Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. For me leveling a ghyph in a weapon works by feeding it glyphs in the upgrade windows.
    Uhm, maybe i did something wrong, but here's whay i did last night.

Scenario 1: Blue weapon with a socketed glyph, put a glyph in the reagents row, UI showed me glyph getting a whopping 5 XP.
    Scenario 2: Put a glyph as base and a glyph as reagents (no same type for 2.5xp) and UI showed me the glyph leveling up 1 time (so 100+ XP).

Maybe it's a bug? I thought it was wanted to make people burn out of MoF (since it costs 20k to remove a glyph). It should be that in both scenarios either using a Weapon with a socketed glyph or a standalon glyph as base the glyph gets the same amount of XP.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm fairly certain it was bug or something else. Regardless of the order I put stuff in, the glyph in either the weapon or on it's own was getting just as much exp.

One thing that should be noted though! Your weapon gains more experience by feeding it items of the same type. So Blades get more exp per item fed if you feed it blades. For talismans it works the same, but you need to have the same kind of talisman that goes in that slot. So that Faded Dice talisman I have in that pic only gets extra experience from other Dice talismans for that slot.
    Thanks for clarification - then it actually works how i wanted. Then it must have been a bug - since i dropped a 3star crit glyph, i wanted to make use of that but didn't slot it since the bug.

EDIT: i knew already about the same weapon thing, im leveling blues/equipped gear only with equal gear/distillates while i use all the rest to fodder greens i'll fuse later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I think I am done with SWL. I do find the story interesting, but everything else is just frustrating, especially the way gear works. A big part of the enjoyment in these kinds of games is finding new loot. Even when it is just small upgrades while leveling, getting new gear either from drops or quest rewards is fun. With the way gear works in SWL that fun is totally gone. Every quest or drop is just a bag that gives a random piece of loot that it's only use is to either sell to a vendor or on the AH or to use as fodder to raise the level of my equipped gear. That is just super boring. Now there is a chance that I may find a new piece of gear that is three pips and therefore better than what I have, but I still cannot equip it until I sink loads of other green pieces of gear and tons of shards into upgrading it.

So yeah. I may come back one day just to at least play through the storyline and hopefully by then Funcom will work out all the kinks in the game and maybe it will be in a better state then. I have been itching to give FF XIV another shot anyways so I think I will go there for my MMO fix for now.
    Yeah, I'm starting to hit a wall as well. Part of it is because I'm in Egypt, and I largely dislike those zones (outside of a few NPC's like Said), but a lot of the monetization changes are getting more and more grating, even the first round of dailies is looking like more and more "work" and less fun (didn't even bother finishing the 3 main missions last night, I dislike rushing through them but didn't have time to complete 3 new ones or want to quickly repeat 3 old ones in a low level zone or something), and gearing is looking like more and more of a gigantic grind than anything that's going to be enjoyable or allow me to play around with builds and shit.

It's a damn shame that a lot of the changed systems seem so half-thought out and the monetization was made so much harsher, it's really tainting what would otherwise be a pretty fantastic experience. The first batch of monetization changes are pretty good, but they could could definitely use further refinements, and improvements to some game systems as well. I'm already frustrated just trying to grind my ARG weapons up to rank 25 blues to be on-par with my current ones : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm already frustrated just trying to grind my ARG weapons up to rank 25 blues to be on-par with my current ones : /
    The RNG in the quest bags can play such a large part in that too. I got three 3pip crit glyphs early on and sold them for 170k each then just bought my way to max level gear.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I'd suggest bum rushing to Transylvania. Egypt is easily the weakest area.
    Yeah, it's what I had to do last time, it's still frustrating. The worst thing is that it's the second zone that was the bigger challenge to get through for me (not because it was hard, but because it just wasn't fun -_-), and I'm already struggling with the first zone. Why does every MMO need a shitty bloody desert zone, they're almost always the worst : (

Edit - uh...fair warning, avoid farming in groups for now I guess. Bunch of folks on Reddit talking about getting temp/permabans for farming mobs in groups in Transylvania. Nobody is quite sure why yet and there's no Funcom comment on it : /
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-07-11 at 11:07 PM.

I'd suggest bum rushing to Transylvania. Egypt is easily the weakest area.
    I really enjoyed Egypt. I liked Transylvania as a concept but I didn't love the execution.

