Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    It's easy to downplay someones feats when you put it like that. But what exactly has Rommath done? If Thalen was such a great magister, he wouldn't be in hiding. Jaina has done incredible things with her magic and there is no one besides Khadgar and Azshara who rival her strength. Not from lore, not from the current players on the board.
    Rommath rebuilt Silvermoon

also thats how Jaina is classified, strongest female human. Also Thalen literally shrugged off her strongest arcane attack in a book.

hes hiding because he basically made himself an enemy of his own people.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-19 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    But what exactly has Rommath done?
    Rommath doesn't need to have monumental feats in order to prove anything. He covers the arguably most prestigious rank when it comes to Blood Elf sorcerers within a society basically built on magic. He's also way older than Jaina and that's guarantee greater experience, further proved from the way Thalen easily handled Jaina's "mighty" attacks. No way in hell Jaina can realistically compete with the older and strongest elf sorcerers of Quel'Thalas.

If Thalen was such a great magister, he wouldn't be in hiding
    He's in hiding because he closely conspired with an individual pretty much universally acknowleged as a war criminal nowdays. He has not many allies left so indeed he has to hide. That has little to nothing to do with his capabilities as a mage.

Jaina has done incredible things with her magic
    It's more like she got more visibility than others, Khadgar aside. It doesn't mean that what she did is otherwordly stuff. She's the best human sorceress around and that's surely mean something but given how very specific such definition is, that easily implies that beyond said sphere better mages than Jaina indeed exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, it's easy to make things fit your own agenda. And yes, he does need to have monumental feats. We're talking about their raw power. Rommath hasn't done anything significant nor has he ever shown to be more powerful than Jaina. He doesn't get as much "lore-time", but I'm basing this off what we know in lore.
    What we know is that a blood elf under his power was able to take Jaina's most powerful arcane blast. As far as "lore time" and "what we know in lore" Jaina is the strongest Female human. Thats right out of lore.

I still have to disagree. Unless there are mages we're unaware of. I don't think any hold a candle to Jaina besides Khadgar and Azshara. Thalyssra could be a good candidate, but I'm not entirely sure of her power in general. She seems very capable of handling herself though. There's just no denying Jaina is extremely capable, taught by one of the best mages the world has ever seen. She's well up there and I think she'd be more than capable to take down any current living mage with the exception of Khadgar/Azshara of course.
    We have a random blood elf Aethas shown to be able to take her on. Shes the best female human Sorceress. Shes not the guardian etc.

So he's a builder and is capable of making things look pretty? What about his power? I'm aware of Thalen, but you act as though it downplays the rest of the things she's capable of. It does not.
    Building a city with magic is now just " a builder?" Hes the strongest Blood elf mage out there, and was a personal friend of the strongest Blood elf mage before him, Kaelthas.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Like I said, it's easy to make things fit your own agenda. And yes, he does need to have monumental feats. We're talking about their raw power. Rommath hasn't done anything significant nor has he ever shown to be more powerful than Jaina. He doesn't get as much "lore-time", but I'm basing this off what we know in lore.
    What was said in lore is that Jaina is the strongest female human sorceress nothing else is ever said about her power. Sure she does flashy stuff, but that isn't leaps and bounds above other magi. And the title of Grandmagister is not for show the six have always turned to the elves in times they were in over their heads in terms of magic and asked for their knowledge. Rommath also busted into Dalaran, while it was under martial law, rallied the sunreavers to hold the city center and later gave the players a crystal that bypassed all the kirin tor defenses to port people out.

