ek/kalimdor instance, fix textures and enable flying.

Sure, they will talk whole panel about stuff we know already. This will be so exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    But it makes little sense for Kul'Tiras to be the name of an expansion.

I mean, how would it be called? Tides of Kul'Tiras? I dunno, other than the datamined items there are no hints leading to the island >.<
    It would literally be something just like that yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    I wish you guys would just drop that. I mean continue if you must, but at this point we can assume that these files were named this way just to give us a hint. This was not a random accidental leak. It was done on purpose.
    It definitely looks like it could be an actual legit hoax, but still, who knows?

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Kul'tiras being an entire continent would really feel like Blizzard is stretching the limit of what a 'continent' could be. The Broken Isles already were a stretch, but at least there were multiple to begin with, and we now know we're getting three zones of Argus on top of them.

However, the more I think about it, the more I can see what such an expansion would be like.

-It'd have five zones like Legion, two or three on mainland Kul'tiras, and then two more in the islands of Crestfall and Zul'dare. Balor is another, albeit obscure, island that could be apart of this mix.

-Tol Barad revamp would be likely

-The Alliance would start on Crestfall, and the Horde would start on Zul'dare

-The new races will be High Elves for the Alliance and Forest Trolls for the Horde, possibly starting on Crestfall and Zul'dare. The Troll Wars novel combined with the likely Warcraft II-influenced themes of Kul'tiras could be evidence of this. These could also be subraces among a plethora of others, depending on the resources Blizzard was willing to use to develop the "new race" feature of this expansion.

-Kul'tiras likely isn't large enough to house patch zones, so it'd have its own 'Broken Shore' and 'Argus', likely in the raised Scintal Reef with Naz'jatar as the Broken Shore analogue and a raised/otherdimensional Ny'alotha as the Argus analogue.

-There'd be a heavy faction-war bent with Jaina, Sylvanas, Genn, Vereesa, and a new Forest Troll leader. Anduin and an Orc leader, likely Saurfang considering his connections to the original wars, would also likely have role, perhaps as "the voices of reason" trying to teach about the mistakes of the past.

-The faction war is a diversion for the invasion of Queen Azshara and the raising of N'Zoth, the true threats of the expansion. The tentacles on the KT robe definitely seem to imply N'Zoth, at least, will have a role.

-Zandalar, the ruins of Kezan, Tel'Abim, and Plunder Isle are possible patch zones, but considering the above, I'm more apt to believe that Blizzard wants to stretch "The South Seas" into as many expansions as possible. They've already made Pandaria and the Broken Isles into their own expansions, and this would be another. The four above could be saved for their own expansion.

I suppose if Blizzard wants, they can stretch the South Seas out as much as they want, but the list of villains in this region is going to run thin. I suppose we'll see.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-07-18 at 08:36 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I can guarantee you that the real leak has been posted -in- this thread. You just have to look for it on these 88 pages.
    If you really want to know, I feel like this is probably legitimate. Can someone else try digging into this? I've been through each post in this thread twice looking through the posts of each person with less than 70 posts trying to find someone who posted in Legion speculation threads with an accurate leak. Some help or another hint would be great. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Especially the Draenei and Belf starting zones. Those didn't age well and are stuck in a time bubble. If starting zones are revamped maybe they could add the Bathhouse I came up with for a proper Pandaren district as a quest hub
    It's not only them, the old world just looks very outdated. I flew from Darnassus to Azshara a few days ago and o m g when you see the trees and everything it's just a shame how low quality all of that is.

Deleted
    Honestly even if Kul'Tiras isn't just the Alliance hub and is indeed visitable by Horde and Alliance without aggroing the guards, I very much doubt an area roughly the size of Gilneas will be the namesake of the expansion. If it's going to be a place it will be Nazjatr or Ny'alotha.

The WoD spoiler leaks were named Iron Horde. Not a place or a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's not only them, the old world just looks very outdated. I flew from Darnassus to Azshara a few days ago and o m g when you see the trees and everything it's just a shame how low quality all of that is.
    I just picked the worst offenders. There are many more left. But honestly, what did you expect? WoW came out 12 years ago and even then it was way behind single player in terms of graphics. People just gave it a pass because we understood that rendering a full continent without load times requires sacrefices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    We're like vultures in a desert, Blizzard, I summon thee, give us something!
    New PTR build comming tomorrow. Maybe we will get lucky
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-07-18 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillen View Post
    h t t p : //I m g u r . c o m / a /h Z 6 y r

Gotta love photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

Gotta love photoshop.
    That sfx though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    New PTR build comming tomorrow. Maybe we will get lucky
    Everytime a build hits the PTR, it feels like Christmas. I doubt we'll get anything about 8.0 though. I agree with those saying Blizzard put the hint intentionally just to start us hyping/speculating. For all we know we could go back in time to fight orcs riding gronns with machine g-... oh wait, now we've done that one already. NEVER. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Everytime a build hits the PTR, it feels like Christmas. I doubt we'll get anything about 8.0 though. I agree with those saying Blizzard put the hint intentionally just to start us hyping/speculating. For all we know we could go back in time to fight orcs riding gronns with machine g-... oh wait, now we've done that one already. NEVER. AGAIN.
    Please stop some people really want to forget WoD and that it ever existed...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    After seeing what they did with Suramar, I kinda wish they would make the entirety of WoW like that. Suramar is hands down the most amazing city they've ever created as well as a location in game. Even SWP pales in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in terms of the "Kul Tiras being one continent" I wouldn't worry.

They know what the players expect from a south seas expansion. And from the looks of it, it seems to me like they want to wrap up Azeroth's story to visit new planets. They've already stated quite recently that they're really excited about the thought of visiting other planets.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if Blizz did that again. It would help with the DPS ques in Final Fantasy XIV. Not many do Savage raids.

I'm one of those too, I just like to whip myself by remembering those dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    After seeing what they did with Suramar, I kinda wish they would make the entirety of WoW like that. Suramar is hands down the most amazing city they've ever created as well as a location in game. Even SWP pales in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in terms of the "Kul Tiras being one continent" I wouldn't worry.

They know what the players expect from a south seas expansion. And from the looks of it, it seems to me like they want to wrap up Azeroth's story to visit new planets. They've already stated quite recently that they're really excited about the thought of visiting other planets.
    We're not doing additional planets. StarCraft is this way --->.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone find anything "noteworthy" within the PTR patch?

- - - Updated - - -

They'll announce the expansion at Gamescom.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what color we will go into 8.0 with? If Old Gods, it would probably be some sort of purple/pink-ish color, wouldn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

I wonder what color we will go into 8.0 with? If Old Gods, it would probably be some sort of purple/pink-ish color, wouldn't it?
    Well that color palette looks much like the Emerald Nightmare. It's cool anyway.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp