Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

So far I would say 7.2 > 7.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure Gurzog, we know your trolling well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    So far I would say 7.2 > 7.3
    Bigger, as in hours of quests etc (about 30-45 minutes of quests per class in 7.2 equaling a total of 6-9h of just class stuff) probably, better probably not. Tho this is something that is highly subjective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    why not combine light and void?
    Like Turalion and Alleria?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Bigger, as in hours of quests etc (about 30-45 minutes of quests per class in 7.2 equaling a total of 6-9h of just class stuff) probably, better probably not. Tho this is something that is highly subjective.
    Indeed it is, yet 7.2 added more stuff that I care about it fixed the leveling up of alts and made (well coupled with the hotfixes and stuff) alt progression fun. I dont raid I am more of a mog collector. but 7.3 is quite meh for me. World quests and stuff just doesnt cut it.

10+ Year Old Account
    KJ had quite the hate boner for Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    - The Broken Shore zone - Aesthetically and Gameplay wise - bland. Not much to do except the same old WQs, rares, chests
    A charge you could essentially level at any new zone. Without discussing the actual content on an individual basis, the criticism sounds like "a new zone where you have run around and just do stuff. Boring."

- About 30+ World Quests that randomize per reset - Bland. Same shit as before. No variation or excitement. "HERO, I HAVE DROPPED MY COINS. COLLECT THEM - CUCK'GAR
    Not all the quests are made equal, sure. Some have interesting mechanics, lore tidbits, and are just fun to do. Sure, having to do them 1,000 times grates on the nerves - which is my primary complaint with 7.2.

- The Cathedral of Eternal Night dungeon One of the worst patch dungeons we've ever received. All of my guildies did it once then never went back
    YMMV. I enjoyed the dungeon and its content - the encounters were fun and the aesthetic of the place combined ancient Night Elven and Legion design elements in an interesting fashion.

- The Sentinax event Mob grinding? Unsure how its an "event"
    Not too dissimilar from other "events" in the game. The mob-grinding is a completion mechanic, but it's still content serving as an alternative way to collect patch-related currencies and a fun distraction from WQ's or other elements.

- 10+ World Bosses counting the Sentinax Lieutenant spawns - These are called rares
    The bosses summoned at the end of a Sentinax event are a bit meatier than the rare-elites stationed around the Broken Shore. Not sure "World Boss" is really the right term as they're somewhere between rare-elite and World Boss difficulty.

- The Invasion events - After you've done it once you never do it again. Completing the invasion doesn't actually offer a tangible reward. Most people do the WQs in the zone for nethershards and leave without completing the invasion
    The Invasions were fun a couple times - I did them all for completions' sake, and on subsequent runs if I opted to do one I'd typically finish it (hoping for the xmog gear that drops from the Scenario final boss). If it were *just* the Invasions I would say it would be extremely lackluster as well, but as just an additional thing to do they're fine.

- The Order Hall champion quest-chains and scenarios Lmao these were weak and you know it.
    I really don't "know it?" Several of them were great, and I enjoyed resurrecting a giant, undead dragon and going to town on the Legion forces at the Broken Shore at the culmination of the DK one. I haven't done them all, so perhaps some of them are weaker than the others - I did DH, DK, and Warlock and found them interesting.

- The Order Hall mount quest-chains and scenarios I do not need to keep stating how awful this "quest chain" was. The only thing worth mentioning is the 10-15 minute taming scenario at the end.
    YMMV, I guess. I enjoyed the three I've done so far - and again, if it was the only content it wouldn't be very compelling, but as part of the package it's fine.

- The Legionfall building mechanic system and associated rewardsThe building mechanic is just another way to force you to do WQs. There is no other meaningful way to acquire legionfall supplies. Wouldn't it be nice if there was other activities to acquire them? Maybe doing the shitty dungeon? The raid? And the reward is just another RNG box.......
    I like that these buildings and the buffs they grant offer a tangible, physical reward visible within the in-game world. Much better than just filling up a reputation bar or fulfilling a quest mechanic to run X Broken Shore World Quests. The cyclical building, destruction, rebuilding thing is a bit off-putting after a while - but I think that is more owed to the expanse of time between 7.2's opening and ToS being accessible more than anything else. An improvement over the Apexis mechanic of WoD which was to fill bars and then get a reward payout. There's further refinement possible, no doubt; but still a step in the right direction. Hopefully 7.3 takes this concept and tunes it further.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Interesting, and also gives hope for the future. The visions of Xe'ra are not set in stone - so her "depiction" of the future may now be in question if not completely set aside.
    like i said earlier, it shows that naaru can be manipulative and shit. this is a good thing imo, it's about time they showed shadiness in the light.

honestly, these lightforged draenei kinda rub me the wrong way too. like she was very controlling and wanting everyone infused with light. alleria's looking like she's having doubts about xe'ra purity too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    like i said earlier, it shows that naaru can be manipulative and shit. this is a good thing imo, it's about time they showed shadiness in the light.

honestly, these lightforged draenei kinda rub me the wrong way too. like she was very controlling and wanting everyone infused with light. alleria's looking like she's having doubts about xe'ra purity too.
    I've never trusted the Naaru - even since their unveiling back in TBC. They've got an undefined but omnipresent sense of being just too good or too pure, at least to me. I chalked it up to my own cynical distrust, but it appears both Velen and Illidan see them in a similar fashion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7.2 was complete garbage. Please stop posting.
    It was an ok patch. Nothing wrong with it. but 7.3 Is just 6.2 levels of Garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I find the more interesting thing being WHY he refused? Does Illidan think he has a better plan? If a "light mother"/Naaru of immense power offered to infuse him the Light I'm pretty sure Illidan would go for it. He will use anything and everything within his grasp to defeat the Legion.
    I imagine he took umbrage to the cost of that power, whatever it might've been. The cinematic that plays at the time of Xe'ra's death will probably make it more clear. I can imagine it might involve the removal of certain aspects of Illidan's nature that he might want to preserve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    It was an ok patch. Nothing wrong with it. but 7.3 Is just 6.2 levels of Garbage.
    Are you sure we're discussing the same patch? 7.3 seems to have even more content than 7.2 did - 3 large questing zones, a ton of new "event" types, another new dunegon, a new raid, and models and lore galore?

