Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Chris Cillizza editor at large for CNN Politics AMA

Just started reading it. For all the hate that CNN generates on reddit, the tone was respectful .

This question made me laugh the most though.

Hi Chris,
    I'd like to present to you some of your headlines from last year during the election.
    I'm wondering if you think that your relentless hammering of Hillary Clinton over a bunch of supposed "scandals" that went nowhere (along with your obvious Bernie-bias) helped turn people against Clinton, and put Trump in the White House?

Some of your articles:
    Hillary Clinton’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad answer on whether she’s ever lied
    Hillary Clinton can’t make you love her if you don’t
    Hillary Clinton’s week just went from bad to worse Drip, Drip, Drip.
    Hillary Clinton’s campaign needs a slogan. Here’s your chance to help. It’s time to think up a message for Hillary!
    Hillary Clinton’s biggest campaign problem may be, well, Hillary Clinton Sometimes the problem is you.
    Why ignoring Hillary Clinton’s emails might cost Bernie Sanders Iowa An opportunity, missed.
    Why we shouldn’t give Hillary Clinton a pass for losing New Hampshire
    Why Hillary Clinton should be worried about Nevada
    Why Hillary Clinton won’t release transcripts of her paid Goldman Sachs speeches She has her reasons.
    Hillary Clinton’s email defense just hit a major bump in the road Cue Democratic worry.
    Note to Bernie Sanders: Negative ads are good. Negative ads work.
    Hillary Clinton STILL doesn’t have a good answer for questions about her emails
    Why Bernie Sanders should talk A LOT more about Hillary Clinton and Goldman Sachs
    What a tuxedo tells you about the race between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton Authenticity.
    Hillary Clinton says she’s ‘not nervous at all’ about Bernie Sanders. She should be. Danger, Hillary Clinton. Danger!
    Here’s exactly how Bernie Sanders can beat Hillary Clinton
    Why aren’t Hillary Clinton’s exaggerations of her life story bigger news?
    Bill de Blasio’s ‘Okay fine, I will endorse her’ endorsement of Hillary Clinton
    Why Joe Biden must destroy Hillary Clinton
    Just when you thought the e-mail story couldn’t get worse for Hillary Clinton … Drip. Drip. Drip.
    Hillary Clinton’s e-mail issues have become a massive political problem It’s not getting better.
    It might be time for Hillary Clinton to start panicking
    Hillary Clinton finally apologizes for her private e-mail server. What took so long?
    The reinvention of Hillary Clinton almost certainly won’t work
    Hillary Clinton’s new approach to her e-mail controversy? It’s complicated.
    Hillary Clinton’s e-mail problem isn’t going away FBI!
    Hillary Clinton’s Worst Week in Washington
    Hillary Clinton’s honesty problem just keeps getting worse
    Maybe Hillary Clinton just isn’t a very good candidate
    Hillary Clinton is trying to make the e-mail controversy political. But, really, it isn’t.
    This isn’t a good trend line for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 prospects The more people see, the less they like.
    These 9 words prove that Bill Clinton still doesn’t get it on the Clinton Foundation

Also, are you HA Goodman in disguise?

I don't know why anybody ever does a AMA on Reddit.

That place is an utter shithole that gets brigaded whenever it's literally ANYBODY who has any even remotely tangential connection to politics.

Although it is funny to see Trumpettes proclaiming CNN was pro-Hillary when they were constantly running anti-Hillary stories.

It's almost like...GASP...it's almost like CNN was pro-outrage for clicks. Regardless of politics.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-07-18 at 10:33 PM. Reason: infracted for "conservitard"

Most of those headlines were not actual news headlines, but articles from CNN's opinion section. CNN had plenty of opinion articles that were anti-Bernie and anti-Trump as well. Whoever asked the question conveniently forgot to mention that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting AMA.

Needless to say, Cillizza got thoroughly blasted, but I think he managed well enough.

Hell, for once, I felt like something out of CNN was genuine. Now that's something!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Most of those headlines were not actual news headlines, but articles from CNN's opinion section. CNN had plenty of opinion articles that were anti-Bernie and anti-Trump as well. Whoever asked the question conveniently forgot to mention that.
    Almost all headlines people pull to show evidence of "fake and bias" from [random non right website] comes from their opinion section that "anti" people take as gospel.

They didn't forget to mention it; it wasn't their question.

That said, perhaps Trump supporters should remember this list of headlines the next time they're crying about how unfair CNN is to report about the fact that nobody working for him or sharing his last name can seem to remember what meetings they attended with the Russian foreign minister.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

That place is an utter shithole that gets brigaded whenever it's literally ANYBODY who has any even remotely tangential connection to politics.

Although it is funny to see Conservitards and Trumpettes proclaiming CNN was pro-Hillary when they were constantly running anti-Hillary stories.

It's almost like...GASP...it's almost like CNN was pro-outrage for clicks. Regardless of politics.
    Here is your chance moderators... prove you don't have a liberal bias.

