"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/fdbdb856b493642cce43ab67706fe83e/tumblr_otb1ik4Nr81snosjno1_540.gif[IMG]
    Really enjoyed this episode, I genuinely felt excited for them both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Sesto, people are bullying me because they don't understand the necessity of farming a quest to ascend my Heracles, or get enough saint quartz to roll daddy Gilg.
    Grinding isn't even a problem. When you start spending hundreds of dollars to buy quartz for a new Servant, that's when you're going to need an intervention

Besides, Gil is a loser. Save your quartz and just use this cute golden Archer when we get her for free in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Grinding isn't even a problem. When you start spending hundreds of dollars to buy quartz for a new Servant, that's when you're going to need an intervention

Besides, Gil is a loser. Save your quartz and just use this cute golden Archer when we get her for free in a month or two.
    He was considering putting money into it.
    We had to bully him out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    koi to uso 3 - I'm fine with this development.
    [CENTER]

I think that Princess Principal is a cool package overall. Mark this day in the calendar I thought cute girls doing things was a fun experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    I think that Princess Principal is a cool package overall. Mark this day in the calendar I thought cute girls doing things was a fun experience.
    July 18, 2017. Never forget.

That ending song still throws me off so much.
    Last edited by Suicidal Panda; 2017-07-19 at 02:09 AM.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    July 18, 2017. Never forget.

That ending song still throws me off so much.
    Every time it starts up I'm reminded of the Engrish ED to Spice and Wolf S1.

Castlevania Animated Series - Netflix

I've never played Castlevania before, but I am aware of the general plot.

The animation itself was hit or miss: the opening and Dracula's fire in the first episode was great, and Trevor's fights in the second episode was good, but everything else was rather stiff and sometimes disjointed. The facial animations are quite bland as well, and some frames were rather undetailed (notice Dracula's face in the first couple minutes). The compositing was hit or miss as well, with early scenes like the burning scene and Dracula's initial attack being seamlessly, but I definitely remember the scene with the 3D CGI gears not being so composited well. I am NOT A HATER of 3D CGI; I love 3D CGI... when it's used well. Ufotable, Kyoani, Polygon Pictures, and Bones are excellent users of 3D CGI. Perhaps season 2 will have a budget increase? Ofcourse it will; it's going to have double the episodes that's going to be double the budget, but I meant the budget for each episode would be increased proportionally so we could possibly get more fluid animation that's consistently on model, and perhaps more investment in the photography department (which handles compositing).

Looking on Wikipedia, I see five studios listed, making it rather difficult to ascertain who is primarily responsible for the animation itself. Perhaps blog.sakugabooru will enlighten us?

When it came to the voice work, Richard Armitage's nonchalance, James Callis's calm demeanor and sarcasm, and Graham McTavish's fury were the standouts for me. I particularly liked Trevor's line about people's ignorance allowing tyranny to thrive, and Alucard's joke about Trevor's "tactics" during their confrontation.

The opening music is nice, but the rest of the series' soundtrack was bland and unmemorable, as is typical of western soundtracks. I could not pick out any leitmotifs nor interesting melodies in any of the tracks, and none of the climatic moments had (from what I could remember) accentuating music. Outside of the OP, there was nothing worth opening up Youtube to listen to. I don't know if this is typical of Trevor Morris' work, but it disappointing. In this case, it seems that having access to music from the games would have definitely been preferable, even if they were instrumental/orchestral versions, but there may have been licensing issues.

As for the series itself, it was clearly meant to test the waters: there's no "adult" animation of this type (as in, NOT comedy ala Simpsons/American Dad/South Park) in the west, so Netflix was trying to figure out whether or not there was demand for something like this (which is yes ofcourse, because otherwise R-rated anime like Fate, Attack on Titan, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, FMA:B, Hellsing and so forth be so incredibly popular over here).

Plot wise, the first episode was an enthralling start, then the pacing slowed somewhat when the focus was placed on Trevor in the bar. I felt it would have been more impactful if the staff had gone the Berserk (1997 version ofcourse) route of introducing the audience to the protagonist by showing him hunting down demons and being badass (ie, being an active protagonist introduction) as opposed to starting with him waiting for something to happen to him (passive protagonist introduction). That said, showing Trevor as a nonchalant drunk was pretty interesting. The pacing slows down to a bog when it's just a bunch of exposition with the Speakers; at least Ufotable made their obligatory exposition entertaining or VERY interesting. Overall, the four episodes played out like the standard adventure-anime opening arc. Mixed feelings, but a definite thumbs up, and I'd absolutely watch more. Hopefully this encourages Netflix to port more anime over (AND ACTUALLY SIMULCAST IT!) and fund more western animation in this vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Every time it starts up I'm reminded of the Engrish ED to Spice and Wolf S1.

[video=youtube;Vo_wVKQMSBc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_wVKQMSBc[video]
    The ED made this play in my head.

kud wafter anime preview
    crowdfunding link they already sold out of the top tier
    looks like they're changing they story a bit to include all the characters and not just have kud and mc-kun

no new recreators episode this week (some voice actor special)
    Last edited by bals; 2017-07-19 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    kud wafter anime preview
    crowdfunding link they already sold out of the top tier
    looks like they're changing they story a bit to include all the characters and not just have kud and mc-kun

no new recreators episode this week (some voice actor special)
    Wafu .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Breath of the Wild has been my life for like the past month or so. I found all 120 shrines, almost 700 koroks, upgraded all gear to 4-star, and started a new Master Mode file which is brutal in all the best ways.

It amuses me how much Zelda sounds like Senjougahara sometimes. The Japanese voice acting is incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    It amuses me how much Zelda sounds like Senjougahara sometimes. The Japanese voice acting is incredible.
    is it because zelda is voiced by chiwa saito? or just a soundalike?:P
    [CENTER]

So I never realized I'd enjoy a show like Ballroom e Youkoso so much that I need to read the manga for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    So I never realized I'd enjoy a show like Ballroom e Youkoso so much that I need to read the manga for it now.
    It'll get even better when best girl Chinatsu appears, though that probably won't happen till ep 10 or 12 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    But... but... Mako-chan!

I also can't wait to see Hyoudou's mother.
    Wasn't the super eccentric dance teacher Hyoudou's big sis? Could be wrong though as it's been a while since I read most of the chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Manga 'Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii' Gets TV Anime

After discovering that they work at the same company, a gaming-craze otaku and a fujoshi met for the first time since middle school. After some post-work drinking session, they begin dating, but will it be a perfect relationship for the two?
    https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1639664

10+ Year Old Account
    finished the king's avatar - I really enjoyed the first halfish of it, until it became more pvp based
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account

I was bored at work yesterday, so I ran through one of those hunger game simulations again.
    If you somehow weren't in it, sorry. I just took the top 36 posters (substituting a few that were banned).

Link to full game: http://imgur.com/a/V7neW

tfw get killed immediately