Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post

The same way anything else can be interesting. You flesh it out. The Void is all encompassing and terrible, thats the basis for some of the best horror ever written. Being purposely obtuse about their potential doesn't alter whats there.
    If they want to turn them into something, those dickwaffles shouldnt have called it VOID.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about ANY of the big bads honestly. I do care about the Void more than the Legion though simply because it is "new" to Warcraft. It has been whispered and we have seen their influence for a long while but I just want new stuff. Really want them to wrap up all the old lore and start entirely new stories and threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Voidwalkers I have seen a few times. But someone said void lords are bigger than a planet and scarier than old gods.
    Although that pic is the Voidlord warlock pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If they want to turn them into something, those dickwaffles shouldnt have called it VOID.
    You're so needlessly pedantic. It's not a flattering look.

This is all built on the light vs dark, positive vs negative, existence vs nonexistence stuff that's pretty fundamental in lots of mythologies and fantasy settings.

There's no difference between anthropomorphizing the void and anthropomorphizing light or chaos or fire or water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You're so needlessly pedantic. It's not a flattering look.

This is all built on the light vs dark, positive vs negative, existence vs nonexistence stuff that's pretty fundamental in lots of mythologies and fantasy settings.

There's no difference between anthropomorphizing the void and anthropomorphizing light or chaos or fire or water.
    How do you turn void into a compelling character/faction/whatever while still giving a meaning to their name.

I'm interested in them as far as a plot point. I don't care for THEM, I care about what having them as part of the narrative will mean and where we'll go as a result of their presence.

No, I don't know anything about them other than they don't exist in our universe so.

Deleted
    Void is literaly nothing, how can you make that interesting.
    /sigh

Really? You think the forces of the void are gonna be nothing? Stop taking words too literally.

Think of them like the dark side of the force. There won't be raids on Nothing... cmon, use some comon sense here. There will be characters, just like the old gods are characters aswell. We have seen their forces as the faceless and we have not seen what a void lord looks like yet nor what sorts of schemes they have.
    Heck, you can call them the Darkness if you prefer. They are the opposite of light, and they had to pick a word. Void is less cliché than Darkness.

It's a more open and undiscovered WoW. Enjoy that cause its more interesting than already knowing everything. At this point, we can still be surprised.

Without knowing more about them it's hard to care, once we know more about them it'll likely change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    /sigh

Really? You think the forces of the void are gonna be nothing? Stop taking words too literally.

Think of them like the dark side of the force. There won't be raids on Nothing... cmon, use some comon sense here. There will be characters, just like the old gods are characters aswell. We have seen their forces as the faceless and we have not seen what a void lord looks like yet nor what sorts of schemes they have.
    Heck, you can call them the Darkness if you prefer. They are the opposite of light, and they had to pick a word. Void is less cliché than Darkness.

It's a more open and undiscovered WoW. Enjoy that cause its more interesting than already knowing everything. At this point, we can still be surprised.
    Why should I be surprised about something we are going to kill without effort anyway. Optionaly with a help from a plot device and some NPC yelling how we are going to make it.

Deleted
    Why should I be surprised about something we are going to kill without effort anyway. Optionaly with a help from a plot device and some NPC yelling how we are going to make it.
    Sounds to me like you have a problem with the game in general. If you don't enjoy it, you have the option not to play it.

Sounds to me like you have a problem with the game in general. If you don't enjoy it, you have the option not to play it.
    And you sound awfully defensive when I am speaking truth.

Deleted
    And you sound awfully defensive when I am speaking truth.
    I'm not beeing defensive. I don't have a problem with NPC's helping me. But it is something that happened in most raids. I don't see it changing. So, i don't know how you can be helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    How do you turn void into a compelling character/faction/whatever while still giving a meaning to their name.
    Maybe void is just catchy name. Like that one dude in berserk is named void but he is brain skeleton with really long hands (than again, just like all god hands members his name is reference to sci-fi books).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nope. Another boring mindlessly evil threat void (geddit?) of any depth.

I'm not beeing defensive. I don't have a problem with NPC's helping me. But it is something that happened in most raids. I don't see it changing. So, i don't know how you can be helped.
    Glad to see you focusing on one small thing in an already short post.

Deleted
    Sigh... sick of people hating for no reason.

Do YOU know any Void lords yet? Can it be they are still beeing built up?

At the moment, theres no void lords. They have not been a part of the game, we only heard about them in the chronicle. So hold your horses. As far as WoW players know, theres only old gods. So, OBVIOUSLY you can't possibly care about them yet.
    Well atm they are shown as beings that are evil because they are born evil and nothing more doing stuff without motivation and just try to destroy the light. Sound very as a comic book villian.

Also they are beings so big that the old gods are there little pets, they are and should be villians for planet sized titans not small weak beings like us.

I rather fight beings that are more in line of our own powers.
    In my opinion best villian start out as good and became evil like Arthas and Illidan.
    And have a motivation behind there actions what can be considered good and evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I have never heard of or seen a void lord, I believe, so don't really care. But sounds awesome!
    The void lords look like Voidcallers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it difficult to care about it, I wish Warcraft would return to it's roots.

I can't help it, whenever I see franchise going into intergalactic odyssey, time travel and overblown power levels, I think it is pretty much done. I see no coming back out of this, I will still buy next expansion for playthrough though.

I don't know. Warcraft now feels like Hobbit movies, some cool and memorable bits inside cheesy rollercoaster, but I still enjoyex it for what it was. Definitely not a LotR trilogy I fell in love with and did multiple extended version marathons.

to be fair they havent really shown us in game the devastation of the void lords aside from the fact that we know the old gods are their minions, just wait and see what they have in store