I still have to disagree. Unless there are mages we're unaware of. I don't think any hold a candle to Jaina besides Khadgar and Azshara. Thalyssra could be a good candidate, but I'm not entirely sure of her power in general. She seems very capable of handling herself though. There's just no denying Jaina is extremely capable, taught by one of the best mages the world has ever seen. She's well up there and I think she'd be more than capable to take down any current living mage with the exception of Khadgar/Azshara of course.
    Pretty much any blue dragon worth their salt is above her in terms of magical knowledge and power. Jaina is gifted but by no means the strongest there simply too many powerful magi out there and the whole tides of war up until warcrimes cemented, that Jaina is no I will wreck anything in my path mage, it showed her clear limitations, her abilities are top notch, but simply don't set her so far apart from other seasoned magi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Building a city with magic is now just " a builder?" Hes the strongest Blood elf mage out there, and was a personal friend of the strongest Blood elf mage before him, Kaelthas.
    That we don't know the grand magister is elected, dar'khan never was because he was such a nasty piece of work and he made Kalec, Krasus and Sylvanas punching bags.

To put it in perspective the Kirin tor took years to repair their city, the magisters rebuild half their city almost overnight and drove the scourge south.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-07-19 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What was said in lore is that Jaina is the strongest female human sorceress nothing else is ever said about her power. Sure she does flashy stuff, but that isn't leaps and bounds above other magi. And the title of Grandmagister is not for show the six have always turned to the elves in times they were in over their heads in terms of magic and asked for their knowledge. Rommath also busted into Dalaran, while it was under martial law, rallied the sunreavers to hold the city center and later gave the players a crystal that bypassed all the kirin tor defenses to port people out.

Pretty much any blue dragon worth their salt is above her in terms of magical knowledge and power. Jaina is gifted but by no means the strongest there simply too many powerful magi out there and the whole tides of war up until warcrimes cemented, that Jaina is no I will wreck anything in my path mage, it showed her clear limitations, her abilities are top notch, but simply don't set her so far apart from other seasoned magi.

- - - Updated - - -

That we don't know the grand magister is elected, dar'khan never was because he was such a nasty piece of work and he made Kalec, Krasus and Sylvanas punching bags.
    Well he had the sole power of the sunwell going through him too.
    Holy shit lol

Well he had the sole power of the sunwell going through him too.
    Prior to that, he basically bitch slapped kalec the moment he met him. And he didn't have it at the time which is why he needed sylvanas to undo the magic keeping Anveena together. So he controlled krasus to beat the anti caster sylvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    And no where does it say Rommath is more powerful, or vice versa. This is just speculation, and Jaina has a lot to back up that she's more powerful, while Rommath, not so much. Blame that on the lore if you must
    Except there hasnt been anything to Show Rommath being weaker, you can assume but there is nothing that even remotely states that.

I'm not denying he's strong, just not as strong as Jaina lol. I don't see how Rommath building up a city with magic shows he is more powerful than her. I really don't.
    You're basing shes stronger than him over nothing. We know he taught blood elves how to syphon magic, was a former archmage of Dalaran and rebuilt Silvermoon and reclaimed it practically overnight.

There's just too little on Rommath for him to be placed above Jaina.

and yet shes stronger than him despite his inferior taking her on?

- - - Updated - - -

Prior to that, he basically bitch slapped kalec the moment he met him. And he didn't have it at the time which is why he needed sylvanas to undo the magic keeping Anveena together.
    Well at that point he was a servent to the lich king, and a lich. Not really a standard mage.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-19 at 03:20 AM.
    Holy shit lol

Well at that point he was a servent to the lich king, and a lich. Not really a standard mage.
    Jaina isn't a standard mage either, but regardless dar'khan was ultimately still a mage and so is Kel'thuzad. Just incredibly hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Help me settle a wager, Based on legion information which faction currently has the stronger faction leaders.

Personally I think its the alliance because Velen and Malfurion tip the scales so much.

Alliance - Leader (King Anduin Wrynn / Genn Greymane)
    umm.. wat?

10+ Year Old Account
    How does that mean Rommath is more powerful? Does Rommath train all of the Sunreavers? Shouldn't we be giving credit to Aethas?