I think I would have enjoyed Egypt more had there been more to do with Amir, he was an interesting character. The sentinel siblings arguing with each other got kind of tiresome after a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    When exactly was the Steam release supposed to happen? 31th July? I plan to jump in once it hits Steam.

Also, last time I was also in the second zone in Egypt and stopped there (even though I bought several Issues, I just never got there). I really liked Solomon Island, but Egypt dragged. And the second part was worse and I probably only did 1/3-1/2 of that zone.

Also, how exactly does the game work now. It's bascially a single player/small group game now, right? Does that mean you rarely if ever see other players aside from the main hub? Anything else that's completely different (dungeons for example, but I didn't do a single one even in the old version)?

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Also, how exactly does the game work now. It's bascially a single player/small group game now, right? Does that mean you rarely if ever see other players aside from the main hub? Anything else that's completely different (dungeons for example, but I didn't do a single one even in the old version)?
    You're still probably going to see a few people running around. Because of the daily challenges you'll see a few people near the main quest areas in the Kingsmouth zones since those are easy to just crank out. People become a bit more scarce in Egypt and Transylvania but you will still see a few.

Dungeons on story mode are very easy. You won't find any difficulty until you run the elites. You should do the story dungeons as you level, if only for the small chunk of experience and the meta achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yet to finish Blue Mountain, enjoying the story so far and taking my time on everything. Used the Blood Focus from ARG as base weapon to fuse on (2stars plus special) and the rest i've basicaly thrown out as it's a single redeem per character (what the hell Funcom). My current main is a Blue with 1 star so it's an improvement.

One thing i'm not liking much is how you overlevel everything if you do all the quests. I mean, it's not a level issue honestly since level is way less important than gear, but as soon as i enter a new zone everywhere there's marks for avaialble quests and next to zero indicators on how to go through the zone, since i go to nearest hub, do everything there and be done, but then just go around randomly. Well, i'm doing everything anyway so not a problem.

Cannot wait to go to Egypt.
    You can claim only one of each weapon but you can claim them on multiple characters. I took the sword on my templar, and the pistols on my dragon, and I think the shotgun and chaos on my Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You can claim only one of each weapon but you can claim them on multiple characters. I took the sword on my templar, and the pistols on my dragon, and I think the shotgun and chaos on my Illuminati.
    In the end i used them as fodder (excluding the Blood) since they were 9 greens.

Also i "found" the best way to level up stuff without going crazy with items and currencies. First of all use only same-type empowerment - the shards lost in putting every green into your blue weapon isn't worth the XP. Keep some items and level them up as fusion fodders, the rest sell to a vendor and you won't have any shard issue whatsoever. It actually nets you a little bit too much shards, but when you find yourself full just burn them through green empowerments again for fodders. Given the amount needed to get an orange piece of gear, greens are more valuable than they look.

Anyone knows how much hit you need to avoid glancing blows?

EDIT: nvm, i found a handy guild and ill share it here for reference https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorld...endgame_stats/
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-07-17 at 07:58 AM.

Forced myself to almost finish the first zone in Egypt this weekend and was reminded of why I hate the new daily system. Spent a solid chunk of the day playing, but because I was just cleaning up the zone almost all the missions left were side-missions and the main story mission, so despite sitting down for 5-6+ hours of normal play I was left with 4 "main" missions left for the second phase of the meta-daily. Which was incredibly frustrating, because I was "finished" for the day and didn't want to continue playing, but felt bad because I knew I was missing out on 2k+ MOF, and I'm slowly exchanging MOF for Auram to unlock the next tier of sprint.

Just...gah, the daily system is truly awful. It's responsible for killing so much of my desire to play, because given that there's a literal monetary value attached to MOF thanks to the exchange, not getting it feels like "missing out" on money. And going back to old zones to quickly clear out missions isn't fun, especially since one shotting everything ends up breaking some of the early missions (I've done it a few times, it wasn't fun) -_-

Also, found out you need to be 50 to fuse to epic or higher quality gear. That's handy to know before I dumped tons into upgrading weapons. Oh well, at least I've got a bunch of stuff sitting and waiting for me to upgrade when I finally hit 50.

Forced myself to almost finish the first zone in Egypt this weekend and was reminded of why I hate the new daily system. Spent a solid chunk of the day playing, but because I was just cleaning up the zone almost all the missions left were side-missions and the main story mission, so despite sitting down for 5-6+ hours of normal play I was left with 4 "main" missions left for the second phase of the meta-daily. Which was incredibly frustrating, because I was "finished" for the day and didn't want to continue playing, but felt bad because I knew I was missing out on 2k+ MOF, and I'm slowly exchanging MOF for Auram to unlock the next tier of sprint.