Am I the only one to which this sounds like Illidan is the one that destroys Xe'ra?

What we knew before is that-
    1: We go to repair Xe'ra.
    2. She is destroyed afterwards.
    We didn't know what happens in between.

Now it seems what happened in between is-
    1: She tried to "force destiny" on Illidan.
    2. She could not be allowed to do so, even in Velen's eyes.
    3. The way Illidan refused isn't one that Velen would have desired.

To me, this all sounds like Xe'ra was restored, then tried to purify Illidan into the tool of the Light she desired him to be. And he refused by throwing his glaives through that wind chime.

That's speculation, of course. But based on the info we have now, I'd say it's very likely Xe'ra was destroyed by Illidan when he tried to force him into her mold.

I'm a little biased in this. It's been my theory for a while now that Xe'ra's words to us and Illidan were to manipulate things to her advantage, rather than the full truth. After all, without convincing us to resurrect Illidan, we'd never have gone to Argus. So my theory has been that Xe'ra's goal from the start has just been to get the reinforcements she seeks for the Army of Light. Simply convincing us to get her the tools for her ideal army, with words of prophecy and destiny. In light of this new info, Xe'ra as manipulator certainly appears to hold a lot of merit.

There's definitely more to do on Antorus but it seems a bugged phase is not letting us continue past establishing a foothold.

If you look at Antorus from either of the two other zones, there's a quest that is being offered by somebody at the first base you establish, but they simply aren't there if you actually go to Antorus.

Even in that short intro to Antorus, though, I'm already getting heavy 7.2 vibes of, "We're here but we don't have enough resources yet to withstand the Legion!" aka "Get ready for the time gating!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

Am I the only one to which this sounds like Illidan is the one that destroys Xe'ra?

What we knew before is that-
    1: We go to repair Xe'ra.
    2. She is destroyed afterwards.
    We didn't know what happens in between.

Now it seems what happened in between is-
    1: She tried to "force destiny" on Illidan.
    2. She could not be allowed to do so, even in Velen's eyes.
    3. The way Illidan refused isn't one that Velen would have desired.

To me, this all sounds like Xe'ra was restored, then tried to purify Illidan into the tool of the Light she desired him to be. And he refused by throwing his glaives through that wind chime.

That's speculation, of course. But based on the info we have now, I'd say it's very likely Xe'ra was destroyed by Illidan when he tried to force him into her mold.

I'm a little biased in this. It's been my theory for a while now that Xe'ra's words to us and Illidan were to manipulate things to her advantage, rather than the full truth. After all, without convincing us to resurrect Illidan, we'd never have gone to Argus. So my theory has been that Xe'ra's goal from the start has just been to get the reinforcements she seeks for the Army of Light. Simply convincing us to get her the tools for her ideal army, with words of prophecy and destiny. In light of this new info, Xe'ra as manipulator certainly appears to hold a lot of merit.
    My current theory is that for Xe'ra to "live" without her Naaru form she needs to instill Illidan with her power - something Illidan, in the end, does not permit as it would irrevocably change his nature (the antithesis of his consumption of the energies of the Skull of Gul'dan). Without his consent Xe'ra essentially bleeds away, leaving only the part of her power that provides a part for the Vindicaar's systems used later on. I don't think Velen or Turalyon would let Illidan just up and destroy a Naaru - but they also couldn't forcibly make him accept a would-be ultimatum given to him by one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There's definitely more to do on Antorus but it seems a bugged phase is not letting us continue past establishing a foothold.

If you look at Antorus from either of the two other zones, there's a quest that is being offered by somebody at the first base you establish, but they simply aren't there if you actually go to Antorus.

Even in that short intro to Antorus, though, I'm already getting heavy 7.2 vibes of, "We're here but we don't have enough resources yet to withstand the Legion!" aka "Get ready for the time gating!"
    Do you mean stigyan wake? I haven't even been able to see the ''base''.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-07-19 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I imagine he took umbrage to the cost of that power, whatever it might've been. The cinematic that plays at the time of Xe'ra's death will probably make it more clear. I can imagine it might involve the removal of certain aspects of Illidan's nature that he might want to preserve.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure we're discussing the same patch? 7.3 seems to have even more content than 7.2 did - 3 large questing zones, a ton of new "event" types, another new dunegon, a new raid, and models and lore galore?
    to me that is just a new dungeons and world quests and story quests with some new rift system that was kinda "meh" and not what i wanted/expected (which was basically run around andkill stuff until a rift guardian comes out, it was close but not what i wanted. But other than that it is meh.

Actually I would consider 6.2 a much better patch that is on the level of 7.2 Due to it adding stuff like well the bonus weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Do you mean stigyan wake? I haven't even been able to to the ''base''.
    They've renamed it to the Antorus Wake.

You can establish two bases but its over in about 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.2 was complete garbage. Please stop posting.
    7.2 was pretty awesome. Please stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    what does the quality of patch content have do with lore and spoliers

The final zone of Argus is a bit disappointing to me. It's super dark, and just feels like 7.2 version 2. Which is too bad, after how impressive the other two zones were.

I also tried the dungeon, but it crashed. And I died on the final zone, and am not continuously placed at a graveyard that's underneath the map, making my plummet into nothingness and crash. So I guess my exploring for this build is over.