What purpose do those kind of labels serve other than being inflammatory?

Most of those headlines were not actual news headlines, but articles from CNN's opinion section.
    Those headlines were from articles that Cillizza wrote. He's one of those obsessively horserace-driven editorialists who lacks any kind of expertise that he can't just pull from his own ass. There are a lot of them because they're cheaper for news organizations to hire than genuine experts in, say, healthcare economics or international relations.

- - - Updated - - -

Free speech and all that, right? I do find it funny you guys get so utterly offended by the word "Trumpette."
    Given that the venn diagram of people around here who are both Trump supporters and flailing misogynists is pretty much a single circle, it's probably the "ette" part that is getting to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah see here's the thing, I'm not attacking a single person. Which is something you guys who constantly whine about the mods always fail to understand.

Kudos for apparently being so triggered over a 6th-grade-esque insult that you want me to be infracted.

Free speech and all that, right? I do find it funny you guys get so utterly offended by the word "Trumpette."
    Ya I thought CNN was supposed to be the bad guy for intimidating someone over their "free speech". But more like CNN is the bad guy for appropriating their tactics.

Hiding behind mods/police or authority figures is another of their tactics. There was one study that showed the best predictor of being a Trump supporter was being authoritarian.

I do find it funny you guys get so utterly offended by the word "Trumpette."
    Overall I agree with you but it is very intellectually dishonest to not include that you called them retards and instead focus on the much less harmful "Trumpette."
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Overall I agree with you but it is very intellectually dishonest to not include that you called them retards and instead focus on the much less harmful "Trumpette."
    That's just been the way things have been. a fair amount of people that said liberal cuck was a dumb childish insult (and it is) seem to have no problem being a child themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

Life has a liberal bias.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Almost all headlines people pull to show evidence of "fake and bias" from [random non right website] comes from their opinion section that "anti" people take as gospel.
    Lol so true. They can't even bring themselves to see the big words on the top of the page stating 'OPINION'.

Or maybe, and stay with me here Dex because I'm going to BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND RIGHT NOW, I use those terms because conservatives started it? And I'm not one of those liberals who sits their holding their nose going, "THEY'RE ACTING SO BARBARIC, HOW CAN THEY!" and constantly lose every election.

If Trumpette is going to trigger you as nothing but a description compared to calling people cucks, then maybe you're the one who isn't being intellectually honest. I am enjoying being the center of attention right now though. You guys aren't like those dang ole liburl sjw cucks who get offended to the umpteenth degree whenever attacked. Nope.
    Again. No problem with being a small child. Thank you for admitting to it.

10+ Year Old Account

Although it is funny to see Trumpettes proclaiming CNN was pro-Hillary when they were constantly running anti-Hillary stories.

Lmao. CNN negative hillary stories. Link em. The network isnt called Clinton News Network for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Life has a liberal bias.
    That's deep man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post

he wont get infracted. Meanwhile if you say libtard you get infracted ( I've been infracted 6 times so far for saying it in a fucking explanatory tone ). They refuse to let mmo-champion be anything but a liberal echo chamber.... whats funny is watching these people argue that they agree.

If the shoe fits on your strawman, go for it. I couldn't possibly care less what you think

And back to ignoring you go.
    Hey. Don't fret. I'm sure you'll be on big boy insults soon.

Also. Is this the fifth time you claimed to ignore me then talk to me? Delightful. Such resolve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah see here's the thing, I'm not attacking a single person. Which is something you guys who constantly whine about the mods always fail to understand.

Kudos for apparently being so triggered over a 6th-grade-esque insult that you want me to be infracted.

It's not offending... its the fact that every poster who shows that they arent fully supportive of the left gets infracted for the equal terms for liberals.

It's fucking retarded. But what can we really expect..... its mmo-champ and we know how they mod.

Lmao opinion pieces != cnn. It = the author. Link me a single show segment, or official CNN STORY ( not opinion piece ). You cant. Bye thread. I've had enough of liberal posters being allowed to call the rest of retards and the like, but the second a person doesnt support the leftest bullshit we get infracted.

@Endus and company - You're the worst mods ever witnessed on a forum.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2017-07-18 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

However, the purpose of the moderators is not to nail every obnoxious and contemptible person, but rather to enforce forum rules/guidelines to maintain a desirable tone, a tone the encourages discussion. Your post may be skirting the forum rules, but the retaliation posts that follow will inevitably not be. "Conservitard" is an attack and an open invitation for confrontation to anyone who doesn't consider themselves "liberal", the purpose of which is nothing short of inciting unrest and is intended to be inflammatory to anyone who reads it. Per your MO you will undoubtedly use the moderators as weapons against those that have ultimately only responded in kind. Because you're the victim amirite?

-Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
    -Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    -Making non-constructive posts
    Pretty sure the second post of this thread fits that build. Great discussion.

Unless of course you do claim to be liberal... in which case you can do no wrong. Carry on.