Aethas is an inexperienced twit and the laughingstock of nearly all blood elf fans.
    Holy shit lol

The horde wins, simple

>Scream velen's son name, he's out of the picture
    >Create some Malfurion illusions, Tyrande is out of the picture
    Malfurion is the only problematic

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina isn't a standard mage either, but regardless dar'khan was ultimately still a mage and so is Kel'thuzad. Just incredibly hard to kill.
    Well last I checked Jaina wasnt a lich, and I personally find it a stretch to call a lich a mage.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The horde wins, simple

>Scream velen's son name, he's out of the picture
    >Create some Malfurion illusions, Tyrande is out of the picture
    Malfurion is the only problematic
    >draw a picture of Tyrande banging Illidan and Malf is out of the picture

- - - Updated - - -

I can't disagree with you there. But with your logic, if he trained Thalen, and Thalen bested Jaina, that means Aethas is more powerful than Jaina?
    Hes as strong as Modera, so it depends on how strong Modera is.
    Holy shit lol

I forgot about the Blue Dragons. I guess that's mainly their fault for being irrelevant and dead. I still disagree though, not about Kalec, but her being not much different from seasoned magi. She's more than capable and has proved it time and time again.
    How? Because I have seen anything she has done and by all means it is nothing no other seasoned magi with proper preparation couldn't do. There are simply too many good magi around to simply put her on the pedestal, strongest mage. Because her wards were broken by other magi (Rommath), she was bested in the heat of battle (Thalen) and there was recently someone introduced who has more of a knack for teleportation than her (Occuleth). Don't get me wrong she is top tier but she simply isn't the strongest.

- - - Updated - - -

Well last I checked Jaina wasnt a lich, and I personally find it a stretch to call a lich a mage.
    How so? They are merely undead hard to kill and are more knowledgeable than most magi. They still use mostly arcane powers, with some necromancy here and there.

Do you honestly think the basic mage could do the things Jaina could? I mean lets be honest here....
    I am talking about seasoned magi here, like Thalyssra, Occuleth, Elisande, Rommath,Thalen, dar'khan,Kalec, Kel'thuzad, Khadgar, Aegwynn, Meryl, Alodi, Keal'thas, Anasterian...... you get the gist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those, yes, but most of those are dead. I think the only ones that rival her strength are Khadgar and Azshara. Possibly Thalyssra. But the rest? I really don't think so.
    Based off what? What has shown her to be as strong as any of those mages? Just because you havent been killed doesnt make you stronger than those who did.
    Holy shit lol

Do you honestly think the basic mage could do the things Jaina could? I mean lets be honest here....
    yes... all of jaina's over the top shit was all powered by stupid strong artifacts....

Most of those, yes, but most of those are dead. I think the only ones that rival her strength are Khadgar and Azshara. Possibly Thalyssra. But the rest? I really don't think so.
    Really how so? What is it that sets jaina truly apart? What is it that makes her more powerful than most of the other seasoned magi? Was it the focusing iris that was crucial in order to even begin the wave to destroy orgrimmar, was it her ability to teleport hundreds of people, like Rommath during the evacuation of Silvermoon, was it her battle skills that got her pretty much killed in war crimes ? Are it her wards that were broken in Dalaran?

Nothing Jaina has done sets her truly apart from the other powerful magi of Azeroth absolutely nothing, she is very powerful but from what I have seen and read I wouldn't even dream of crowning her the strongest. In fact it is nigh impossible to tell which magi is the strongest at the moment.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-07-19 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based off what I've seen and read.

And doesn't it? You're the one who thinks Rommath is one of the most powerful magi on Azeroth because his underling managed to best Jaina once. Why is that too much of a stretch?
    You're belief that Jaina is the strongest mage ever makes no sense. I'm not saying Rommath is but its frankly ridiculous to think she outclasses him.

Nothing in the books has shown her to be the strongest mage ever.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    She got killed in War Crimes? So now Shokia is more powerful than Jaina, for getting a good snipe? And yes, she is very powerful. Perhaps it's the amount of "screen time" as you could say, that she gets that sets her apart form the others. We've seen what she's capable of while the others, we hardly see any of them doing anything, even in lore.
    Screen time =/= power. It makes as much sense as saying Shokia is stronger than Jaina because she shot her,
    Holy shit lol