Just...gah, the daily system is truly awful. It's responsible for killing so much of my desire to play, because given that there's a literal monetary value attached to MOF thanks to the exchange, not getting it feels like "missing out" on money. And going back to old zones to quickly clear out missions isn't fun, especially since one shotting everything ends up breaking some of the early missions (I've done it a few times, it wasn't fun) -_-

Also, found out you need to be 50 to fuse to epic or higher quality gear. That's handy to know before I dumped tons into upgrading weapons. Oh well, at least I've got a bunch of stuff sitting and waiting for me to upgrade when I finally hit 50.
    I'm on the second Egypt zone atm. God I hate it so much. First I was fine with. Think I'm going to get the storyline done and gtfo. Its such a shitty design I can't even bother trying to do the 2nd part of the daily challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I'm on the second Egypt zone atm. God I hate it so much. First I was fine with. Think I'm going to get the storyline done and gtfo. Its such a shitty design I can't even bother trying to do the 2nd part of the daily challenges.
    Yeah...second zone is super rough. It's a shame, because I think it's got a lot of really good elements to it (the banter between the statues is great at building those characters out despite their inability to do...well...much of anything) and the overall narrative arc could be super interesting. I'm not looking forward to doing it again, may just tighten up my belt and try to clear the whole thing out in a day or two if possible. At least Transylvania is fantastic, so there's that to look forward to!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Also i "found" the best way to level up stuff without going crazy with items and currencies. First of all use only same-type empowerment - the shards lost in putting every green into your blue weapon isn't worth the XP. Keep some items and level them up as fusion fodders, the rest sell to a vendor and you won't have any shard issue whatsoever. It actually nets you a little bit too much shards, but when you find yourself full just burn them through green empowerments again for fodders. Given the amount needed to get an orange piece of gear, greens are more valuable than they look.
    This is what I started doing pretty early on, waste of potential shards using them for exp. Pretty much have to vendor them given the cost of upgrading past purple, haven't done the math but I'd be suprised if it doesnt cost well over a million to get to orange. Been lucky getting quite a few 3 pip crit glyphs so MoF aren't an issue for me currently, shards are the big restriction.

I remember mentioning in this very thread how I strongly dislike desert zones in games yet suprisingly enjoyed Egypt but yeah.. was a chore getting through it again. On a side note I've gone full achievements up until Shadowy Forest, including lore, and only one I'm missing are the tomb scarabs.. kept getting to 99 and gave up. I had it in TSW, not sure how I keep missing it but it vexed me.

Also it did mention the level 50 thing at the start, easy to miss though.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Just...gah, the daily system is truly awful. It's responsible for killing so much of my desire to play, because given that there's a literal monetary value attached to MOF thanks to the exchange, not getting it feels like "missing out" on money.
    *cough* So are you aware that different characters can do the daily challenges and earn marks of favour? So each alt increases the amount of aurum you could be earning.

If you're already feeling the pressure on one character...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *cough* So are you aware that different characters can do the daily challenges and earn marks of favour? So each alt increases the amount of aurum you could be earning.

If you're already feeling the pressure on one character...
    I have next to zero interest in alts (though do want to see the Illuminati story stuff at some point), but yeah, that doesn't bother me simply due to the shear amount of time I'd have to invest into the alt etc. It's just frustrating to not be able to even reasonably complete on my main character.

Oh well, at least I'm now around 800 auram, hopefully this weekend will give me enough time to get enough MoF for the last 200 so I can upgrade my sprint, then onto inventory/bank expansions.

*shrug* Takes me less than an hour to chug out the daily challenges on one character. Savage Coast: Daniel Bach -> John Wolf -> Nick Winter -> Red.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *shrug* Takes me less than an hour to chug out the daily challenges on one character. Savage Coast: Daniel Bach -> John Wolf -> Nick Winter -> Red.
    Yep, I've gone back to the first few zones to clear out missions quickly before, it's just super, insanely, way unenjoyable for me. Especially when you have to jump through hoops because a lot of missions really don't like you one shotting quest mobs, and some seem to have issues getting mobs to trigger/spawn properly because you're too high level to aggro them.