Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

When are we going to lose?

I'm so sick of "Azeroth is saved.". Its so repetitive, does barely nothing to push the threat of the enemy or the story at all. These late big threats, The Lich King's scourge, Deathwing and his Twilight Hammer and the Iron Horde were all built up to be these big bad-asses to destroy everything only to be watered down and be fodder. Stop creating these "Super-man savior" heroes like Thrall and Illidan that were born to save the world from evil. Its cheesy and not fit for the theme of Warcraft. These villains are being served to us on a different plate with the same flavor.

Whatever threat is next in 8.0, let them win. I want them to kill off a mass amount of main characters. Legion was doing it right until Sargeras' little incident in Antorus' raid. .
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Wow doesn't have a story.

Warcraft has a story, its just not in wow.

Technically we lost in the Burning Crusade (at least the first part of it), although that's a retroactive revelation. We fell right into Kil'jaeden's plan to deal with his Illidan problem for him, otherwise we might have avoided Legion and the death and destruction that happened as a result.

The main problem is escalation. Almost every threat in World of Warcraft has been "if you don't stop them the world will end." You can't lose to that because then there would be no more story or game. We need more localized scope to threats.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I want them to kill off a mass amount of main characters.
    You have literally no idea how much more damage than good this would cause to the story.

we do lose at the start of every expansion, like in cata, DW kind of messed up the entire planet and we put a stop to it but we lost the dragons aspects cause of it.

A loss story, while interesting, would be very hard to pull off. I know that if I put in all that time questing, dungeons, raiding, gearing, everything, all just to lose, that would suck.

In a single player game, you can tell that kind of story because you character can be carried on into the overcome story, but in an MMO, a loss has an impact on the world and we all know how the last world impact changed the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already said we'll mostly win. We'll have our losses but for the most part we'll come out on top in the end. Honestly, the demand for more characters getting killed off is already a worry for me. Some characters are in need of some serious development and whenever Blizzard doesn't know what to do or wants another leader to step up they kill the previous one.

If they wanna kill off characters do so to the characters who have nothing else to develope. Malfurion's had plenty of development and can die. Gallywix is a horrible person and hasn't shown any growth at all, granted he's a goblin but still! Build up characters before you break them down. Tired of all my Horde leaders dying. Tired of people demanding for their deaths too.

Horde Score of dead Leaders : 3 | Alliance Score of dead Leaders : 1

At the very least try to make it fair Blizzard, since that's probably the reason why you decided to kill off Vol'jin on the shore instead of going in the direction of him faking his death.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm so sick of "Azeroth is saved.". Its so repetitive, does barely nothing to push the threat of the enemy or the story at all. These late big threats, The Lich King's scourge, Deathwing and his Twilight Hammer and the Iron Horde were all built up to be these big bad-asses to destroy everything only to be watered down and be fodder. Stop creating these "Super-man savior" heroes like Thrall and Illidan that were born to save the world from evil. Its cheesy and not fit for the theme of Warcraft. These villains are being served to us on a different plate with the same flavor.

Whatever threat is next in 8.0, let them win. I want them to kill off a mass amount of main characters. Legion was doing it right until Sargeras' little incident in Antorus' raid. .
    we lost at the broken shore, we also sorta lost at the tomb of sargeras dungeon, with the raid we had to come back and fix what we lost
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Us players never lose but the NPCs in the game does.

7+ Year Old Account

Umm.. we can't have all the female lore characters killed off cause how will we be able to repopulate..
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    We lose each time we let a dumb threat rise up and take over. Gul'dan, Garrosh, Arthas. We suck
    There's a trope for that.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ThwartStageOne
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no fun in losing unless you can go back later and kick butt.
    Essentially what happened at broken shore. We lost. Big time.

Losing and leaving it at that works in movies but not in never ending MMOs.
    I agree that the superman NPCs like green Jesus and Illidan are annoying though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The short "we lose at the start, then they sit in their castles and wait for us to attack" technique has not worked at all as far as compelling gameplay.
    yet its the only type WoW can offer.

These antagonists are built up cause its almost a requirement that we the hero be the underdog. Our enemies outnumber us, smarter, more clever, better looking, they hold every advantage.

Like the Elisande encounter, every outlook points to us loosing. By any realistic estimation we are always supposed to lose.
    But we don't, and that's why we are called "heroes".
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    We can flee at the end and barely escape, overcoming some baddies on the way. It's pretty straightforward.
    right ilike the Lich King

And what did we do after? Killed him like any other
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping we'd lose in WoD... that Guldan would have succeeded, Archimonde would have beaten us, forcing a retreat (think of Wrath's Halls of Reflection and how we have to fall back from Arthas). That would have led into Legion - we'd have lost alternate Draenor to the Legion, barely escaped and have them nipping at our heels so this is our last stand.

Yes, we win in the end, but only having lost a huge battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't lose with any current villains. Void wins? End of the universe. Legions wins? End of the universe. We can lose against villains like Garrosh, but with what we are up against now? Its impossible to write a loss.

We should get a story in which both factions are infiltrated and at the end of the expansion, we are under the command of a powerfull enemy. We are under siege from within and thus, setting the scene for the next expansion when we remove the corupption and we come to power again.

Think about Harry Potter when the Minister of Magic was under the control of Voldemort and Hogwarts was run by them.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Losing is kinda meh for repeatable content, it's demotivating for many people, that's why scenarios when we lose are limited to one-time events, e.g. 1st Broken Shore assault.

People would just whine and cry when we eventually have to fight the same threat again. "ffs lazy Blizzard reusing content"
    They would rather whine and cry about a new threat which is introduced that "Blizzard pulled out their ass"

Personally I'm all for losing. Or at-least a sacrifice which costs us our demi-god status / power.

Maybe becouse if we lose its all over, we can have major setbacks but if we lose everything is destroyed and everyone is dead.